MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
They came to conclusion that the battery was toast themselves, though I'd pretty well proven it beforehand.

Currently they've had the car 55 days and counting.
.? hopefully you got a nice courtesy car...
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
This was my short trip earlier, still showing better efficiency than @legataycan

PXL_20210202_100008575.jpg
How do you get such high consumption? Battery heating, launch control, mountains?

Flat roads, 20°C, no AC, relaxed driving, I get under 27 kWh/100mi (16.7 kWh/100km) and a total range of 316mi (510km)

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
How do you get such high consumption? Battery heating, launch control, mountains?

Flat roads, 20°C, no AC, relaxed driving, I get under 27 kWh/100mi (16.7 kWh/100km) and a total range of 316mi (510km)
Nothing around here is flat, 4°C ambient temperature, AC, heating and heated seats on. I imagine short journeys without preconditioning don't help - I didn't think it was too bad all things considered.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Nothing around here is flat, 4°C ambient temperature, AC, heating and heated seats on. I imagine short journeys without preconditioning don't help - I didn't think it was too bad all things considered.
You are right! Consumption needs trial and error to figure out, how to be efficient and what really drains the battery.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I think I broke the record this week. I wouldn't ever consider changing my car as its brilliant but if I'd have known about this range before I bought it I wouldn't have had it.
Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range 20210209_184741

Hi all. Finally took delivery of my 4s and absolutely love it. However, something I noticed when I charged it for the first time at a rapid charger is that when it got to 100% the range showed 175 miles. Is that right? Also noticed the word 'overview' in the Charge menu in the PCM was in German!! I went out of the menu and then back in and it went back to English :CWL: I didn't opt for the performance battery pack so its the standard 79kwh. To be honest I thought a full charge would show a range of 250 (which I know you wouldn't get in reality).

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let us know how you get on. Have you noticed all the low range problems seem to be on UK cars?
They must have a bettery tester?

So how difficult was it that they changed the battery and how long did it take?
I am looking to do the appointment now as 100% and only 150 miles is not good enough.

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
I think I broke the record this week. I wouldn't ever consider changing my car as its brilliant but if I'd have known about this range before I bought it I wouldn't have had it.
20210209_184741.jpg
This is mine and I have the performance battery?

Porsche Taycan 100% charge showing 175 mile range D78C79F7-09DC-4AB1-8A67-380CC1B72980

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I do daily sub 30 miles trips to work. I normally avg 45kWh/100miles. This evening I decided to follow the traffic (instead of overtaking).

4S on 21’s. Battery temp 20 Celsius. (charged at work).
C720A087-3A6B-4614-A7BC-3DBC682F1615.jpeg
From 45 to 36 kWh/100mi, driving style makes such a difference due to the weight of the car.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yep, the truth and reality is evident. Great car with POOR range....at best
while I do not doubt this claim everything I've seen, real world test drives on youtube points to the car having far greater range

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Biggest issue for me is the 6 mile trip to work. The battery is always cold. 3 or 4 degrees usually. I haven't tried this yet, but to condition the battery you have to navigate to a charger more than x miles away. Has anyone tried doing the while the car is plugged in so that it heats up while plugged in ? Or is there another way to it?
I've given up trying to extend the range now, I just put in sport plus and drive how I'd expect a Porsche to be driven - with no regard to fuel :). Even with poor range its still bloody cheap to refuel!

From 45 to 36 kWh/100mi, driving style makes such a difference due to the weight of the car.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Biggest issue for me is the 6 mile trip to work. The battery is always cold. 3 or 4 degrees usually. I haven't tried this yet, but to condition the battery you have to navigate to a charger more than x miles away. Has anyone tried doing the while the car is plugged in so that it heats up while plugged in ? Or is there another way to it?
I've given up trying to extend the range now, I just put in sport plus and drive how I'd expect a Porsche to be driven - with no regard to fuel :). Even with poor range its still bloody cheap to refuel!
i tried it while plugged-in (i.e. set the Nav to an Inonity charger on the Porsche charging menu), and didn't do anything. The only way to condition the battery is to use a timer (apparently - I am still not brave enough to try the timers), or to actually be charging the car (if it is really cold, some posters have shown that power from the mains is initially used to heat-up the battery, before charging). That said, unless something goes very wrong with your battery, you should have just about enough juice for a 12 mile round trip :)
Sponsored