kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
The main question you need to answer is: why do you want to switch? 4 properly usable seats and a decent boot? A calmer and more luxurious journey quality? The Taycan is Perfect. However, a 911 is a great Sports car and is visceral and noisy and maybe more fun, albeit this isn’t to say the Taycan isn’t fun. Because it really is. But I still yearn to grab a 911 at some point, even though is absolutely love my TTST
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello everyone!
New to the forum and looking for advices and your opinions.
I'm currently the proud owner of 992 4S.
I have been lucky enough to have few tests drives in different taycan (4s,turbo and turbo s).
And I must say I absolutely love the tay.
Now the questions! Should i swap my 911 for one? Being on a taycan forum I imagine you ll all be buyest to the taycan haha.
I love the way it does drive, comfort when you want, and hooligan when you put your foot down, looks good but still prefer the look of my 911 that's at the moment the only thing stopping me.
Any of you made the switch? Any regrets?
I won't be buying a new one but a well spec low Miles.
Should I go for a more recent 22/23 4s or an older 20/21 turbo/turbo s ?
I'm concerned and wary of the possible software problems, heater etc etc.
Any info comments will be appreciated for what is really a first World problem when you think about it 911 or taycan!? Ha
Thanks
Believe me when I say keep the 911 and get the Taycan. I stupidly sold my 1998 993 911S when I bought my Taycan and there isn't a day when I don't regret that decision.

Pedroski66

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan sport turismo gts 22
Country flag
Hello everyone!
I have been lucky enough to have few tests drives in different taycan (4s,turbo and turbo s).
Now the questions! Should i swap my 911 for one? Being on a taycan forum I imagine you ll all be buyest to the taycan haha.
I love the way it does drive, comfort when you want, and hooligan when you put your foot down, looks good but still prefer the look of my 911 that's at the moment the only thing stopping me.
Any info comments will be appreciated for what is really a first World problem when you think about it 911 or taycan!? Ha
Thanks

Pedroski66

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan sport turismo gts 22
Country flag
Tested a Turbo S CT and ultimately went with a 22 GTS ST. No regrets with the "goldilocks" Taycan. 10K miles since delivery in late December 22 on winter/ski set-up and now rolling on summer tires. Enjoy!

Porsche Taycan 911 to Taycan? Resized_Screenshot_20230504_180100_Gallery

Porsche Taycan 911 to Taycan? IMG-20230113-WA0001

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've no experience of 911's but it sounds like you have a similar view re. 4S v Turbo as myself, i.e. the 4S is more than enough car (still the best value Taycan variant IMO) but every now and then, when the stars align and conditions and one's mood permits, the Turbo takes it up a notch for brief bursts...on such occasions, I think that PTV+ is a key part of the Turbo experience, so if you are looking at 4S specs, I'd recommend concentrating on examples that have the PTV+ option- I'd guess that you won't see many.

TaycanTurbo22

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I switched from a 992 911 to my Taycan Turbo.

The 911 was an excellent car that I really enjoyed owning (although if I'm honest, I think I preferred my Cayman 718 S from a sports car perspective, but thats a different discussion). There have been no regrets, there's nothing the 911 did that the Taycan can't.

They're very different cars though and as long as you accept those differences, embrace the change and learn to appreciate what the Taycan does and how it does it, I don't think you'd look back. I needed a car that covered more bases, whilst still being engaging to drive and the Taycan does just that, whilst also being significantly faster and cheaper to run.

Whilst the 4S is more car than any of us really needs, you can never have too much of a good thing. If you can afford it, get the Turbo is my advice - hope you find a great one :like:

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
If you are looking for a second hand I suggest go for a GTS. You will be fully satisfied. I ordered a 4s fully optioned including the PTV which is essential to take benefit of the sporty chassis of our 2.3 ton babies ;)

CLF1

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hello everyone!
Thanks
I loved my 2019 Porsche 911 Carrera T and had driven almost 20,000 miles from my home on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. However, I decided to join the EV community with a 2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo. The transition has been wonderful. The greatest change is how quiet the Taycan is in all driving conditions. The best comment came from my dealer for the Taycan in Willingford, Connecticut: you are not buying an electric vehicle, you are buying a Porsche powered by electric motors.

Jeff G

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Range Tover, Porsche 911 turbo s
Country flag
Hello everyone!
Thanks
Last summer, I traded my 2012 911 Turbo S and 2013 Jag XKR for a Taycan. I wanted to take advantage of the goofy prices I was being offered for my used vehicles.

I placed an order for a 2023 Taycan Turbo and was told it would take 9 - 12 months to receive.

Minutes after visiting the showroom to place my order, I spotted a 2020 Taycan Turbo S with 1500 miles that had just been placed on the showroom floor.

Same price as the new Turbo, but available immediately and with only 1500 miles (2200 Kms), it looked brand new and had a very, very similar spec to the order I had just placed

So I pulled the trigger on the 2020 and cancelled my 2023 order.

After driving the Taycan for 8 months, I can tell you that I barely miss the other two cars. Yes, the 911 is a much lighter car, and yes, the Jag has an unbelievable sound, but the Taycan is a very special car indeed.

The Taycan is lighting fast, although, without the sound of the engine, it lacks a bit of the visceral feeling you get when you wind up the 911 or Jag.

That said, the Taycan scares you with how fast it gets to 60 mph. It handles so amazingly well that you forget it's such a heavy car, and with real wheel steering, it hugs the road even better than my 911!

As many people have noted in this forum, the 911 and Taycan are different cars, but there is something very special about the Taycan Turbo S, and while I miss the 911 and jag, I wouldn't go back!

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
One other consideration would be that 911s tend to hold their value incredibly well. The Taycan is likely to depreciate more like other luxury cars (including other 4 door Porsches). Porsche Financial Services in the US pegs the 3 year residual for most Taycan versions at around 52%. 911 residuals for the same period tend to be in the high 60s or sometimes low 70s. Personally, I'd keep the 911 and get the Taycan only if you have the space/can afford to have both. Also, Porsche keeps aggressively raising prices on the 911 (other models too, but especially on the 911). That will further help keep used 911 values high but will also make it more painful to buy back in the future if you change your mind.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
One other consideration would be that 911s tend to hold their value incredibly well.
Except for 996s.. 😂😳

Personally, I'd keep the 911 and get the Taycan only if you have the space/can afford to have both.
This ^. I’d say the Taycan is not a replacement for a 911 in any way, but I guess that depends on what one “gets” out of a 911 (or which specific series/model/trim is being compared).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Have you checked 996 values recently? I think you'll be surprised. A rising tide lifts all boat as the saying goes...
Well, yeah. I have one, and as it happens it needs an engine rebuild. I took a long hard look at the market before deciding to proceed with the rebuild. C4S and turbos have indeed taken off, but the rest not so much. It’s going to be forever “the 20k 911”, now slightly adjusted for inflation.

987 Caymans seem to be the sweet point in the market atm. 🤷🏻‍♂️

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I will echo everything said here mostly. Having owned a 996, 997, and a 991.1, all manuals, a 911 is something special. If I could have both, I would. If I could buy another 911 right now, it would be a 991.2 T or .1 S, in a manual in a tasty color combo. 991 values were going up when I sold mine for the Taycan, and Taycan prices have also continued to rise.
I needed a car to put more miles on that would've been more tedious/less special than the 911 is suited for.
I also feel the RWD is crazy fast/competent for the money, and strangely attracts more quizzical looks and admiration than any 911 ever did. Just because it's electric and a sedan barely makes it any less engaging than a 911. Did I love the nearly 2000lbs less weight and rowing my own gears- absolutely.
Hopefully next time I wanna buy a used 911 they aren't the price of used GT3s right now.
And to the guy who sold the 993 C2S for a Taycan- ouch. Thats a take to your grave car.

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went from a 997.2 to 2020 Taycan 4S. ~3 years & 30K miles later, I'm going to trade the Taycan for a 992 Carrera T that I ordered.

I will miss the effortless EV torque, the lower running costs, and the practicality.

I'll get back a more emotional driving experience and the ability to do HPDE's at the racetrack without rushing to find a Fast DC charger after each 20 minute session.

It all depends on your use case; I have other cars for practical needs, and I take a vanpool to work most days (when I'm not working at home). Thus, the 911 will be for short trips or Point A-to-Point A enjoyable drives. Once the kids go to college, I do fully intend to look for a CPO Taycan RWD or Macan EV as a practical vehicle.

But as a one-car solution, the Taycan 4S absolutely nails all the marks.
Sponsored