philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Love ours and only mistake was the 21” wheels. It’s our family wagon and the 19” are what we need to take the abuse of everyday family life. Poodle fits perfect in the trunk, roof box for ski/road trips... Amazing machine!!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
No. Not in this market!

1. For this price, the overall quality of the car and service is just not good enough. My 4S+ with good options was well over 200k USD.

2. No innodrive or any other self driving feature available. Why?

3. NO FODs in the online shop!

4. The App connects fine to the server, but the server connection to the car is either very slow or fails completely.

Bottom line: Too many things are just not working or not working well, and they never (almost 2 years of ownership) gets fixed!

Having said that: Highly recommended to buy and experience it.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
In reading the forum, there seem to be many gremlins impacting the Taycan, and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US.

Seems like quite a few issues and campaigns, and now the PCM update. If you had to do it all again, would you still buy a Taycan? I agree they are EV, high-tech and great driving cars, but as a pending new owner, am I in for a world of headaches moving from a Cayenne to a Taycan?
It really depends on how well Porsche responds to the most recent recall. Two recalls affected my Taycan in less than 6 months; most recently being a major safety issue.

Over the past 5 years our 2017 Model S has had zero recalls and no major safety issues; embarrassing Porsche. Outstanding driving dynamics do not compensate for unsafe often undrivable conditions.

Still love the Taycan, though Porsche really needs to get it together regarding PCM issues and overall electronic integration.

Last edited:

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
I would, and I did! Traded my 2020 for a 2022 GTS and got a great deal, even though the new car was some over sticker. Love the Taycan!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
If I didn't have my car (for whatever reason) the ONLY car I would consider buying would be another Taycan, or if none available just possibly an Etron GT.

I would never buy another ICE car again.
And the Taycan / Etron are the only EV's I like.

We are on the list for the electric Macan for the Mrs when it comes out.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
What was the major safety issue recall?
Latest Recall

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan again? 1656399076584

There is no available remedy at the moment. It has caused a stop sale of new Taycans as well. Other may believe this recall is not a major safety issue, however, I would disagree. Cameras, vehicle settings, and navigation are all critical in a vehicle like the Taycan.

Last edited:

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
In reading the forum, there seem to be many gremlins impacting the Taycan, and frankly, there are over 400 used and CPO vehicles listed for sale here in the US.

Seems like quite a few issues and campaigns, and now the PCM update. If you had to do it all again, would you still buy a Taycan? I agree they are EV, high-tech and great driving cars, but as a pending new owner, am I in for a world of headaches moving from a Cayenne to a Taycan?
Add me to the YES list. There’s no denying my particular car had some issues (which all solved by itself), but no big troubles. I’ve added every option I would possibly think.
Best car I’ve driven on twisty roads, 450-500km range when I want to travel, but realistically I charge either very early (let’s say I need only 10-15% to get home) or very late (5-7% SoC). (RWD PB+ SportChrono).
Leather interior is very sensible, if you want to keep it as new you need a ceramic coating to clean out jeans stains easily, the steering wheel is in the same situation. You need PPF on front bumper ASAP. Other than this, for me it’s the perfect car.

psancla

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Gentian Blue, Mustang Mach E RWD
Country flag
Absolutely, I will buy again and I would add a few options that I missed on my 2021 car. I had a few problems at the start with the alarm, camera, TPM and one complete failure when the car had to be collected and returned to service centre for a a new PCM. Despite early problems my 4S has 5K miles since December 2021, regularly does Galway Dublin Galway with a 15 minute charge en route and is simply the best road car I have ever driven after 20 years of M5s and M3s. Porsche service centre in Dublin have been excellent. I will buy again in 3 years.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have a Taycan 4S and if I could do it over again I would not buy this car.

I’d buy a Taycan Turbo. 😍

But I’m sure my wife would not allow that, in which case, yes, I’d buy this car again.
Here's a suggestion: buy a turbo, same colour, same (visible) spec... and remove turbo sign on the back... or, ask delaer to mount "4S" from old, to new one :giggle: :angel:

leewad72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Of course!! Had my Taycan Turbo since Oct 2020 and I put a deposit down for PTS taycan turbo s last October, comfirmed delivery december 22,

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's absolutely remarkable how many positive reviews the car is getting here.

Its testament that even though there are often some niggles, most people still really love the car and wouldn't have anything else.

Never seen anything like it on a car forum. Normally it's people getting annoyed with issues and discussing why they can't wait to get rid and move on to a new brand/car.
Sponsored