Was your Taycan delivered with missing specs?

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
I know many of the MY21 customers experienced this: a year and a half after delivery I was told by my dealer that Porsche cannot retrofit the steering wheel. They offered me 200EUR which don't compensate the missing part for me. I got the second car key about the same time, one year after delivery, no excuses or anything else.

Before delivery Porsche made me sign their conditions where they explicitly stated the missing parts will be delivered and/or retrofitted for free. This was their statement, nothing said about a compensation. Their present lack of diplomacy upsets me because I've seen it becoming a habit for many companies. They know it is more expensive to hire a lawyer, so they force their customers into something else. As many people already accepted their "compensation" probably the critical mass for a class action is difficult to achieve. The small case courts are still available for some.

The least we could do is to leave a negative review on Google Maps or similar on the dealership we bought from. If this happens all over the world it will turn away some prospective customers and will make Porsche reconsider their strategy in the future. This is why Tesla has a much stronger fan base. Because they deal directly with the customers Tesla must perform or face an immediate negative backlash.

So, if you were not happy with what they did, please share your experience with your local dealership. A few years ago I saw a similar action via BMW dealerships and the factory reacted positively in just a couple of months.

Feel free to share your experience.

You can find your dealership here:
https://www.google.com/maps
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I just realised that the car I picked up last week came with two key fobs. Forgot that was a thing for ages.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
IThis is why Tesla has a much stronger fan base. Because they deal directly with the customers Tesla must perform or face an immediate negative backlash.
You are obviously not a Tesla customer. Broken promises has been a theme with Tesla since almost the beginning. Not only that Tesla counts on the fact that lawsuits are expensive, Elon has a personal rule that he will spend a million dollars fighting a $5K lawsuit, just to deter others from suing. One thing you learn with Tesla really quick, unless something is there on delivery day, it's probably never coming, so don't ever pay for anything not there or working in the car on delivery day. Once they have your money, your priority is nothing. Ask people who leased cars in 2016 with a promise of FSD, for which they paid thousands of dollars. Spoiler alert, they got absolutely nothing for their money by their lease end (3 or 4 year), not even a badge on the screen which said FSD was there, even though Tesla order page officially said it would start working by end of 2016. Today Tesla says FSD is only "a long term aspirational goal" as far as anyone claiming they didn't get what they paid for. FSD is not the first, last, or only such broken promise, just the most well known because it affected the most customers.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After the Tesla buying experiences, if Porsche offered me a retrofit in the future, I would insist on a written guarantee with a specific tangible compensation attached by a specific date (even if many months into the future). If they are not willing to offer such a written guarantee, assume it may never happen, so reconsider whether I still want the car at the previously agreed upon price, and either back out of the deal or negotiate a lower price.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I know many of the MY21 customers experienced this: a year and a half after delivery I was told by my dealer that Porsche cannot retrofit the steering wheel. They offered me 200EUR which don't compensate the missing part for me. I got the second car key about the same time, one year after delivery, no excuses or anything else.

Before delivery Porsche made me sign their conditions where they explicitly stated the missing parts will be delivered and/or retrofitted for free. This was their statement, nothing said about a compensation. Their present lack of diplomacy upsets me because I've seen it becoming a habit for many companies. They know it is more expensive to hire a lawyer, so they force their customers into something else. As many people already accepted their "compensation" probably the critical mass for a class action is difficult to achieve. The small case courts are still available for some.

The least we could do is to leave a negative review on Google Maps or similar on the dealership we bought from. If this happens all over the world it will turn away some prospective customers and will make Porsche reconsider their strategy in the future. This is why Tesla has a much stronger fan base. Because they deal directly with the customers Tesla must perform or face an immediate negative backlash.

So, if you were not happy with what they did, please share your experience with your local dealership. A few years ago I saw a similar action via BMW dealerships and the factory reacted positively in just a couple of months.

Feel free to share your experience.

You can find your dealership here:
https://www.google.com/maps
I understand your frustration. Missing options/features would drive me nuts on what is essentially a custom vehicle. I dont believe that a negative review on the dealer would accomplish much though as most dealers would agree with your position but dont have the power to change Porsche’s decision on things like this. When I had issues with Porsche, I went straight to Porsche North America in my case.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand your frustration. Missing options/features would drive me nuts on what is essentially a custom vehicle. I dont believe that a negative review on the dealer would accomplish much though as most dealers would agree with your position but dont have the power to change Porsche’s decision on things like this. When I had issues with Porsche, I went straight to Porsche North America in my case.
Yea, but with the dealer system, can you sue PCNA directly or do you have to sue the dealer, then the dealer in turn can sue PCNA? Say you wanted to give the car back, since the wording (at least in the US) was along the lines that you accept the car on the condition of retrofit being done later. You could argue in court that no retrofit, no acceptance of the car, so the transaction needs to be undone.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yea, but with the dealer system, can you sue PCNA directly or do you have to sue the dealer, then the dealer in turn can sue PCNA? Say you wanted to give the car back, since the wording (at least in the US) was along the lines that you accept the car on the condition of retrofit being done later. You could argue in court that no retrofit, no acceptance of the car, so the transaction needs to be undone.
The contract law gets tricky. I was more addressing the effectiveness of dinging the dealer with a negative review as a means of driving change with Porsche AG.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
I was -complete! I guess lucky I was - My 22 CT4 delivered last December 21.
Only major issue was the Alarm going off randomly fix now.
I have the the issue with easy entry / close / open the car - there is a fix but I am waiting the 2 year service to get it fix.
I would agree that at least in the US the post sales service is not at the level of the Brand - at least is not at the level of the service I was used back when I was living in Switzerland.
Now this is a different time - service is in general down across ALL industries, I recently build a house - Trust me Porsche service is AMAZING comparatively!

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
It almost seems like MY22 was the peak model year for the Taycan so far.

My car was essentially completely specced out with every possible option, yet except for a few months delay (which I was compensated for), everything was properly delivered with the car.

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
Electric steering wheel option is definitely a cool feature when you use it but honestly you forget about it once it’s set.
I personally wouldn’t fret over it but each to their own.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Electric steering wheel option is definitely a cool feature when you use it but honestly you forget about it once it’s set.
Doesn't the Taycan have an easy entry/exit option where the steering wheel moves out of the way to make entry/exit easier? I bet you'd notice having to manually adjust the steering wheel every time you get out and back into the car.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doesn't the Taycan have an easy entry/exit option where the steering wheel moves out of the way to make entry/exit easier? I bet you'd notice having to manually adjust the steering wheel every time you get out and back into the car.
It does. If moving the steering column was necessary for comfortable ingress/egress, it would be a pain. I have it now and had it on my past Porsche. For that reason, it’s a must have for me. If you never had it and are smaller in height and build, it’s possible to go without it I guess.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It does. If moving the steering column was necessary for comfortable ingress/egress, it would be a pain. I have it now and had it on my past Porsche. For that reason, it’s a must have for me. If you never had it and are smaller in height and build, it’s possible to go without it I guess.
What is possible and what people are willing to live with when they buy a 100K+ car are totally separate things. When I travel, I rent a Toyota Camry and am able to use it for transportation, but if Porsche was to deliver me a Camry and ask for Taycan money for it, I would not accept. 😉

Last edited:

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
You are obviously not a Tesla customer. Broken promises has been a theme with Tesla since almost the beginning. Not only that Tesla counts on the fact that lawsuits are expensive, Elon has a personal rule that he will spend a million dollars fighting a $5K lawsuit, just to deter others from suing. One thing you learn with Tesla really quick, unless something is there on delivery day, it's probably never coming, so don't ever pay for anything not there or working in the car on delivery day. Once they have your money, your priority is nothing. Ask people who leased cars in 2016 with a promise of FSD, for which they paid thousands of dollars. Spoiler alert, they got absolutely nothing for their money by their lease end (3 or 4 year), not even a badge on the screen which said FSD was there, even though Tesla order page officially said it would start working by end of 2016. Today Tesla says FSD is only "a long term aspirational goal" as far as anyone claiming they didn't get what they paid for. FSD is not the first, last, or only such broken promise, just the most well known because it affected the most customers.
As an owner of both I concur. FSD will go down in history as one of the greatest con jobs ever. Shall we talk about the wipers now 😂

Thankfully my Taycan was delivered with every option present and accounted for. I’m very sorry for the OP and other folks that didn’t get what they ordered. They should simply get the money refunded for what wasn’t delivered.

OP
OP
Mtljckt

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
The contract law gets tricky. I was more addressing the effectiveness of dinging the dealer with a negative review as a means of driving change with Porsche AG.
Jurisdiction could say your contract is with the dealership. They promised a retrofit and they have the capability (e.g. service). The local dealership told me this recall goes on behalf of the dealership that sold me the car, it is written in their system.

Even without a service in place, dealerships run on reviews. I assure you a lost customer hurts them much more than it hurts Porsche themselves. The customer goes to a different dealership or chooses a different car brand. Since I have nothing against Porsche's engineers I was considering getting a 911 in the future. It will definitely be with a different dealership.

All in one, the balance is in customers favour, a single negative review can make the dealership lose a customer in the future. They won't even know it but in the big picture these things help the consumer. I guess we all read reviews before placing an important order, right?
Sponsored