Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It’s 3 miles per kw
Hmm - that's quite low.

I get 3.3 and I've seen others (UK) with 3.6 (brilliant)

So even though the stated battery range at standstill suggests an estimated range I always exceed it. I think post uPdate that my battery is still relearning / calibrating and so I expect it to return to where it was and suggest ~ 230 miles (I can only hope for more) as before.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Well I was getting ca 288 mies estimated in Range with AC off and ca 270 or so in Normal with AC eco on (best mileage to date and consistent over 3 spaced charging sessions) - after uPDate I see about a 8-10 mile decrease but the guys at the dealership 1) did some very short 2 mile test runs and 2) fully charged before and after (which I wish they had not) and very possible these actions alone can account for such a small variance. Once I get more regular miles back on the clock I suspect I'll get back to where I was i.e. possibly with little to zero change post uPdate and TBH, not terribly surprised for a 2022 car.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FYI, don't over index on this, there are too many factors that ends up affecting range.

e.g. My 15 mile route to work get 3.4 mi/kWh if the traffic is light and if the traffic is heavier and the average speed is about 55-60 MPH I'll get upwards of 3.7.-3.9. The way back home on the same route ends up getting me 2.6 mi/kWh and in this situation, it literally is the same route since the highway I'm travelling on a bidirectional highway that changes direction of flow depending on time of day. Total elevation change between the two location, about 390ft.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
FYI, don't over index on this, there are too many factors that ends up affecting range.

e.g. My 15 mile route to work get 3.4 mi/kWh if the traffic is light and if the traffic is heavier and the average speed is about 55-60 MPH I'll get upwards of 3.7.-3.9. The way back home on the same route ends up getting me 2.6 mi/kWh and in this situation, it literally is the same route since the highway I'm travelling on a bidirectional highway that changes direction of flow depending on time of day. Total elevation change between the two location, about 390ft.
Yes but we're talking averages over a much longer period and distance.

If you've not reset your Total Trip reading then you'll have a great data point from day 1.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade

Here’s a video where it looks like they got it about as even as they could with 2 Taycans, same model and specs other than different tire brand, and they drove a couple hundred miles and by their comparison, the new software yielded a 3% increase in efficiency. They estimate an increase in range of about 11 miles.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Here’s a video where it looks like they got it about as even as they could with 2 Taycans, same model and specs other than different tire brand, and they drove a couple hundred miles and by their comparison, the new software yielded a 3% increase in efficiency. They estimate an increase in range of about 11 miles.
Don't forget that the 3-4% increase is for a very specific driving condition. In this case, highway driving without a lot of start and stop. Please do not expect or assume that you will get the same 3-4% range increase if you're primarily driving in stop and go traffic. I expect that the total range to actually be the same even after the update if you are primarily driving your Taycan in city traffic.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Don't forget that the 3-4% increase is for a very specific driving condition. In this case, highway driving without a lot of start and stop. Please do not expect or assume that you will get the same 3-4% range increase if you're primarily driving in stop and go traffic. I expect that the total range to actually be the same even after the update if you are primarily driving your Taycan in city traffic.
I only posted for people to see some kind of comparison to have. Whether or not you see the increase on your own vehicles is up to a lot of factors. 3% isn't that much in reality, but on long drives, it can be meaningful.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It probably is out of date but I think it is still the case that is more expensive (in range) to cool than heat the car.

Much more so of course in an IC engine’d car since the heat source is “free” and potentially only limited by heat exchanger size since heat rejection to the coolant is about equal to the power being taken from the crank. (Energy from the fuel ends up ~ ⅓ power, ⅓ out the exhaust and ⅓ into coolant as a rule of thumb)
It will depend on if you have the heat pump installed in the car. In my case no heat pump (think it was an optional extra in France). I can clearly see a difference when the car needs heating instead of cooling. A heat pump is much more efficient compared to a normal heater (resistance??).

The UK spec may have heat pump as standard??

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It will depend on if you have the heat pump installed in the car. In my case no heat pump (think it was an optional extra in France). I can clearly see a difference when the car needs heating instead of cooling. A heat pump is much more efficient compared to a normal heater (resistance??).

The UK spec may have heat pump as standard??
I think I read a while back that it was much more efficient to have the HV heat pump (800v) than to rely on other methods of heating. I think it is an expensive option but definitely standard on UK spec cars.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I had my uPdate done on September 8 but went on vacation shortly thereafter, so I have only done about 500 miles since. Even though the guess-o-meter system may have been reset and the car may still be learning my driving style (which is actually mocked by several forum members :) ), no clear increase in range is apparent yet. Quite the contrary. Both attached pictures have been taken one year apart in similar temperature conditions. Both with a 99-100% SoC and the settings set at maximum range projection by switching the airco off and putting the car in Range mode. The November 6, 2021 pic (pre-uPdate) shows 350 miles at 99% and the September 28, 2022 pic (post-uPdate) shows 341 miles at 100%. The guess-o-meter may still adjust a little upwards in the weeks to come, but I do not expect a relevant uPdate range increase.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Range Test With New Software Update 6nov2021
Porsche Taycan Taycan Range Test With New Software Update 28sep2022

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had my uPdate done on September 8 but went on vacation shortly thereafter, so I have only done about 500 miles since. Even though the guess-o-meter system may have been reset and the car may still be learning my driving style (which is actually mocked by several forum members :) ), no clear increase in range is apparent yet. Quite the contrary. Both attached pictures have been taken one year apart in similar temperature conditions. Both with a 99-100% SoC and the settings set at maximum range projection by switching the airco off and putting the car in Range mode. The November 6, 2021 pic (pre-uPdate) shows 350 miles at 99% and the September 28, 2022 pic (post-uPdate) shows 341 miles at 100%. The guess-o-meter may still adjust a little upwards in the weeks to come, but I do not expect a relevant uPdate range increase.

6nov2021.jpg
28sep2022.jpg
340 - 350 miles!! I'm immigrating to New York!

Bear in mind this is 125 (yes 125) miles more than I can get (PB+ & uPdate applied (lost 30 miles or so of range)).

😢

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

6nov2021.jpg
28sep2022.jpg
Wow, I can not even get that number in kilometers when charging to 100%.

That is a fantastic range one way or other. What is your typical consumption in mi/kWh then?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

Bear in mind this is 125 (yes 125) miles more than I can get (PB+ & uPdate applied (lost 30 miles or so of range)).

😢
Same here.
Before uPdate, I was at 420km, now i’m at 370-375km at 100%SoC.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

😢
It is only downhill here, that helps. So you lost 10-15% range after the uPdate? Is your system still adapting after the reset, you think?
Sponsored