UK Taycan Insurance

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Have you tried Admiral directly as they were very competitive.
On compare the market they quoted me over £3K so I didn't even bother trying them directly. Is it usual for them to be much lower if you go direct?
Sponsored

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you tried Admiral directly as they were very competitive.
Yep, give Admiral a go. I went through compare the market, however you can also go direct to them.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On compare the market they quoted me over £3K so I didn't even bother trying them directly. Is it usual for them to be much lower if you go direct?
Oh right. I doubt they will be any lower if you go direct but you can try. I think £1600 would sound about right for your age.

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh right. I doubt they will be any lower if you go direct but you can try. I think £1600 would sound about right for your age.
To be honest I think £1600 is probably the lowest I will get. My current Audi A4 costs about £1100 with Aviva and its half the value and power output. Aviva declined to quote me for the Taycan.

Churchill actually said they would reduce the premium by £300 if I got a box but I haven't had one since I was 18 and it would just ruin the driving experience.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To be honest I think £1600 is probably the lowest I will get. My current Audi A4 costs about £1100 with Aviva and its half the value and power output. Aviva declined to quote me for the Taycan.

Churchill actually said they would reduce the premium by £300 if I got a box but I haven't had one since I was 18 and it would just ruin the driving experience.
Yeah I could have got cheaper insurance with a box however decided not to.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Try reducing the annual mileage to cut the insurance costs, especially if you don’t plan on using all those miles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Age is not on your side. What about other factors - location, garaged, on street parking etc?

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Age is not on your side. What about other factors - location, garaged, on street parking etc?
Parked on a driveway at home. Cutting the millage does decrease the price but I know for certain I will do at least 8K a year

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
£662 for renewal of my Taycan 4S with a cap of 12,000 miles and tracker required.
Hoping to not have any supplement when I change in 4wks to a Turbo that’s presently entering production - but realistically it may be another £100-150 more.

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
Just to chime in here with a +1 for Admiral. Very decent premium for my circumstances.
The difference between activating / not activating VTS was only £33. needless to say, i didn't go for the telematics policy!

Suggest that you call them and go for multicar if possible, I added my other car when it renews in Oct, also my home insurance when it renews in June next year.

All in all, i saw about a 20% discount on the original when adding other policies.

Call them to set up. The website collects all the information then burps when faced with multipolicy and makes you call them anyway only to have to go through all the information again.

it takes a while but worth it.

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
Has anyone had a quote from Admiral lately? I am currently with them but I have yet to receive my renewal paperwork with three weeks to go and they are not quoting on the comparison websites. Wondering if they have too many Taycan's on their books before I call them.

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Has anyone had a quote from Admiral lately? I am currently with them but I have yet to receive my renewal paperwork with three weeks to go and they are not quoting on the comparison websites. Wondering if they have too many Taycan's on their books before I call them.
Just renewed mine with Admiral, it is a multi-car policy. The renewal price had gone up by just over 30% but on calling they reduced it to just above last years price.