4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Alex. Worth a call to A Plan Private Clients in High Wycombe.
First time I used them was for my Taycan and they were faultless and had no issues with thePersonal/Company/Owner/RK mix.
Sponsored

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Just to add the outcome here. I called Matthew at First Point as suggested previously.

Great quote, best I've had, return to invoice for 3 years and fully comp on any other car outside of the household. More then happy to recommend them. It's with Aviva Private Clients.

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Just to add the outcome here. I called Matthew at First Point as suggested previously.

Great quote, best I've had, return to invoice for 3 years and fully comp on any other car outside of the household. More then happy to recommend them. It's with Aviva Private Clients.
@Alex can you DM me the details?

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Done, but I don't see any problem popping them here too...

Matthew Cattell
Client Manager

Direct Dial: 01604 498866

Mention Alex from Lampadina recommended him.

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
I’m actually waiting for a call back from Matthew with quotes.... but so far, I’m seeing completely unreasonable quotes!! Living in London with street
Parking is turning out to be a killer!(also lost my NCD last year as I wrote off my M5,was an absolute stupid low
Speed accident, The road divider won! )I might just have to cancel my order if Matthew doesn’t save the day,
Which to be honest I don’t think I will. The Absolute cheapest I’ve found has been with admiral, with a tracker for...... drum roll..... £3k!!!

Morchman

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Im paying £1600 with Aviva but car has to be garaged. This is a policy through my limited co so had to start with zero NCB. If you have decent NCB could be a lot cheaper

Im hoping for a much lower quote next year

NFU would also be a good option but old school broker style set up so you need to call your nearest office

Morchman

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m actually waiting for a call back from Matthew with quotes.... but so far, I’m seeing completely unreasonable quotes!! Living in London with street
Parking is turning out to be a killer!(also lost my NCD last year as I wrote off my M5,was an absolute stupid low
Speed accident, The road divider won! )I might just have to cancel my order if Matthew doesn’t save the day,
Which to be honest I don’t think I will. The Absolute cheapest I’ve found has been with admiral, with a tracker for...... drum roll..... £3k!!!
This is the best car around by miles - Id find the money!

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I found First Point good but expensive, NFU did it for me. You have to call them but its no biggie.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So Taycan is coming Saturday and thought I would get the insurance in place through Admiral.

Seems all the info I was given before by them was wrong. Spoke to them today and they are stating if the registered keeper is the lease company then the insurance is higher. So instead of £629 is now £789.

I spoke to my sales guy and he has stated that I cannot be the registered keeper.

I've checked a few online forums which state it shouldn't make a difference however there is a few insurers hiking the price up if the registered keeper is not yourself.

Some won't even insure you if it is not in your name.

FYI this is a business contact hire and being insured on my personal insurance policy.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have found the following link which allows you to get quotes for leased vehicles from compare the market.

https://www.comparethemarket.com/car-insurance/car-insurance-for-lease-cars/

This is where the car/log book is registered in the lease companies name. This does make a difference of how much a policy costs.

A while ago I did check this and another forum and it seemed most were saying it does not matter where the car is registered, however according to the insurance companies it does.

Just waiting for a call back from First Point as recommended on here and then will go ahead whoever is the cheapest.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For the guys who are adding black boxes / trackers - do you not already have the Porsche PVTS installed (which is a Thacham CAT V tracker / immobiliser - you don’t need both, right? The PVTS service also comes with an insurance certificate as proof (pretty neat). Annual subscription required.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I’ve been quoted £1,369 by Churchill for 5k miles, business use, where I am the registered owner and the legal owner is my company, with this being my first car insured under my name. No black box. Adding the tracker didn’t impact the quote.

Does this seem reasonable? My car is expected to be delivered on June 18, so shall I purchase insurance now, or wait closer to the date for cheaper insurance?
Sponsored