TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
For those that love their Taycans and will give up their firstborn prior to their beloved car, but need another electric car, what do you drive or what do you have on order?

My wife is car hunting for something we can take ownership of before the year-end, with significantly more storage space. If the Macan EV were available I'd likely order it, but that seems unlikely to be in anyone's hands anytime soon. The quicker we find something, the sooner the Taycan is only driven by me, so this is top priority.

Let's try and be civilized and not turn this into a Tesla bashing; they don't appeal to me, but I'm still happy to hear from anyone happy with theirs.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Not what you're after of course, but my wife is mad about her current Mini Cooper S and fully intends to get the next gen electric equivalent due I believe in 2023.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
We have a Tesla Model 3 Performance, but that does not meet your requirements. I think it is a great city car, less so for long distance travel. Based on reviews I have read the Mustang Mach E or the Kia Niro may be good options.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Got nothing but praise to say for my Tesla Model 3 (apart from the looks!), I would say the Model Y that is now out in UK as a family car is hard to beat. The Ionic 5 also seems to be getting rave reviews and looks fairy decent in a modern/retro way. Something a bit more up market would be the BMW iX, again minus the front end is supposed to be a really good EV with some of the best tech along with a really good interior.

Last edited:

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
My wife loves her 2019 Audi eTron Prestige SUV. With the latest software upgrade range has been increased and is more than adequate for how she uses it. It's roomy, fit and finish are exceptional, there have been zero issues in the 2 years we've owned the car, and it is a pleasure to drive.

Last edited:

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
We have a 2017 Tesla Model X, which she still loves. Lots of storage space, quiet, people seem to like the looks. The car does not appeal to me, but it has been (relatively) solid with only a couple minor issues.

I'd definitely also check the Mustang Mach E, if I were you.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
yeah the Mach E seems like the best all arounder for the price.

I have to say that I really liked The Jaguar ipace after test driving one. Really nice feel, high quality and comfortable interior. Jaguar reliability is always a question mark but they’ve had a few years to sort out the ipace by now. Main downside is lackluster DC fast charging speeds but if you don’t regularly go on long road trips it doesn’t matter.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My vote goes to Mustang Mach E.

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, Macan GTS, TVR Chimaera 500
Country flag
Jag ipace. Had for 3 years and done over 50k miles. Practical and fast. Quite good equip as std. Nice car although sure Taycan will be a step up.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
The Taycan is our second EV behind the three year old EV g-wagen cabriolet driven by my 6yo. Not much storage space but it fits one friend, under 70lbs, in the passenger seat. Top speed is roughly 5mph and range is unknown but it’s done over 3 miles without dying.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
My current 2nd vehicle is a '19 Cayenne e-hybrid and is the ideal 2nd car since it can go pure electric for 20 miles or so in town, or use gas if I take it on a road where there are no CCS chargers. Last summer I went to eastern Montana to check the Little Big Horn battle field before heading to Bozeman and Butte and took the Cayenne since eastern Montana has no CCS charging infrastructure currently.

That all being said, the Cayenne goes away at the end of this year or the beginning of next year since I have a Rivian R1T on order. That I feel is the perfect electric vehicle household - a unique electric truck, and a Taycan for fun.

Reactions: B61

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I need something to carry stuff back from Home Depot or the garden center without wrecking the exterior finish or filling the inside with dirt.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
My wife loves her 2019 Audi eTron Prestige. With the latest software upgrade range has been increased and is more than adequate for how she uses it. It's roomy, fit and finish are exceptional, there have been zero issues in the 2 years we've owned the car, and it is a pleasure to drive.

I agree. I had an eTron Prestige for two years before getting my Taycan. Fit and finish is really nice just not as sporty as the Taycan.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
My other car is a Tesla model Y. It has lots of space but its pretty plain and its a bit quirky. It would be a good choice if you're looking for an SUV and are used to a rough ride.

My daughter has an e-tron which she likes a lot. I drive it when I visit. I think the e-tron (SUV not GT) would be a good choice if you are looking for a higher end SUVish EV. It has good range and is super comfortable (much more comfortable than my Y).
Sponsored