K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Neither me or biz partner had a letter yet. MY20/August build.
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My MY21 just got the update two weeks ago. My car had been taken in to resolve the 12V issue and they released the update a couple days early to address that problem. My car was the first in AZ to get the the update and they mentioned at the time that they were releasing the MY21 update before the MY20 because the MY20 was much more extensive.
Can you share a screenshot of your PCM version?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was looking for info about these WMA# and stumbled across this way to check the software and update the charger. Many may have seen this before. First time I have seen this.
https://contact.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/software-update/
First image and link above allow you to enter the serial number of your charger. Second images confirms updated or not. Bottom of second page image (not shown in image) gives you 5 steps to follow in case you need to update.

Now need to find a similar Porsche page that lets us check for PCM updates. Still looking.

151DE2DD-E051-4D8F-BD6C-E375DCA9ED2B.png

9AA83787-A9EA-4B41-B072-36F2006C2576.png
You can do this directly from the charger when connected to your WiFi. There is an option to auto update and if checked it will do the necessary. This explains why many people already have the latest software update on their PMCC.

Can also be managed via the PMC Connect Web interface (userid / passwords in the envelope shipped with the PMCC).

PMCC version 2925 is the latest as I understand it.

Apologies if you already are aware of this.

As an aside there was mention of firmware updates needed hence the request to bring PMCC to dealer when getting WMA6 (or 5) applied. Some folk were told to perform the update at home. Not sure this is required in all cases.

Mine's booked for 18th March so we'll see what work was performed.

karllord

First Name
karl lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus .997 Turbo Gen2 6sp. Cayenne S
Country flag
Yes i have a letter . Im booked in for the 1st April for a full day . The car is fine but its worth getting the latest fixes .

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Got the same last week. Mine has slightly been playing up. For example, keeping getting a message saying the right side charging point is impaired. Sometimes get a message saying the e-sound is not working. And the interesting one was a day before Xmas eve I launch controlled it and as I took my foot of the accelerator as the 2nd gear kicked it went to pots and a number of messages came up saying all wheel drive malfunction and the car went down to 20mph and wouldn't go above (like limp mode). Any how after switching it off and then back on it was fine and hasn't done it again (even though I've not tried taking my foot off as 2nd gear kicks in). All fun

mamba

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m speechless. Even Microsoft can manage software updates without poor MS users having to take their computers to Currys :). Luckily we have bought budget cars. Would be harder to accept such poor software on an expensive car....

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
Anyone get a letter stating that the car needs to go into the dealer to get a software update which will take 4 hours?
Yeah I got mine today as well.

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just dropped mine off to be done. Please remember to take both keys, tracker fobs and charging unit. They need it all.
Is taking both keys and both tracker fobs really necessary? Has anyone else been required to do this? I’ve dropped my off today for the update and they only required one tracker fob and one key.

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
Is taking both keys and both tracker fobs really necessary? Has anyone else been required to do this? I’ve dropped my off today for the update and they only required one tracker fob and one key.
I am booked in on 22nd at Preston, the dealer said I need to bring both keys and fobs as well as the PMCC, I got the impression its a significant update, although he couldn’t provide any details.

Turbo-fan

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S delivered November 2020, had lots of problems, dealer service and information level quite poor for a premium car. Last shop visit lasted 3 days with no courtesy car on offer. Was told the software update will solve all problems (!). After asking the dealer again about the software by e mail I was told to book the car in from 10 March, but courtesy car not available until 23 March. I don’t enjoy driving the car with the current software and problems, so I booked in 10 March. Was told they need the car all day. Also told me there is no solution to the spoiler sticking up problem, so it looks like the car has to go in again. I haven’t got a letter, so have not been told to bring charger and keys. Communications from the dealer is lacking..... By the way, my brake pedal is also clucking.

Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone with a MY2020 received a letter? I wonder whether they're holding off on MY2020 as haven't received one yet. As per other threads, seems that the MY2020 up-date will be much longer than 4 hours...
My dealer recently told me the update for my MY2020 will take 9 hours.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a 4S delivered November 2020, had lots of problems, dealer service and information level quite poor for a premium car. Last shop visit lasted 3 days with no courtesy car on offer. Was told the software update will solve all problems (!). After asking the dealer again about the software by e mail I was told to book the car in from 10 March, but courtesy car not available until 23 March. I don’t enjoy driving the car with the current software and problems, so I booked in 10 March. Was told they need the car all day. Also told me there is no solution to the spoiler sticking up problem, so it looks like the car has to go in again. I haven’t got a letter, so have not been told to bring charger and keys. Communications from the dealer is lacking..... By the way, my brake pedal is also clucking.
Not good.

The letter comes from Porsche UK and not the dealer.

There is a fix for the spoiler but your dealer may not yet be informed.

If not done so already write to Porsche UK and make a constructive complaint.

Loaners are an issue in general and never enough to go around but they should offer a pickup, drop off or taxi.

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just delivered my 2021 4s for the update. Got the letter last week. Got a rwd base as loaner (slower than i belived it would be). Dealer said it would be ready before end of day

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The dealer asked me to - and its no hardship so I did!
Sponsored