kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I always thought voice control was just a gimmick, but often use it now - mostly for climate control when I don’t want to look away from the road. I’m curious to know if voice control is widely used, but also more specifically, does anyone know what the ”Short Dialogue“ commands are? It’s an option under voice control settings but I haven’t found any more explanation other than “Use shortened voice commands“.

(I suspect the answer may turn out to be embarrassingly obvious!!! :facepalm:)
Sponsored

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I always thought voice control was just a gimmick, but often use it now - mostly for climate control when I don’t want to look away from the road. I’m curious to know if voice control is widely used, but also more specifically, does anyone know what the ”Short Dialogue“ commands are? It’s an option under voice control settings but I haven’t found any more explanation other than “Use shortened voice commands“.

I never use it. I find it for instance in comparison with BMW poorly implemented, it barely ever in one time understands what I am saying. Maybe it don't speak proper Dutch😃

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Check the Porsche Good To Know App section for voice control.

I rarely use it as it is essentially slow, leads to frustration and 9 times out of 10 gets it wrong or doesn't work.

Sir on the other hand is in a class of its own (for non car functions).

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I never use it. I find it for instance in comparison with BMW poorly implemented, it barely ever in one time understands what I am saying. Maybe it don't speak proper Dutch😃
I tried some instructions like massage on and ventilation on one in Dutch and it worked. Destination is navigation is more difficult. But it was the same in my X5.
Maybe my Dutch is better 😂. Grew up in Amersfoort and Arnhem but moved to Belgium for my studies and stayed. Still supported for Orange yesterday (before the matche started)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Sir on the other hand is in a class of its own (for non car functions).
You meant Siri, right?
And yes, i totaly agree with you. Porsche voice control is very slow…and it doesn’t understand my English…but if you,as an Englishman experienced the same, then I have no chance to “speak” with PVC at all :giggle: .
OTOH, I’m just doing fine with Siri…most of the time. she just doesn’t find some albums or missplay some songs (might be my acent).
if you (or any native English speaker) have some spare time, ask Siri for the following albums:
The Greatest Showman (always play just the first song only, The Greatest Show)
Manhole (by Grace Slick)…i tried zillion times, no success
Mandylion (by The Gathering), no success.

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
General consensus isn’t very favourable then! It works well enough for me to avoid looking down at the lower screen to change temperature etc., but I agree for voice control it’s not a patch on Siri.

Bsclwilly - thanks for the list of voice commands. Nothing much came up when I did a search before my first post, but this one appeared in a list of similar threads which adds to it:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/voice-command-trying-to-build-up-an-exhaustive-list.3350/

I’m still puzzled by what the “short dialogue“ commands are as there’s no details in the Good To Know app or in the instruction book.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
General consensus isn’t very favourable then! It works well enough for me to avoid looking down at the lower screen to change temperature etc., but I agree for voice control it’s not a patch on Siri.

Bsclwilly - thanks for the list of voice commands. Nothing much came up when I did a search before my first post, but this one appeared in a list of similar threads which adds to it:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/voice-command-trying-to-build-up-an-exhaustive-list.3350/

I’m still puzzled by what the “short dialogue“ commands are as there’s no details in the Good To Know app or in the instruction book.
I think it is simply short sentences eg 'Home rather than 'Take me home.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I seldom use Voice Control, as it doesn't work as well as my old BMW did.

Sometimes it just gives me bonkers responses.

The ones that do seem to work for me are:

'Navigate to xxxxx'

'stop route guidance'

'switch air conditioning on/off'

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
Actually, I use voice command a lot--changing radio stations (both in FM and Sirius XM). Also, use it for navigation (if not using maps in Apple Carplay.).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I wish I could do same - 'Hey Porsche' is just not on it when it comes to interpreting my commands - perhaps it s because I shout at her when it goes wrong (mostly)!

Hopefully there are improvements with the latest recall updates.

Siri, on the other hand, is by far and away the better option.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I need to start trying this more. I will admit that I had largely given up on Siri and other voice recognition after a year of seeing how it translated sentences like “do you want to see a picture of my deck” during my remodeling (despite me NEVER saying the word it was assuming to my phone). So, I stopped using for fear of becoming an accidental “me too” perpetrator.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Wish list: a list of Taycan reliable voice commands. Would be nice to have to try out. Thanks.
Sponsored