Delivery delays

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Exactly this!

And the nerve of Porsche NA here in the states to offer up no explanation whatsoever is, to me, nearly beyond belief.
they don’t give any more information over here either
Sponsored

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
Anyone here from U.A.E? I placed an order for T4S in early september, but the dealer says that there is still no allocation assigned.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone here from U.A.E? I placed an order for T4S in early september, but the dealer says that there is still no allocation assigned.
If you don’t have an actual build number then it sounds like you have been put on your dealer’s wait list for a future allocation. My dealer told me they won’t know until November what their 1Q22 allocations will be, perhaps yours will be a similar time frame as well. It’s worth asking how many people may or may not be ahead of you, depending on how many are on that wait list will determine whether you get one of their allocations in the next quarter.

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
If you don’t have an actual build number then it sounds like you have been put on your dealer’s wait list for a future allocation. My dealer told me they won’t know until November what their 1Q22 allocations will be, perhaps yours will be a similar time frame as well. It’s worth asking how many people may or may not be ahead of you, depending on how many are on that wait list will determine whether you get one of their allocations in the next quarter.
Thanks for the information, any idea how allocations get assigned to different regions/dealers ? Is it based on stock order and sales forecast? The reason I ask this is that I see some buyers on this forum place orders in September and get assigned allocations in 1 month out.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Thanks for the information, any idea how allocations get assigned to different regions/dealers ? Is it based on stock order and sales forecast? The reason I ask this is that I see some buyers on this forum place orders in September and get assigned allocations in 1 month out.
As I understand it, a lot of it is based on past sales performance and customer satisfaction rankings, at least in the US.

As for individual allocations, it really depends on the individual circumstance. I ordered in September and my car just finished production, but that's because I got an allocation from another customer who had backed out at the last minute.

I have a good relationship with my dealer and the dealer reached out and asked if I wanted the slot after the other customer backed out. I had to act fast though, I was contacted on Friday and the order froze on Monday.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not UAE, but placed an order on 8th Aug for a CT4S (UK) and was told I will not get a build allocation until near the end of Q1 2022 for delivery sometime Q2 2022.

JeremyW

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I ordered my Taycan at the end of April with proposed build early August and delivery mid to end August. Porsche Silverstone handled it and have not been at all great at keeping me updated. Nothing comes from them without them being asked a couple of times and they virtually never reply to any calls or emails for a day or two which is frustrating. I was then told build end of August and delivery mid September. Yesterday after 2 days of asking they said it is not going to build now until mid October with delivery end October/early November. I will believe it when I see it. I am 60 and this is my first Porsche having had 12 BMW cars from new previously. The dealership experience has been far worse than any BMW experience so far and I wasn't terribly impressed by BMW until now. Debating my options as I really want the car but I can't wait indefinitely for it and they have already messed up my taxes as my year end is September and this is a company car purchase so affects Corporation tax in a big way. Disappointing doesn't cover it. Not just the delay- the whole dealer experience and battle to get information.
as a follow up I’m still waiting for my August delivery car ordered in April. It has been through build but components missing so I’m told end of November delivery but could be later. As ever no unprompted info from Porsche and I need to chase them every time I need info.

Mats

First Name
Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 4S cab, CT 4S Gentian Blue
Country flag
CT4S MY22

Ordered September 7th
Entered production october 4th
Completed production 8th
Delivery expected last week of october

Not bad so far
Wow, that was really not bad. I ordered my CT4S in end of April with an expected delivery by "autumn"...... According to the sales rep, it has been scheduled for production first week of November for roughly the past six weeks. Last week I was informed, it had slipped by another week - but with no guarantees. In the meantime, it was changed from MY21 to 22 without me intervening. As far as I understand here in Sweden as a customer, we do not have any access to Porsches planning app.

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ordered late March 2021
Freeze in June
July 27th build slot (full deposit paid) ready for the summer and early Aug collection;
First delay: Aug 15th
Second delay: Sept 5th
Third delay: Oct 16th
Forth delay: Nov 26th
.......cause of delay 'additional quality inspections' :lipssealed:

(UK car & Dealer)

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
HI All - new to the forum and just ordered a CT4S - earliest delivery 1 year away (UK)
My expectation too, ordered a 4S in September then managed to upsell myself to a turbo due to that damn configurator and its options so not sure how that might affect me. Guess you ordered from Hatfield too if you are in Snorbans?

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Ordered my 4S CT Monday this week and told build is Nov'22. I've never waiting that long for a car! I only decided to go for it as there is a 100% refund before lock date so I've got almost a year to pull out if something else comes along I like more.

Chubbs85240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Discovery
Country flag
So just got another negative update. Ordered late December, been delayed from April -June-July-August to Mid Sept and now it’s late October.

supposedly it’s built, but waiting on semiconductors.
So…after waiting 46 weeks I now have a chassis number and a registration number and have been told it should be at the dealer within the next 10 days.

All being well I should take ownership of my first Porsche before my year is up ???

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
My wifes RWD is now the third week in production, so at this moment 3 months delay. We should have delivery next saturday but this seems at this point impossible..
Sponsored