Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
10 pot on 4s pre update ( or down date in this case!)

6-B5-A7-BEB-5-E1-A-4-C1-F-8-EB8-41-E2-AAA8-CF24.jpg
This image really emphasises the difference! The 10 pots fill two sections of the spoke area whereas the 4 pots barely fill one and a half!
Do you know if the PCCB’s still retain the 10 pots for 2021 MY ? I think they have also reduced for same reasons I stated earlier but if not I may have to upgrade from PSCB’s!
One things for sure, the 2021 MY configurator hasn’t been updated to show the reduced caliper size! Grrr

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
This image really emphasises the difference! The 10 pots fill two sections of the spoke area whereas the 4 pots barely fill one and a half!
Do you know if the PCCB’s still retain the 10 pots for 2021 MY ? I think they have also reduced for same reasons I stated earlier but if not I may have to upgrade from PSCB’s!
One things for sure, the 2021 MY configurator hasn’t been updated to show the reduced caliper size! Grrr
I try not to look at PCCBs as I’d desperately love them but can’t justify the cost. In forum spirit just checked configurator and the little i for info says they are still 10 pot, 420mm front discs 410mm rear discs. Look amazing!

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
I try not to look at PCCBs as I’d desperately love them but can’t justify the cost. In forum spirit just checked configurator and the little i for info says they are still 10 pot, 420mm front discs 410mm rear discs. Look amazing!
If that’s true then I fear I may be forced to dig deeper and upgrade to PCCB’s. I was so happy with the PSCB’ but now will always be feeling cheated when I see an earlier production car!

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
My 2020 4S left the factory a few weeks ago and is still sitting in Bremerhaven...Is Porsche building 2021 in parallel?

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 2020 4S left the factory a few weeks ago and is still sitting in Bremerhaven...Is Porsche building 2021 in parallel?
I honestly don’t know the answer to that but been on to my Porsche dealer today and they have confirmed the change in calliper size for PSCB for all 2021 MY cars!
Unfortunately, it has forced me to add PCCB’s to my order!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I honestly don’t know the answer to that but been on to my Porsche dealer today and they have confirmed the change in calliper size for PSCB for all 2021 MY cars!
Have you even seen more than the one photo of the MY 2021 PSCB? The disc is give and take the same size (410 mm compared to 415 mm) so it is only the brake caliper that are a bit smaller. I found this picture of a black version of the PSCB on a MY 2020 Turbo. From this angle it also looks smaller than other pictures. My point is, that it will be nice to see some more pictures of the MY 2021 PSCB.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan in Chalk color - first pictures PNG-billede

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Awesome choice. Would love them, but can’t justify them on a company car I give back after four years and get absolutely zero back!

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Have you even seen more than the one photo of the MY 2021 PSCB? The disc is give and take the same size (410 mm compared to 415 mm) so it is only the brake caliper that are a bit smaller. I found this picture of a black version of the PSCB on a MY 2020 Turbo. From this angle it also looks smaller than other pictures. My point is, that it will be nice to see some more pictures of the MY 2021 PSCB.

PNG-billede.png
Agree it will be nice to see some but think you’re clutching at straws hoping tbh. First pic shows they are considerably smaller!

Pic is 10 pots but only look a bit smaller as black and blend with black wheel. They still look massive to me and would be more than happy with those on my car!

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

PNG-billede.png
I don’t need to see many pictures to understand that a 6 pot calliper is considerably smaller than a 10 pot. The new calliper is closer in size to the current 4 pot rears and they are absolutely tiny by comparison. If you are happy with them that’s fine but for me with the Mission e wheels, I am happy to upgrade to PCCB’s. It’s an expensive change I agree but each to their own!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t need to see many pictures to understand that a 6 pot calliper is considerably smaller than a 10 pot. The new calliper is closer in size to the current 4 pot rears and they are absolutely tiny by comparison. If you are happy with them that’s fine but for me with the Mission e wheels, I am happy to upgrade to PCCB’s. It’s an expensive change I agree but each to their own!
Agree. The PCCB looks awesome, especially in yellow. If I had a higher budget, I too would have made the upgrade. I will have to settle with the white PSCB and just hope that they still look good despite of the smaller calipers.

Last edited:

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
yes, thank you for pointing it out
i’m actually one of the few that will be ok with the extra beef for the display feature
it will be well worth it

Did anyone else spot the head up display/dashboard??

Slatibartfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3
Country flag
yes, thank you for pointing it out
i’m actually one of the few that will be ok with the extra beef for the display feature
it will be well worth it
I’m with you on that- I don’t mind the dash mod and think the HUD will be worth the extra money. It’s one option I’d tick every time it’s available

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag

PNG-billede.png
This is the 10-pot caliper. The six-pot is much smaller.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan in Chalk color - first pictures 1602546454270

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan in Chalk color - first pictures 1602546407406

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the 10-pot caliper. The six-pot is much smaller.

1602546454270.png

1602546407406.png
Yes I’m aware of that. 10 pistons to 6 pistons. But at least the disc remains almost the same size, going from 415 mm to 410 mm.
My comment was whether anyone have seen other real life pictures of the MY2021 PSCB?
Maybe the big disc helps so the brakes still looks better than the standard red brakes, with smaller disc.