Dealer Software Update

majugo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo., McLaren 675lt, Lotus elise race car, Honda Cfv, Mercedes slk 300, Peugeot 107; Fiat Panda
Country flag
My Taycan is currently 90 miles away having the upgrade done. I am told that it will FIX the 12v battery discharge issue. When I collect it again on Wednesday, I will get a full briefing and pass on details. The car has been away for 11 days already for a number of checks. Cannot wait to get it back, the Panamera S hybrid they lent me is RUBBISH compared to the Taycan!
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My Taycan is currently 90 miles away having the upgrade done. I am told that it will FIX the 12v battery discharge issue. When I collect it again on Wednesday, I will get a full briefing and pass on details. The car has been away for 11 days already for a number of checks. Cannot wait to get it back, the Panamera S hybrid they lent me is RUBBISH compared to the Taycan!
A Panamera should never be "RUBBISH", how come?

Looking forward to your update report. Eager to get info, so I can push my dealer to get it...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The Panamera hybrid isn't that bad, c'mon.
Try a Macan S, that's some real rubbish compared to a Taycan!
I've had some nice loaners so I know what I'm taking about! :)

RSX52

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo and Paul Stephens Autoart 911
Country flag
I received a letter last week and haven't even taken delivery of the car yet !
At least the dealer is going to apply the upgrade before delivery so I'll never know what might have been.....

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I am told that it will FIX the 12v battery discharge issue
I have no doubt Porsche has fixed some/many/one/two/more 12V drain situations - but given that it was never a 100% reproducible problem to begin with I’m dubious that Porsche or anybody can make the claim the problem has been eradicated - I will however spot them an assertion that it will happen less and maybe any remaining cases of 12V drain issues are so infrequent/rare that it is no longer a significant factor in the vehicle fleet…

but one can never claim a non-reproducible problem has been entirely “fixed”…

I’ll look forward to fleet results and reports as we all gain experience with this new software base - I’m looking forward to my update.

I’m still looking forward to a complete list of features for MY’2020 vehicles and when the update will be available for my Taycan at my local service dealer.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I received a letter last week and haven't even taken delivery of the car yet !
At least the dealer is going to apply the upgrade before delivery so I'll never know what might have been.....
Also anticipating delivery of my Turbo soon, so I'll keep an eye peeled for that letter.

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just delivered my 2021 4s for the update. Got the letter last week. Got a rwd base as loaner (slower than i belived it would be). Dealer said it would be ready before end of day
Just picked up the car. Techs feedback was that its mainly improvement on startup procedures on different modules (a lot of them). I found no extra functionality. Took a about 5 hours he said. 2021.
Servers had been down from the morning. And since i have OTA lane keeping and inno drive, he had to wait until «that could be added» to the update.

Also changed my mind about the loaner. Actually really liked the real wheel drive model. I like the rwd dynamic. Fun to exit out of corners, without breaking the speedlimit as my 4s does.
Perhaps Taycan S (sports turismo) is a sweetspot!

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just picked up the car. Techs feedback was that its mainly improvement on startup procedures on different modules (a lot of them). I found no extra functionality. Took a about 5 hours he said. 2021.
Servers had been down from the morning. And since i have OTA lane keeping and inno drive, he had to wait until «that could be added» to the update.

Also changed my mind about the loaner. Actually really liked the real wheel drive model. I like the rwd dynamic. Fun to exit out of corners, without breaking the speedlimit as my 4s does.
Perhaps Taycan S (sports turismo) is a sweetspot!
They talked about so many things incl. video streaming and theres nothing you can see new? I had so much hope :(

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Just picked up the car. Techs feedback was that its mainly improvement on startup procedures on different modules (a lot of them). I found no extra functionality.
Could you post a pic of the version numbers, if possible, please?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
You can’t see any version number that matters without special tools. You can only get the PCM version.
Sure. Mine is from Jan 2020, what is the latest after the update?

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone get a letter stating that the car needs to go into the dealer to get a software update which will take 4 hours?
Having received a letter last week and experienced some ‘connectivity’ issues since taking delivery of my MY2021 4S in Jan, mine has been at the dealership since Monday having been promptly booked in as a priority.

In fairness to the dealership (Porsche Preston), and to give credit where it’s due rather than just calling out negative experiences, I’ve felt very appreciated as a customer and thoroughly looked after by them. I’ve been given a brand new Panamera 4S straight after PDI as a loaner and told to ‘enjoy it’ by the Business Manager. Not only that, but I’ve had gifts and my vehicle handbook personally delivered to my home by staff in recent weeks. As they say, customer service isn’t about a fault-free motoring experience, it’s about how you address the issues when they arise.

As great as the loaned Panamera is, it’s re-enforced my decision to buy a Taycan. The Panamera is no slouch, but the Taycan feels like a missile in comparison and very much more ‘next gen’. My advice to anyone reading this would be, if you love to experience the technology envelope and current know-how pushed to it’s limits and to enjoy the benefits of that, while accepting the pit-falls that come with being a ‘technology first-adopter’, sign on the line for a Taycan. It‘s likely going to come with more gremlins than a 911 and it’s well-honed tech and require some patience. However, you really do appreciate the technology leap-forward that the Taycan represents once you step into a Porsche ICE car, even one as good as the Panamera. Even if more gremlins await in time, I can’t wait to get my Taycan back.

Anyway, big call out to Porsche Preston for outstanding customer service! ?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Having received a letter last week and experienced some ‘connectivity’ issues since taking delivery of my MY2021 4S in Jan, mine has been at the dealership since Monday having been promptly booked in as a priority.

In fairness to the dealership (Porsche Preston), and to give credit where it’s due rather than just calling out negative experiences, I’ve felt very appreciated as a customer and thoroughly looked after by them. I’ve been given a brand new Panamera 4S straight after PDI as a loaner and told to ‘enjoy it’ by the Business Manager. Not only that, but I’ve had gifts and my vehicle handbook personally delivered to my home by staff in recent weeks. As they say, customer service isn’t about a fault-free motoring experience, it’s about how you address the issues when they arise.

As great as the loaned Panamera is, it’s re-enforced my decision to buy a Taycan. The Panamera is no slouch, but the Taycan feels like a missile in comparison and very much more ‘next gen’. My advice to anyone reading this would be, if you love to experience the technology envelope and current know-how pushed to it’s limits and to enjoy the benefits of that, while accepting the pit-falls that come with being a ‘technology first-adopter’, sign on the line for a Taycan. It‘s likely going to come with more gremlins than a 911 and it’s well-honed tech and require some patience. However, you really do appreciate the technology leap-forward that the Taycan represents once you step into a Porsche ICE car, even one as good as the Panamera. Even if more gremlins await in time, I can’t wait to get my Taycan back.

Anyway, big call out to Porsche Preston for outstanding customer service! ?
So it's been a couple days. Do you know when you'll be able to pick it up? The forum really needs a detailed look and feedback of the new update (at least I do ? ).
Sponsored