GtechRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Nice little bonus. Applied x2 days ago and it's just come through - £10 for the year.
Sponsored

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
They already know it's an EV because that would be in the data that comes from the emissions zone which I understand uses the same cameras, but they make you jump through hoops to register. I suspect the real revenue stream comes from fining people that haven't registered.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Remember this won’t be forever think it’s xmas 2025 ?

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Perhaps a silly question but…… do foreigners also need to apply for this london congestion charge when visiting your beautiful country?

OP
OP
GtechRob

GtechRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Perhaps a silly question but…… do foreigners also need to apply for this london congestion charge when visiting your beautiful country?

you pay using this link https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/paying-the-congestion-charge

pre Brexit a pal of mine's parents visited from Germany in a German registered car. Were unaware of the charge the had an enormous (think it was >€1,000) fine that was handed over to a local debt collector. Truly disproportionate and vile.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Bigger bonus in Westminister you only need to pay for 10 mins to park for the maximum time allowed which in some cases saves you £20. Shouldn't really spread this as not everybody knows this.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have only driven into London once in the last 10 years or so. We are taking our granddaughter to the theatre for her birthday tomorrow so I applied and found the GLC web site a bit crap but paid my £10 (I think) and registered one car - Taycan not here yet - so I can pay.
I use the train when I am on my own but just don’t have any inclination to go much any more.

I lived in London from 1968 to 1972 and used to go several times a year and before the M25 was built the fastest way from Oxfordshire to Brands Hatch, where we tested often, was M4 A4 into London, along embankment, over Vauxhall bridge then A20.
Haven’t done that since the early 80s :)

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Bigger bonus in Westminister you only need to pay for 10 mins to park for the maximum time allowed which in some cases saves you £20. Shouldn't really spread this as not everybody knows this.
Care to elaborate? I don't understand your post.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Aboslutely. TFL will pass on your fine to a debt collector who have more expertise in chasing debts on the continent. Same applies for the Dartford Crossing charge, and no doubt many more situations.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have only driven into London once in the last 10 years or so. We are taking our granddaughter to the theatre for her birthday tomorrow so I applied and found the GLC web site a bit crap but paid my £10 (I think) and registered one car - Taycan not here yet - so I can pay.
I use the train when I am on my own but just don’t have any inclination to go much any more.

I lived in London from 1968 to 1972 and used to go several times a year and before the M25 was built the fastest way from Oxfordshire to Brands Hatch, where we tested often, was M4 A4 into London, along embankment, over Vauxhall bridge then A20.
Haven’t done that since the early 80s :)
Good to reminisce - your journey reads like its own little GP!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
There’s other London borough EV parking incentives which are even more generous than Westminster’s.
Sponsored