📒 Exhaustive documents of J1 platform Audi E-tron GT / Taycan [250 pages of detailed technical information]

OP
OP
rs38

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
two examples I tried to get answers from that doc:

1. is the GT/ Taycan able to disconnect the rear axle mechanically? The uPdate is implying that it did not work, so now they try to trick around with the front axle. And using the range mode before the uPdate, did anyone ever hear any changes when it was only FWD?

2. how is the heat pump working? most would assume, it's able to extract energy from the air outside, but it's obviously not...

what do you think?

Reactions: B61

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10190946-0001.pdf

250 pages with really nice and detailed technical information regarding power train, batteries, cells, balancing, electronics etc.
Thanks, will be looking at this in great detail. . .
especially as I think some of this design I was working on 2014 when I retired! For me, this is the best information we have ever had on the forum. Im sure some of the ECU’s are from the company I worked for for nearly 30 years.

Last edited:

OP
OP
rs38

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
it's basically the same as around page 196 of the linked SSP doc!
Porsche Taycan 📒 Exhaustive documents of J1 platform Audi E-tron GT / Taycan [250 pages of detailed technical information] 1667897831679

where the connection to outside air is greyed out.

So how is your interpretation?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
it's basically the same as around page 196 of the linked SSP doc!
1667897831679.png

where the connection to outside air is greyed out.

So how is your interpretation?
IMO this is illustrating the situation where battery needs cooling, while the cabin needs heating. The heat pump function is meant to recycle any heat available in the system, rather than dissipating it to the environment and heating independently. This can allow the car to retain heat energy, hence be more efficient.

EDIT: apparently the heat pump function is not present on every Taycan. I don't know which ones have it.

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Wow, great find. While there is huge overlap given the common platform, it would be really great to see a Taycan version of this document.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Thanks, will be looking at this in great detail. . .
especially as I think some of this design I was working on 2014 when I retired! For me, this is the best information we have ever had on the forum. Im sure some of the ECU’s are from the company I worked for for nearly 30 years.
looked a little deeper: I’m sure the brakinging control is the same as a design I was involved in. The forum has somebody with inside information 😬 I also understand why the pedal feelis not so good just before you stop. . . . .

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow it's wild to see how fast the torque drops at high rpm. The achilles heel of EVs?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
page 165 - your 12V will die if main battery drops to 10% or less…well it may not die - but it won't be recharged…

If the vehicle is parked for a long period, the charge level of the high-voltage battery is reduced because the 12 Volt battery is auto matically recharged. If the charge level of the high-voltage battery goes below 10%, the 12 Volt battery is no longer recharged.

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
EDIT: apparently the heat pump function is not present on every Taycan. I don't know which ones have it.
It is standard equipment - at least in the US market. (Listed under E-mobility.)
Sponsored