Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
My car has now been at dealer for 2 weeks for the software update. They say update was successfull but no way at all to log back into the car. They say the car drives just fine, it just won't take a Porsche login anymore. Is this what is called "bricked" here on the forum?

The Macan loaner is nice and was enjoyable in the beginning "for a change", but now it's starting to annoy. I want my sports car back! ? ?

Edit: being without the car for 2 weeks has just made me realize even more how much I love the car and love every minute driving it.
The three components that tend to get fried during the WMA5/6 update are the PCM, the speed chrono clock, and the OTA (over-the-air) module. If the OTA module would be damaged in your case, the car is still perfectly drivable - not bricked - but will not allow you to log in under your personal coordinates. So, you may want to ask your dealer whether the OTA module is still OK. Doe ondertussen maar een terraske...
Sponsored

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
The three components that tend to get fried during the WMA5/6 update are the PCM, the speed chrono clock, and the OTA (over-the-air) module. If the OTA module would be damaged in your case, the car is still perfectly drivable - not bricked - but will not allow you to log in under your personal coordinates. So, you may want to ask your dealer whether the OTA module is still OK. Doe ondertussen maar een terraske...
Ok, thx! Will ask. I have found dealer are clueless in general, I'll probably have to tell them what's wrong via this forum.

Terraskes back open after Covid since last week! ? ??

JayTaycan

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had my Taycan 4S’ software updated early April 2021. First of all, Sirius radio has not worked well since. Also, it continuously shows that something is updating. Most serious of all is that I have gotten two red warning messages while driving: Chassis System Failure and Engine control failure. Both times it asked me to park immediately which I did. When I put the car in parking the message disappeared. I really don’t know if there is something wrong with the car but it drives great. However, driving under these circumstances where we can’t trust the car’s warning systems is not safe. Also, the updates take several days. I did not pay for a Taycan to be driving a loaner Macan

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My Taycan is back in the shop after it was in end of last week to confirm, that the PCM needs to be replaced. I could drive the car, but it did hand and rebooted a few times. Also the navi never loaded. Three days to get it replaced and then hopefully everything works properly... :)

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the mean time my car has been at the dealer for 5 and a half weeks for the update. I’m getting very sick and tired about the Porsche customer service (and the Macan loaner for that).

Apparently the car needs to be in privacy mode to do the update and how they explain it is that my car looks like it’s in privacy mode, but is not (privacy mode greyed out) . My dealer, Porsche Belgium and Porsche Germany have apparently been playing ping pong on wether the car is in privacy mode or not by sending each other foto’s, short films, data logs,... instead of actually doing something.

Shamefull rubbish customer service. Very, very disappointed after having fulfilled a life long dream of buying a new Porsche. Luckily the car is so good (when it works) to compensate the dreadfull service.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
In the mean time my car has been at the dealer for 5 and a half weeks for the update. I’m getting very sick and tired about the Porsche customer service (and the Macan loaner for that).

Apparently the car needs to be in privacy mode to do the update and how they explain it is that my car looks like it’s in privacy mode, but is not (privacy mode greyed out) . My dealer, Porsche Belgium and Porsche Germany have apparently been playing ping pong on wether the car is in privacy mode or not by sending each other foto’s, short films, data logs,... instead of actually doing something.

Shamefull rubbish customer service. Very, very disappointed after having fulfilled a life long dream of buying a new Porsche. Luckily the car is so good (when it works) to compensate the dreadfull service.
That sucks! But at least you got a loaner, I would not get one. Have you asked to get a Taycan as a loaner?

I picked mine up yesterday. The instrument display just would not want to switch to English like the PCM did. We tried for an hour with two tech guys. No luck. Went home then I tried to switch between languages a few more times and suddenly instrument display also switched to English.

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My connect login failed a couple of weeks after the update. It has been a couple of weeks and so far the dealer has not been able to figure it out. I did talk to someone at Porsche and will be getting calls back tomorrow. Even weirder is that in Settings there is no Account item to manage the accounts.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My connect login failed a couple of weeks after the update. It has been a couple of weeks and so far the dealer has not been able to figure it out. I did talk to someone at Porsche and will be getting calls back tomorrow. Even weirder is that in Settings there is no Account item to manage the accounts.
Before the update a couple of times the account was "lost" while driving in a tunnel, then it came back.

Permanent cloud connection in a car while driving is not the tech I enjoy.

Please let us know what Porsche says...

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Before the update a couple of times the account was "lost" while driving in a tunnel, then it came back.

Permanent cloud connection in a car while driving is not the tech I enjoy.

Please let us know what Porsche says...
I definitely will. Based on the symptoms and other people’s experiences I suspect the OTA module is bad but we will see what they say. I did hear back from my sales person but not the Porsche support person.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I definitely will. Based on the symptoms and other people’s experiences I suspect the OTA module is bad but we will see what they say. I did hear back from my sales person but not the Porsche support person.
It seems the smoking gun for a failed OTA module is if your details on the Porsche website (state of charge, mileage) haven't been updated for several days. If your car details are correct, it's something else with your My Porsche account or your car.

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It seems the smoking gun for a failed OTA module is if your details on the Porsche website (state of charge, mileage) haven't been updated for several days. If your car details are correct, it's something else with your My Porsche account or your car.
In my case the car has not connected for about the same length of time that it has been showing me the welcome screen every time. Just dropped the car off, crossing my fingers they can fix it.

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
I had my update on Monday morning at Porsche Oslo (Ryen) and got the car back on the afternoon Tuesday.
No problem with update????
Got an 4S loaner car during the update.

Connecting is working and the updates are coming in???????

Alot of bugs are gone and the driving experience is much better

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 2020 4s (September 2020 build) which had WMA5 applied in early April.
My PCM had frozen and rebooted a couple of times since then. Also the Nav Maps sometimes took a long time to load. I had the dealer take a look and they re-coded the PCM (the service advisor did not explain what that means) as a solution. We'll see if that helps.

I complained about the power loss issue and they reprogrammed the DME and PE modules to the latest software (they did not tell me what versions). I hope that is a true solution to the power loss issue since this was my major concern.

I also had a few other intermittent issues like "ParkAssist unavailable. Service required", "WBA limited", "Headlight Control error", and even though I had photos for each problem they were unable to diagnose or fix..
They could not reproduce or fix any of the myriad rattles but I guess that is not related to this thread...

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I have a 2020 4s (September 2020 build) which had WMA5 applied in early April.
My PCM had frozen and rebooted a couple of times since then. Also the Nav Maps sometimes took a long time to load. I had the dealer take a look and they re-coded the PCM (the service advisor did not explain what that means) as a solution. We'll see if that helps.

I complained about the power loss issue and they reprogrammed the DME and PE modules to the latest software (they did not tell me what versions). I hope that is a true solution to the power loss issue since this was my major concern.

I also had a few other intermittent issues like "ParkAssist unavailable. Service required", "WBA limited", "Headlight Control error", and even though I had photos for each problem they were unable to diagnose or fix..
They could not reproduce or fix any of the myriad rattles but I guess that is not related to this thread...
Sorry to hear that. The only rattle I have is when I place a big coffee cup into the cup holder. A bit annoying!

After WMA5 I also had a few reboots and the nav map could not load at all. So Porsche agreed to replace the PCM CU hardware. Now everything looks good. I know, you will not be happy, if they cannot fix it properly - push for it!

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still nothing here. Car at dealer for update since 4th of May. I have now threatened with litigation.

Dealer says they received aporoval from Germany to replace the entire PCM/OTA/... Hardware pieces. But these are on backorder in Germany. No date available. ? ? ? ?

If this continues untill July 4th, my car will have been at the dealer for over 1/3 of the time I own it.
Sponsored