First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina D3 Biturbo
Country flag
Hi

I am currently considering the Cross Turismo 4 (vs. a considerably cheaper i4 M50) but to limit the final cost I want to be sure to pick the right options.

I drive an Alpina D3 Biturbo Allrad (Xdrive) without torque vectoring. Although it drives better than the Audi A5 I had before, the Audi had an optional torque vectoring and was better in cornering. Therefore I was contemplating the PTV+ option for a CT4. I wonder if is really worthwhile. Motoman drove one without and was very happy with how it drove. I drove a CT4S without it but did not really do a lot of high-speed cornering.

I now have chosen the following specs: Volcano Grey with Vesuvius inlays and 20" wheels. Standard seats in black (two-tone maybe less ideal combo with the grey exterior). Power steering plus but not the rear-wheel steering. BOSE sytem.

Other goodies are also on the whishlist:
- insulating glass (for quite interior especially)
- sport sound: nice in the car I tested but not sure if I would miss it
- memory for the seating
- front seat warming
- pack Chrono plus, maybe with a nice race-tex steering wheel, is tempting but it looks like you can activate all the sport plus settings without it, so I'll probably skip that.

But the drive quality is a priority, so therefore I wonder if would notice the PTV+ in the driving, even in the "base" CT4.

Does anyone had the chance to compare cars with and without it?

Thank you for the input. Appreciated!

Peter
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My Taycan 4S has PTV+, rear-wheel steering and PDCC. I recently had a loaner Taycan 4s with none of these options.

I noticed them missing when driving spiritedly on mountain passes. However, I would find it impossible to say, which of these options you'd miss the most. They work well together and I just can't feel each option individually.

I did feel that the difference between all of these options and none was not too much. The lower centre of gravity really helps this car in its "default" setting.

I think I'd choose these options in this order, if I had to: a] rear-wheel steering, b] PDCC, c] PTV+. Mostly because, I use the rear-wheel steering every time I park in my apartment complex underground and PDCC because I value the "flatness" of the car when going round corners. I'm not experienced enough to understand the impact of PTV+.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Based on advices from salesman, I selected all three (rear steering, pdcc and ptv+)…. I had rear steering in Renault (very useful), but since i'm easy driver, it's hard to believe that I'll notice ptv+ and pdcc.

Last edited:

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Have none and in sports mode I would describe it as flat. Probably would have more difference on a track.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
You mentioned that your Audi had torque vectoring. One thing to note is that Audi, Honda and other manufacturers that primarily rely on FWD based platforms use torque vectoring as a way to help counteract the inherent understeer in their chassis. A Taycan has all of its weight down low and in the center of the car so it's less of a concern I think. Not saying you wouldn't notice a difference if driven back to back but if you are trying to limit your option costs then it seems ilke an easy one to skip.

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Agree with the above you just won't need it with CT being so planted down, skip it I'm sure there's plenty of other options before it in the pecking order.

TorAtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 Mamba
Country flag
Test drove a CT4S with RWS today. It felt a little softer and riding a little higher than the regular Taycan. I would say it's still flat-ish in the corners but you can feel the weight, so I added PDCC and PTV+ to my order (already ticked RWS). No demo cars around with the tech unfortunately, so I'm not sure how big of an improvement it will be.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think I'd choose these options in this order, if I had to: a] rear-wheel steering, b] PDCC, c] PTV+. Mostly because, I use the rear-wheel steering every time I park in my apartment complex underground and PDCC because I value the "flatness" of the car when going round corners. I'm not experienced enough to understand the impact of PTV+.
I don't mind my car leaning slightly (as compared to the TS, I drove at Hockenheimring, which felt like a brand new highspeed train on a brand new track), so PDCC for me is not really a performance option. RAS is a must for tight city driving and parking. Love PTV+, it gets me so much better around corners.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have the standard CT4 and blimey it corners at speed like it’s on rails! Unless you are trying to beat land speed records suspect these options bring marginal gains. I can’t imagine what a Turbo is like!

Wouldn’t bother with Chronopack - its easy to change modes. Main thing I change is switching the sound on and off using one of the configurable diamond buttons

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
After talking to my dealer a bit about PTV+ I concluded that in almost any case of legal and safe driving, I would be giving up way before the car without PTV+ is even close to its limits.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I would agree - you don't need either. PDCC for tracking (but you won't be). PTV+ - perhaps an advantage in snowy conditions...but should you be driving....and by now already used to driving in snow!?

The standard car (due to the low centre of gravity, wheels etc) is just so planted I doubt if you would ever detect the presence of these additional options.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I haven't driven a comparison but based on my experience as an engineer on racing cars my guess would be torque vectoring would be more effective than PDCC on a car with such a low C of G. I have chosen it for mine and am still wondering about whether PDCC is worth it for me.
I won't do track days so I am not sure.
I am going for rear steer because of manoeuvring such a huge car.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I wonder does the Turbo S coming with RWS and PTV+ as standard answer the question?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I have it in my 4S and completely left it off my upcoming CT4 build. I enjoy driving it beyond everyday spirited driving every now and then, but I doubt they were ever a factor for any driving I did. When I test drove a fairly low spec CT4 and pulled the trigger on an order, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and my 4S in terms of handling. I'm sure other drivers that really push it on their cars can say otherwise, but for the type of driving 99% of us do, even being Porsche enthusiasts, these things are just really good dealer markups. A butt naked Taycan RWD is still a pleasure on the road and around corners.

NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
I noticed on the configurator today that you can’t have PDCC on its own, adds PTV automatically.
You can have just PTV though.
Has it always been like that?
Sponsored