• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Sounds like the 400VDC converter is going away.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
It seems very similar in tech to the Taycan. Maybe a higher density battery? And maybe slightly higher charging speeds - interesting they quote 5-80% time of less than 25 mins

The 2-valve shock absorbers sound interesting.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' IGM Taycan 4S
Country flag
The 2-valve shock absorbers sound interesting.
This is nothing new, but electronically controlling both compression and rebound on the fly independent of each other might be new? Anyone know an OEM that offers this? Or are they referring to twin tube dampers vs monotube?

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
This is nothing new, but electronically controlling both compression and rebound on the fly independent of each other might be new? Anyone know an OEM that offers this? Or are they referring to twin tube dampers vs monotube?
not 100%

I won’t be getting one.I do like the look of the new Cayman/Boxster though.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Sounds like the 400VDC converter is going away.
Flipping switches in the battery instead I see to make it appear like 2x 400v batteries in series or parallel. Novel approach or perhaps not.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Flipping switches in the battery instead I see to make it appear like 2x 400v batteries in series or parallel. Novel approach or perhaps not.
I don’t know if it’s novel of not, but I think it makes a lot more sense than the converter.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s novel of not, but I think it makes a lot more sense than the converter.
Was a bit tongue in cheek. Reminded me of playing with parallel and series batteries at school.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was a bit tongue in cheek. Reminded me of playing with parallel and series batteries at school.
Oh, well I thought maybe you meant the very narrow domain of EV batteries. I don’t if anyone else is doing it that way yet.

Dimib31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Cayenne, Taycan on order, audi A6, Audi etr
Country flag
Tech wise it will be good however look wise i am not convinced yet. the side and aerial look which we see above makes me feel like i looking to a tesla model y. Could be just me but it feels like that. The spoiler is ridiculous.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Tech wise it will be good however look wise i am not convinced yet. the side and aerial look which we see above makes me feel like i looking to a tesla model y. Could be just me but it feels like that. The spoiler is ridiculous.
Yeah, feel the same way.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I wonder how they do that when the two parts of the battery do not have exactly the same voltage.
Maybe some kind of balancing step just before starting charging. By burning some of the energy in a resistor between the two halves of the battery.