bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Tesla converts are always welcome, but the “look what my Tesla could already almost do 5Y ago” narrative is getting a bit stale. A Tesla is plastic and vegan vinyl “leather” with an ugly IKEA dashboard and AliXpress iPad. It’s not a passionate connoisseur‘s car.
There is no way I am paying $100k-plus for plastic seats (although they are good for the kid's wet bathing suit).
Sponsored

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I read in various groups and forums that a facelift will be coming on the model 2024 with orders possible from summer 2023.
My local Porsche dealer checked with the head office and it seems that this facelift will only come in the summer 2024 for delivery in 2025. It's a disappointment for me because the actual Taycan doesn't make me happy if I compare it to my S from 2017 for autonomy and ADAS!. Who has more information about this facelift from reliable sources?
Obvisouly only Porsche themselves know for sure, but I suspect that info is wrong. The facelift cars have been in testing on the road for 6 months, so the 2025 to customers timeline just makes no sense. More importantly, the Macan is due this year and the Taycan needs updates to not look out of place in the product lineup as it will be upstaged by the Macan if nothing is done to the Taycan.

If they push it out to 2025 I think they can expect to see demand dwindle a bit for the Taycan.

I have my name down for the Macan electric or a Taycan GTS facelift....it will be interesting to see the timelines and what actually materialises.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Obvisouly only Porsche themselves know for sure, but I suspect that info is wrong. The facelift cars have been in testing on the road for 6 months, so the 2025 to customers timeline just makes no sense. More importantly, the Macan is due this year and the Taycan needs updates to not look out of place in the product lineup as it will be upstaged by the Macan if nothing is done to the Taycan.

If they push it out to 2025 I think they can expect to see demand dwindle a bit for the Taycan.

I have my name down for the Macan electric or a Taycan GTS facelift....it will be interesting to see the timelines and what actually materialises.
Well, 992.2 in testing on the road for more than a year but still not unveiled.
Additionally 992.1 was introduced almost a year earlier than Taycan.

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
I don't see Porsche making any changes to the PCM or driving aids and so on. It will still be based on the MIB 3 plattform and that has its limitations even if Porsche has done some modifications to it to support OTA and so on. I don't see them brining the software from the Macan over to the Taycan since it would require more under the hood modifications.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I read in various groups and forums that a facelift will be coming on the model 2024 with orders possible from summer 2023.

My local Porsche dealer checked with the head office and it seems that this facelift will only come in the summer 2024 for delivery in 2025. It's a disappointment for me because the actual Taycan doesn't make me happy if I compare it to my S from 2017 for autonomy and ADAS!. Who has more information about this facelift from reliable sources?
Im coming from Tesla and i am well aware that i am giving up a very established autopilot system. But the point of a porsche is a luxury car that is fun to drive. If you want a car that drives itself, then Tesla is the option. If you want a car that you want full control over and have fun with, Porsche is the way to go. These are two completely different vehicles aimed for different audiences. I want a car that fast charges to 270kw and holds that speed for more than 2 minutes, and can charge 100kw+ up to 80%. I want a car that doesn't have half inch panel gaps we forgive and excuse because it can play fart noises or watch netflix on its ipad screen.

As for upgrades to the battery, the range is fine. How often are you driving more than 250 miles a day? Don't trust the EPA range estimates, people beat them all the time. This isn't like a Tesla where it advertises 303 miles EPA range and you only get 220 miles. If the porsche says you can drive 250 miles on the dash, chances are you are driving 250 miles.

I need to have the car taking a little bit control, so I can answer my mails or when I have a drive of 10h , to do it .
fairly certain that's illegal in most places lol

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I need to have the car taking a little bit control, so I can answer my mails
Please don’t answer your emails while you’re supposed to be driving (even with the Tesla driving for you). Literally zero of the people around you want you doing that.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a 911 before . I know how it feels. Unfortunately driving the Taycan as it is today didn't bring me what I was expecting from it. I'm waiting for luxury, fun and when I need to have the car taking a little bit control, so I can answer my mails or when I have a drive of 10h , to do it . Speed less than my S , a little more luxurious for sure but not has you might expect from these pricepoint. Audi Gt is then better.
Lol. Dumbest post I’ve read so far on TF. And that’s saying something.

Of course, you’re likely just trolling.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
You don’t want to switch from 5y old S to current Taycan? Why are you even looking?
it’s a totally different vehicle and Porsche doesn’t charge for OTA vaporware.
you buy a Porsche for emotion, not for vaporware autonomous driving options.
Lol, when comparing Model S to a Taycan you choose OTA to showcase the differences? OTA is something all Teslas do so much better than a Taycan it's not even funny (e.g. major update, Taycan - 3-10 days in a shop, Tesla - 55minutes in your garage). Vaporware is only an issue if you pay for it. It's something you learn quickly as a Tesla customer to not do. Sure, it would be more honest to never mention future features, like the Taycan (well, almost, they did advertise plug-and-charge ahead of time but took a long time to deliver it), but as I said, just don't buy any vaporware until and if it becomes available.

So many other things you could have chosen to compare Tesla to Porsche, like handling, brakes, phone integration, features like HUD, rear-wheel steering, etc, etc. but you pick on one thing which Tesla has no competition in - OTA. :facepalm:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Please don’t answer your emails while you’re supposed to be driving (even with the Tesla driving for you). Literally zero of the people around you want you doing that.
Mercedes was recently approved for Level 3 autonomy in the USA and some places in Europe, meaning yes, there are situations where you can answer emails while behind the wheel. @wafergold , perhaps check out the EQS - it feels like a luxury Model S with more available technology options but a little less acceleration (if that is an issue, go for AMG EQS version, it's no Plaid, but will keep up with the older Model S).

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
Tesla converts are always welcome, but the “look what my Tesla could already almost do 5Y ago” narrative is getting a bit stale. A Tesla is plastic and vegan vinyl “leather” with an ugly IKEA dashboard and AliXpress iPad. It’s not a passionate connoisseur‘s car.
Taycan also not sorry .
Lol. Dumbest post I’ve read so far on TF. And that’s saying something.

Of course, you’re likely just trolling.
I was not. But I see that you know so much better.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
I do for 5 years and nothing happened. Mercedes eqs allow you to do it now wo touching your wheel like you need to do Tesla or other brands. Don't worry I don't do it blindly.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
Im coming from Tesla and i am well aware that i am giving up a very established autopilot system. But the point of a porsche is a luxury car that is fun to drive. If you want a car that drives itself, then Tesla is the option. If you want a car that you want full control over and have fun with, Porsche is the way to go. These are two completely different vehicles aimed for different audiences. I want a car that fast charges to 270kw and holds that speed for more than 2 minutes, and can charge 100kw+ up to 80%. I want a car that doesn't have half inch panel gaps we forgive and excuse because it can play fart noises or watch netflix on its ipad screen.

As for upgrades to the battery, the range is fine. How often are you driving more than 250 miles a day? Don't trust the EPA range estimates, people beat them all the time. This isn't like a Tesla where it advertises 303 miles EPA range and you only get 220 miles. If the porsche says you can drive 250 miles on the dash, chances are you are driving 250 miles.

fairly certain that's illegal in most places lol
Thanks for your reply that is not blinded Porsche fanatic.
You mention points that I was looking for 800v charge , more luxurious and going back to Porsche after 12 years . Like you all the Netflix app thinks I don't care. But when I tested the Taycan the range seemed very poor when you push on the throttle. And yes I do regularly long travel . With the 800v same with less battery capacity I check on ABRP and the Taycan should do less than my old S because of the fast charge. So with a same capacity battery we could be very close to a ICE car for the long distance I do. I will test the Audi GT because it's the same car with another dress and it's 25k EUR cheaper.when you put the options. I will check the i4 M50 . Then why not going back to Porsche when the new Taycan come on the market. Might be a more great car.

OP
OP

wafergold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla s
Country flag
I don't see Porsche making any changes to the PCM or driving aids and so on. It will still be based on the MIB 3 plattform and that has its limitations even if Porsche has done some modifications to it to support OTA and so on. I don't see them brining the software from the Macan over to the Taycan since it would require more under the hood modifications.
They have far more better announced for the Macan EV. I was but hoping it came to the Taycan facelift.
Sponsored