pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s clear that cars being built at the moment are getting batteries fitted, and totally understand this from a practical business pov.

However it feels a bit sad that those with cars built months ago like me are pushed to the back of the line.

My dealer still has no idea when I will get the car with the battery fitted.
If it comes to me vs Porsche I don't care what is better for Porsche. I care what is better for me.
Sponsored

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My car was built in July with no 12V battery.

1. If the car would have been built when I will receive it (sometime in the future) it would have been a 2023 model. Instead, it is sitting at the dealer with a lower resale value because of the year.
2. People who ordered after me with cars built today get to receive their cars. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to read the message and see that batteries are being fitted, but that is not the point.

It would be nice if Porsche offered any sort of compensation or apology at the very least. Any sign of empathy. It is a-hole behavior. I understand that business is at stake but this is basically careless towards the customer.

Last edited:

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Hi Speuk - Exeter OPC - They may be relatively small and may not have the ordering clout of competitors - but at least my contact tries to be transparent, open and realistic and doesn't over-promise.

I speak only as I find.

Cheers
I'm not sure how much that matters at this moment in time given the talk track on here. Doesn't seem to be any reasoning to order priority.

Last edited:

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
I'm happy for you but in the same time mad that people that were after me in the queue will receive their cars before me. I feel like second class guy. I don't have any problem with Throb.
I have problem with Porsche.
I’m in the same boat. A dream transformed in a nightmare.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
My car was built in July with no 12V battery.

1. If the car would have been built when I will receive it (sometime in the future) it would have been a 2023 model. Instead, it is sitting at the dealer with a lower resale value because of the year.
2. People who ordered after me with cars built today get to receive their cars. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to read the message and see that batteries are being fitted, but that is not the point.

It would be nice if Porsche offered any sort of compensation or apology at the very least. Any sign of empathy. It is a-hole behavior. I understand that business is at stake but this is basically careless towards the customer.
Totally agree! It’s incredible that we’re buying a “luxury” 150k € or plus car and this is the treatment that we receive.

Not even an simple email, so don’t expect much from porsche.

It’s my second porsche and I consider myself a loyal customer but to be honest, I’m starting to look to other brands.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am more disappointed with the dealer than Porsche at the moment. It looks like if they had maintained me in my legitimate place in their order queue my car would have been finished before the battery shortage happened.

I know people laugh about queuing but I find it an equitable way to deal with things.

It would be cutting off my nose to spite my face to cancel the order now but that is what I feel like doing.

Last edited:

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I am more angry with the dealer than Porsche at the moment. It looks like if they had maintained me in my legitimate place in their order queue my car would have been finished before the battery shortage happened.

I know people laugh about queuing but I find it an equitable way to deal with things.

It would be cutting off my nose to spite my face to cancel the order now but that is what I feel like doing.
Dare I ask, does the dealer know how you feel and that they've done super poorly? I would be writing to the dealer principal or head of group myself - even if its just a spleen vent.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Dare I ask, does the dealer know how you feel and that they've done super poorly? I would be writing to the dealer principal or head of group myself - even if its just a spleen vent.
I need to get to know somebody else at the dealer. The first contact was a super helpful probationer who is now a full time sales executive but pretty junior I suppose. She did suggest introducing me to somebody more senior but we had to leave for an appointment elsewhere. I will definitely have to have a word.

I actually chose the dealer since it is near and the owner of the whole string of delaerships used to pop down for a chat about Formula 1 every time I got my 500E serviced when they still were Merc dealers (they chose not to sell Merc any shares when that was their new policy so changed to Ferrari).

:(

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Question for those who's deliveries have shifted to Dec: My original delivery was Oct 4th, but has been showing Nov 4th as of the last month or so. It seems like folks with August orders have shifted to the right even more than my order even though my build completed just 3 weeks ago. When were you all's cars completed?
It seems weird that my car was built in Sep and delivery is still for Nov even though earlier built cars are showing Dec.
Mine from Nov 11 jumped to Dec 02. 2 weeks jump. Car produced since 7/29

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
After this new threads, I called my Porsche SA ( I’ve imposed myself to only call 1 time per month 😅)

Poor guy was on Hollidays but picked up. Has no news regarding mine.

After I told him that some lucky forum fellows are having their cars out of the logístics parks with the battery already retrofitted, he said that all “his” taycans that are waiting @ these parks are still without the battery.

My point is - so far we haven’t seen a solid trend regarding Porsche solution for the retrofit. Try not to stress. It will happen.

ps. Can’t help myself to check out pre-owned taycans 😅

Last edited:
OP
OP
dcarls

dcarls

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Cayman 2022 Taycan 4S 2021 Mercedes E
Country flag
My car was produced 7/25 - latest date for arrival in US 12/2

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
My built was 7/22 finish and out waiting for batteries so hopefully being UK I’ll have mine before that. Dealer said they are hearing of movement in the cars without batteries. I can’t wait, ordered Aug 21 and getting pissed off with little to no updates and Porsche UK

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I reached out to my dealer and got a driver training and 3 year maintenance bundle as part of some compensation for this stuff. My car was built on July 30th and has been sitting at the dealer since August 7.

Still no clue when I’m due to receive it. It does however have the Bose and electric steering column for MY22 prices, which is more important to me than MY23.

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
My car was produced 7/9, arrival in the US is currently listed at 11/25 (btw, I placed my order 11/26/2021). Earlier in the week my SA emailed me. Some reps. from PCNA visited the dealership. He asked them about my car specifically. The reps. confirmed my car is held pending a 12V battery. 🪫🔥
Sponsored