mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I have a very tight 2-car garage, and I am able to park Taycan + VW Atlas safely with <1-inch precision, because I marked each spot with vinyl tape, which serves as a guide for the cameras - a rectangle for the car perimeter (to make the area clear of random stuff), and a center line (to keep the car centered when getting in).

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
How wide are you guys' garages? I will take delivery of my Taycan end of the year and I am worried that I might have to expand the width of my garage... something I would really like to avoid.

My garage width measures 230cm (90.5 in), in your experience would this be sufficient?
The car is 5m by 2m. You will need a ft to the driver side to get out.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
What humours me is the sheer space that the USA has vs the UK.

The UK has an obscene population density pretty much everywhere.

That means much smaller property footprint - where the average property size is more than 50% smaller than that in the USA (730sqf vs 1600sqf).

Trying to park your car, even one much smaller than the Taycan, is more of a logistical headache. If your property has a garage in the UK, it is a single and often based on dimensions of the typical car from decades ago... Which were much smaller.

I actually don't know my living arrangements by the time I get my Taycan next year, but garage or driveway, either are good options... It's just most properties with a garage in the UK are completely unsuitable for a car the size of a Taycan owing to their, on average, tiny footprint.

ASTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The car is 5m by 2m. You will need a ft to the driver side to get out.
I should have been more clear. The 230cm is just the opening of the garage. Once in, I will have about 9feet of freedom to get out from the driver's side.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I put mine in the garage. I had to have a shed built to put all the tools and other rubbish that was in the garage somewhere to house the Taycan, and I am really glad I did. Most of our outside car parking is covered by a very large Oak which deposits sap, catkins and the pigeon's droppings all over the place.

I am very envious of the large garages that some Americans have - I have been looking around for properties for sale in the Stockholm area with double garages and it's very limited, think I might move to a farm so that I can have a barn or horse stables for machines.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
For future reference- I've just measured 70cm required (beyond the main body) to fully open the driver's door, and 52cm to open to its middle-stop position (where even then my backside brushes the B-pillar- I reckon it would take a cardboard cutout contortionist to exit on the first-stop position of the door).

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
When I ordered my Taycan, I made sure that It would fit in my garage. Texas is hot five months out of the year. There's no way I would park it outside due to the hot summers.

I have a three car garage. The Taycan fits, but, it's tight in length. Plenty of room to open the driver's door. Take a look. Good luck with you garage.

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? IMG_0331

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? IMG_0328

Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your car? IMG_0371

Last edited:

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine lives happily on the drive, as the garage is now a gym. It wouldn't fit anyway.

Its fine outdoors in the UK regard battery etc.
👍
Preheat is useful in winter when it's frosty to defrost the car.

And I was told its cheaper to insure on the drive than in the garage (town house) due to the risk of smashing into a house wall when parking in the garage!

20220310_090259.jpg
Where did you get your charging cable with a porsche crest from?

Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I spend my days reversing into my parking space and avoiding a pillar thats just about encroaching into it.

IMG_1426.jpeg

It hasn't always gone to plan ...
Daamn, that hurts. What's the width between the yellow lines (inside of them, not including them)? My space looks similar to yours and I just wanna check if I'll be okayish with parking when I get mine :)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
It hasn't always gone to plan ...

IMG_0138.jpeg
Ouch! I did something very similar in a tight underground car park when I was abroad earlier this year. Was an SUV rental.

Had navigated the same turn with no problems, but this was 4.30am and I was half asleep doing an airport run. Didn't check my mirror and turned too tight into the ramp to exit car park. Put two 1" scratches into the edge of the rear side door, plus a small dent.

Two weeks later I was flying home and returned the vehicle to the rental firm at the airport. Somewhat ashamed that I had done something so dumb and avoidable - not least as the SUV was brand new and I was the first person to rent it - I was distracted with the faff of having to explain what happened.

A week later I was then in another foreign country. Opened my sunglasses case.

Missing.

Then I remember where I last had them: balanced on my thigh as I wound down the window dropping off the SUV.

They slipped off my knee and with my thoughts focussed squarely on a humiliating "yes, I damaged this brand new car", plus the airport dash, I didn't check I had all my belongings.

£200 to replace the sunglasses.

Thankfully global rental car insurance covered all of the damages (£220).

This entire chain of events from simply not checking my mirror.