New order build turbo

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7DF494

My spec for turbo build for February 2021 est delivery. Please feel free to comment if you like. I was debating on ceramics but decided the standard brakes are plenty for my needs. Plus I like the white calipers on the std option with my build. I can’t wait to get this car. It’s mind bending how fast it accelerates...
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

My spec for turbo build for February 2021 est delivery. Please feel free to comment if you like. I was debating on ceramics but decided the standard brakes are plenty for my needs. Plus I like the white calipers on the std option with my build. I can’t wait to get this car. It’s mind bending how fast it accelerates...
If you are intending to have the fastest charge rate with the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect do NOT spec the NEMA 14-30 cable. Leave the choice unchecked and by default you will get the NEMA 14-50 cable which works with a 50 amp breaker. The 14-30 can only draw from a 30 amp breaker so the charge time is much longer. I made the same mistake when I spec’d my car and had to buy the 14-50 cable post delivery.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Leave the 25 foot charging cable checked which will work with any of the supply cables.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag

Nice spec :)
I would suggest to add these two options:

Door-Sill Guards in Black Brushed Aluminum
- It’s a free option and complete the black/red interior

SportDesign side skirts
-Gives the car a more aggressive/sporty look

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
ditch the passenger display it’s nearly useless - it _IS_ useless if you plan to use CarPlay.

I’m not personally a fan of the blue headlights- have them on my Turbo - wouldn’t do it again - but that’s a personal style choice

red-seat belts might be nice with your red interior

black wheels - nice choice
black chrome around windows - nice choice
might want to consider the black brake calipers to keep with the “black” theme

I love my door puddle ligths - they are fun

and as others have mentioned other bits of black on the exterior where porsche allows it could be fun…build to personal taste.

great build you’re going to love the car....

ditch the 14-30 supply cable, unit comes with 14-50 (50 amp) for charging which is faster than the 30 amp cable you have specified

keep the 25 ft cable for $0 as mentioned.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag

Congrats, I did sport design package on mine, pic below. And wow have I gotten compliments on it from other Porsche dealers based on ones they’d sold. Love the all black skirts, etc. completely my opinion but the dashes of white take away from how sleek the all black bottoms makes the car. Again just my thoughts but crazy how many times I come out of store and people are taking pics. Very excited for all those waiting for theirs
My biggest waste of a grand was the passenger screen...haha but oh well !

Porsche Taycan New order build turbo 2FAAAC4A-1BDC-4853-816F-59DCDC0F7C0F

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ditch the passenger display it’s nearly useless - it _IS_ useless if you plan to use CarPlay.

I’m not personally a fan of the blue headlights- have them on my Turbo - wouldn’t do it again - but that’s a personal style choice

red-seat belts might be nice with your red interior

black wheels - nice choice
black chrome around windows - nice choice
might want to consider the black brake calipers to keep with the “black” theme

I love my door puddle ligths - they are fun

and as others have mentioned other bits of black on the exterior where porsche allows it could be fun…build to personal taste.

great build you’re going to love the car....

ditch the 14-30 supply cable, unit comes with 14-50 (50 amp) for charging which is faster than the 30 amp cable you have specified

keep the 25 ft cable for $0 as mentioned.
Thank u for the well thought out reply highlights, this community is unbelievable and I have lurked for months on here before I signed up,

About the glacier blue headlights, what do u not like about them? Is the color bad? Doesn’t look good? Can u be a bit more specific?

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats, I did sport design package on mine, pic below. And wow have I gotten compliments on it from other Porsche dealers based on ones they’d sold. Love the all black skirts, etc. completely my opinion but the dashes of white take away from how sleek the all black bottoms makes the car. Again just my thoughts but crazy how many times I come out of store and people are taking pics. Very excited for all those waiting for theirs
My biggest waste of a grand was the passenger screen...haha but oh well !

2FAAAC4A-1BDC-4853-816F-59DCDC0F7C0F.jpeg
I was thinking about the sport design package, I’m still on the fence about it. Your spec is beautiful! I thought the additional screen would be beneficial for the passenger. I also read potential updates would give the screen more functionality, Netflix, etc. I appreciate your reply. This is my first Porsche and the options on spec are endless.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the blue tint is not compatible IMHO with my dark blue - it’s a different tone and not a complementary tone - and that particular blue tint occurs no where else in Porsche’s design language on ANY other aspect on the vehicle - so you have these color schemes going on - your interior, the chrome or non-chrome, color of the wheels and brake calipers - and boom you have this splash of weak-aqua-blue-tint out of no where - and it’s just inconsistent with the other “contrasting” colors on the body work…

if i had it to do over again I’d go without the blue tint and have the contrast between dark/light (dark paint , light headlights) with out the splash of off-tone blue in the headlights.

Porsche Taycan New order build turbo 445F1BE1-CE86-4644-B1A5-99035E25A12D

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was thinking about the sport design package, I’m still on the fence about it. Your spec is beautiful! I thought the additional screen would be beneficial for the passenger. I also read potential updates would give the screen more functionality, Netflix, etc. I appreciate your reply. This is my first Porsche and the options on spec are endless.
If you don't want to go with the full sport design package, I highly recommend just doing the SportDesign Side Skirts for $1,030. I did it on my Turbo and it adds some additional lines and styling without a big cost.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is a link to an entire thread on the Passenger Display. Most who responded on the thread love it. I have it on my Taycan too. When my wife rides with me, so really enjoys it so it was worth it to me. I noticed that you spec'd the massage seats. I wasn't expecting much, but the massage seats are one of my favorite options.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/passenger-display.2213/

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is a link to an entire thread on the Passenger Display. Most who responded on the thread love it. I have it on my Taycan too. When my wife rides with me, so really enjoys it so it was worth it to me. I noticed that you spec'd the massage seats. I wasn't expecting much, but the massage seats are one of my favorite options.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/passenger-display.2213/
What is the opinions of you guys with your steering wheel option? Leather or Racetex? Im gonna add the chalk seat belts, adds a little touch to the interior. I also added interior accents in Dark Silver. Its my understanding that the turbo comes with the lower body kit, are you saying the sport design side skirts are even more aggressive?
Sponsored