Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
I want to share my review on the longterm ownership of the taycan turbo s.

First off... This is a fantastic driving ev sports sedan. Im biased but i think its the best Ev sports sedan out there to date still. I have over 18k miles on it and not one issue with it.

There are rattles from the sublime burmester sound system, which i had to take to a stereo shop and have them dynamat the interior doors for. Porsche needs to engineer the doors for hi end audio speakers so that the mechanisms in the car door do not rattle when you turn up ur beautiful sound system.

I want to speak about range. I drive this car fast and i have to say it manages range well for driving it fast above 80 miles an hr for extended periods of time. I still get 200 miles easily and thats driving with ac blasting and doing over 80 mph on avg for a few hrs with 22 inch vossen forged rims. Idk what other people are experiencing but that has been my experience. This is summer driving range not winter. I think thats incredible range for the duration of hi speed engagement.

The software is what it is. I never bought the car for the software. I bought the car to see what Porsche can do with an EV architecture. They killed it with this first model year run. Yes there are many little issues that can be and will be resolved i think in the next gen of this car. I hardly ever do the launch control where it gives the full power for a few seconds. Porsche needs to give you that hi power output in sports plus mode and let the driver dictate how he/she wants to use it. I want that full power on all the time in sports plus mode. I think this will be coming in the next generation taycan.

I picked this car up in May of 2021 and very few of these were out yet due to covid. I used the superchargers alot in the beginning of ownership. They worked flawlessly before the crowd came into Evs. There was a thread on here asking about battery health for longer term owners. I charge it always on level 2 due to the overcrowding of super chargers now.( unless i have to drive long distance) But at 100% in summer i still show 217 miles of range. Im sure somebody can figure out what their new TTS shows at 100% but thats what mine shows. I dont think thats bad at all battery degradation for the use that it has had to date.

The ac in this car blasts cold air and i love the function to keep it on when ur running errands in the dead of summer. Again i am impressed with the cooling that Porsche managed to do with cabin and battery pack. I can tell you when i pull into charge after running hard for hrs and in the hi heat, the fan is blowing loudly out the front right tire trying to cool that pack down :). But i have never had cooling issues where the car had to detune down due to heat in the pack. Trust me, i tried :).

So if you are on the fence about buying one of these. Dont be! It is an amazing EV sports sedan and it drives like a Porsche.

Porsche Taycan 2021 TTS 18k miles longterm review update IMG_1848
Sponsored

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I have a 4S+ that I have had for 31 months and 34k miles. I must say I'm still loving the car. I charge to 85% on a daily basis and only charge to 100% a few times each year.

Yesterday, was one of those few times, I needed to charge to 100%. The range showed as 240 miles, which is about what I was getting when I first had the car. Doing the maths, that is about 2.6 miles per KWh.

On a longer journeys I normally get between 3~3.3 KWh.

Gary

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I have a 4S+ that I have had for 31 months and 34k miles. I must say I'm still loving the car. I charge to 85% on a daily basis and only charge to 100% a few times each year.

Yesterday, was one of those few times, I needed to charge to 100%. The range showed as 240 miles, which is about what I was getting when I first had the car. Doing the maths, that is about 2.6 miles per KWh.

On a longer journeys I normally get between 3~3.3 KWh.

Gary
Would love to get your SoH reading with an OBDII reader to add to the forum thread - cheap tool and free CarScanner software. Need more cars with decently large mileages such as yours.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Vgate...ef_=ast_bln&store_ref=bl_ast_dp_brandLogo_sto

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/baseline-for-hv-battery-soh-performance.12815/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good writeup , thx - do you charge on level 2 to full capacity ?
i do usually charge it up to 100% and then drive the car for the week until i cycle the battery down. I do not put it on the charger every night. However, when i take long trips where i may have to use the supercharger network, i charge up fully and then make the trip.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
@Pivotaltrader : I have Burmester sound system too and at times my door rattles. Which stereo shop did you take your car and if you don't mind share how much did it cost to dynamot all? Thanks

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Pivotaltrader : I have Burmester sound system too and at times my door rattles. Which stereo shop did you take your car and if you don't mind share how much did it cost to dynamot all? Thanks
I did the front 2 doors only and I would do all 4 if ur gonna go that route. I used juniors car Audio in Fremont. 970 dollars to do the front doors. They did a fantastic job and photo archived every detail. So if I ever sold the car I have it for the next customer. But I would do the rear doors too. He said the way they deigned the door handle lift function is where one of the rdttles occurs. They were great to work with.

https://www.juniorscarstereo510.com/

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Loves his car so much and yet hasn't named it yet after 2 years :)

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
naming your car is personal :). It took me awhile to think of the her name.

futuristic, sexy, sophisticated, and fast as hell!
The question reminds me of Gone in Sixty Seconds where he takes Eleanor.

ridersinc

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2023 992 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Appreciate the review. I am loving my 2021 TTS also! I also don't do launches. I just drive it and keep it in Individual Mode (sport, sport, regen on, low, noise on) and love it. What a car! I have a brand new 992 911 Turbo S and a 2020 Cayenne Coupe e-hybrid. Just sold my 2022 Macan GTS and 2023 992 911 GTS cab (loaded)... and now... I just always gravitate to my Taycan Turbo S. Here is a pic right after I had the PPF done.
Porsche Taycan 2021 TTS 18k miles longterm review update IMG_6723.JPG

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Appreciate the review. I am loving my 2021 TTS also! I also don't do launches. I just drive it and keep it in Individual Mode (sport, sport, regen on, low, noise on) and love it. What a car! I have a brand new 992 911 Turbo S and a 2020 Cayenne Coupe e-hybrid. Just sold my 2022 Macan GTS and 2023 992 911 GTS cab (loaded)... and now... I just always gravitate to my Taycan Turbo S. Here is a pic right after I had the PPF done.
IMG_6723.JPG
Beautiful car! Im curious... Do you still find that you gravitate to the TTS even though you have a 992 turbo s? The comfort you have with the taycan is next level with the option to dial it stiffer in an instant. I recently bought a 2023 bentley gt speed. But thats next level to the taycan. My biggest frustration with the taycan is the supercharger network and getting into the car the B pillar is forward and you can whack ur hip good if you dont pay attention :). But the overall package with the taycan is impressive.