First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
OMG that CT is soooooo gorgeous... :)

BTW with the original post, I think it looks great. But I would get the Battery+ as mentioned. Definitely.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That does look good. Are those the dark tinted headlights? Wheels look great in gloss black.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
That does look good. Are those the dark tinted headlights? Wheels look great in gloss black.
no, if you make it bigger, you can see the silver on the 4-corner lights. That is the part that becomes black with the option.
I looked at this in detail and with those 4-lights always on with day-time running, you don't get much benefit from the black-headlights, except for when the vehicle is completely off. After review, I actually think the silver accents help with the detail of the lighting system (purely subjective) and decided not to add it.

Unia

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI
Country flag
no, if you make it bigger, you can see the silver on the 4-corner lights. That is the part that becomes black with the option.
I looked at this in detail and with those 4-lights always on with day-time running, you don't get much benefit from the black-headlights, except for when the vehicle is completely off. After review, I actually think the silver accents help with the detail of the lighting system (purely subjective) and decided not to add it.
Here you can see blue tinted headlights, if one should add it depends on the color of the car I guess. What color did you choose for your car?

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/cherry-metallic-ct4s-build-thoughts.5947/page-2

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Here you can see blue tinted headlights, if one should add it depends on the color of the car I guess. What color did you choose for your car?

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/cherry-metallic-ct4s-build-thoughts.5947/page-2
was that a question to me or the OP?
My car is black. I went with the standard lights.

If I were to go with a CT, I would most likely have the silver accents on the bumper/rear defuser/side skirts.....in that case the standard lights would actually fit quite nicely.

The other option I would consider for the CT would be the carbon or black on those parts (reason it is not my primary choice is that if these are meant to be on a CT, chances are they will eventually be scuffed on a back road, or the like and silver seems to be the best for not showing scuffs). If I went that route, I might choose the black headlights, but would definitely choose black model writing as well as black rear Porsche strip and black window trim.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I chose the ice blue tint as I believe it goes really well with the Volcano Grey and with black accents on the lip and skirts - have zero concern re 'scuffing' the lip/skirts as this thing will not be seeing gravel tracks anytime soon :)

Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic CT4S Build Thoughts blue

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
That is a sweet build. Only suggestion: Ditch the 150kW/400 volt charger option. You will never need it/use it in the US. Instead, use the $500 to buy your wife a nice dinner when you take her out in your new CT!
Lot of discussion on this in other threads - bottomline is if and when Tesla network chargers (not destination) are opened up to non-Tesla cars then this is a great option to max out charging time - a future proof option albeit we really can't trust any promise from Tesla on this at the minute :)

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I'm actually adding the 400V option because of Tesla superchargers. Nice to have options down the road.

-ThinkMac-

Unia

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI
Country flag
was that a question to me or the OP?
My car is black. I went with the standard lights.

If I were to go with a CT, I would most likely have the silver accents on the bumper/rear defuser/side skirts.....in that case the standard lights would actually fit quite nicely.

The other option I would consider for the CT would be the carbon or black on those parts (reason it is not my primary choice is that if these are meant to be on a CT, chances are they will eventually be scuffed on a back road, or the like and silver seems to be the best for not showing scuffs). If I went that route, I might choose the black headlights, but would definitely choose black model writing as well as black rear Porsche strip and black window trim.
Sorry TycanNewHampshire, I asked you about the color.

You can never choose wrong if you choose black, that's it. :)

Imo carbon details feel a bit 1990s

Cross Turismo have the silver accents on the bumper/rear defuser/side skirts as standard and it fits perfectly with good balance and contrast. Too many black details on the car melt together.....

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Lot of discussion on this in other threads - bottomline is if and when Tesla network chargers (not destination) are opened up to non-Tesla cars then this is a great option to max out charging time - a future proof option albeit we really can't trust any promise from Tesla on this at the minute :)
Perhaps "never" was too strong a term; I should have said that you will likely only use it someday (long after your taycan is in the auto graveyard) after Elon produces cyber trucks, roadsters, $25K people movers, perfects FSD, and of course, opens up his charging network to his competitors. ?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Perhaps "never" was too strong a term; I should have said that you will likely only use it someday (long after your taycan is in the auto graveyard) after Elon produces cyber trucks, roadsters, $25K people movers, perfects FSD, and of course, opens up his charging network to his competitors. ?

Who knows. They're rolling out some beta testing in Europe and he's stated his goal is by the end of the year, which in Tesla speak is probably a year and a half later.

I optioned mine specifically for that reason. A fairly minimal cost to future proof the car. If and when tesla chargers open up there are likely going to be a lot of folks kicking themselves.
Sponsored