Feedback on CT4s build, please

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I realize this is not as interesting as driving a Taycan through Norway in February to the Arctic Circle, but I was able to secure a spur of the moment build allocation a couple of weeks ago. The freeze date is next week, so I wanted to solicit a little feedback from the group.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKFYFP1

Just as background, am in my mid-50's and an empty nester. Planning on retiring down to Scottsdale in the next couple of years. This CT4s will be my daily and my road tripping vehicle since I can lug my bikes on the back in the new fancy (crazy expensive!) Porsche bike carrier.

I drove a '20 Taycan 4s in the Frozen Blue, but swapped that out for a '21 Taycan 4s in Black. The black Taycan will be replaced by this CT4s in Chalk. I love the Chalk color, but wanted to jazz it up a little with some black bits here and there. I just hope it does not seem too weird seeing a tall, older guy driving around a Porsche "euro wagon!"

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Quite similar specs as mine CT4, just different colours.
i even have same 20”wheels for winter tires (21 CT design for summer).

If I’d order again, i’d skip off-road (expensive) plastic.
btw: have you considered seatbelts in crayon?
or maybe bordeaux/black interior?
isn’t (just) black too….black?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Looks lovely.

I wouldn't get black door handles, but that's pretty subjective.

4+1 seats gives more flexibility in the split fold seats, and let's you carry more people should you ever need to (albeit at a squash).

You didn't check the bike carrier :)

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I forgot about the split fold seats!!!!! Not concerned about carrying more people, but I like the idea of putting down one rear seat at a time if needed.

The bike carrier has already been ordered, so that will be here in April. The car will not be here until the end of May or beginning of June - if everything goes according to plan!

I was going back and forth on the black door handles, and in the end decided to keep to add a little sportiness.

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks awesome and congrats! I’d probably skip the $900 black calipers with these wheels..
Thank you.

I was thinking a uniform Chalk or black throughout the car. Hence, no red seats or brakes. The challenge is that Porsche knows that people like the black bits on the car so they charge a significant premium for doing this.

The wheels were the conundrum for me. While the 21 inch wheels painted all black are super cool, I wanted the extra 10 to 15 miles of range that the 20 inch wheels bring. I may powder coat the 20's that I ordered depending on how they look.

Thanks for the feedback!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I got addicted to black gloss options, but passed on the rear wiper as I doubt it's very noticeable.
I'd prefer more colour inside- red seatbelts for a slight highlight, or go wild with Blackberry leather and Neodyne trim.
I didn't notice Auto-dim mirrors on your build.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
I got addicted to black gloss options, but passed on the rear wiper as I doubt it's very noticeable.
I'd prefer more colour inside- red seatbelts for a slight highlight, or go wild with Blackberry leather and Neodyne trim.
IMHO bordeaux leather and chalk exterior would look great in Arizona:cool:

Reactions: B61

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
Nice build! Really love the balance between crayon and Black details. Although I would spice up the interior with "fancy color" seatbelts.

Did you consider the 4 zone aircon?
It isn't a really expensive option (considering the total cost of the vehicle) but will give you more control on the aircon (especially in hot climate) in the total cabin + it automatically adds the rear screen in the back which makes total sense if you carry passengers once in a while.

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure I am a red seatbelt kind of guy to be honest. Hence the mildly bland build of Chalk and Black.

Question for you, where is the auto-dim mirror? Isn't that standard? Or have I been missing out on something fabulous?!!

thanks again.

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice build! Really love the balance between crayon and Black details. Although I would spice up the interior with "fancy color" seatbelts.

Did you consider the 4 zone aircon?
It isn't a really expensive option (considering the total cost of the vehicle) but will give you more control on the aircon (especially in hot climate) in the total cabin + it automatically adds the rear screen in the back which makes total sense if you carry passengers once in a while.
I went back and forth between what comforts to provide for people that might be sitting in the back of the car, since it there will not be that many. This is why I skipped the heated and cooled seats in the back, and did not include the 4 zone air conditioning.

Once I hit $150k for all of the fun bits I wanted for the car, I decided that it was my car and if people really want to sit in the back, then they just have to rough it!!

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really nice specification and pretty much what I would have chosen.
1. Did you consider 2 tone leather - chalk/black does look good and really 'lightens' the interior but still practical - might be helpful especially in a hot climate?
2. Consider chalk highlight clock - I admire this every time I drive my car
3. Personally would delete black door handles and dark silver accents
4. I have chalk seatbelts - again, helps lighten interior and add contrast, but not so practical as shows marks, so likely I would not do this again myself

Reactions: B61

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Question for you, where is the auto-dim mirror? Isn't that standard? Or have I been missing out on something fabulous?!!
Hmm... I can't find it in your configurator (though I can't see what's included in the various packs), and doesn't seem to be listed in the Standard Features. In the UK it's an option in the "Lighting and Vision" section "Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors" (£294).

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Thank you.

I was thinking a uniform Chalk or black throughout the car. Hence, no red seats or brakes. The challenge is that Porsche knows that people like the black bits on the car so they charge a significant premium for doing this.

The wheels were the conundrum for me. While the 21 inch wheels painted all black are super cool, I wanted the extra 10 to 15 miles of range that the 20 inch wheels bring. I may powder coat the 20's that I ordered depending on how they look.

Thanks for the feedback!
I have those wheels with the black calipers (standard brakes) and soul.electrified is correct, you hardly see the callipers however it would be annoying on the odd occasion when you do see a red caliper edge.... it really depends on your level of OCD!

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have those wheels with the black calipers (standard brakes) and soul.electrified is correct, you hardly see the callipers however it would be annoying on the odd occasion when you do see a red caliper edge.... it really depends on your level of OCD!
My level of OCD? 53 year old corporate banker who has older kids and has been divorced for ten years, so the OCD is strong with this one!!!!

Black calipers it is!

Appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored