OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I think the correct statement is that "Taycan is better than a 911 as a daily car but the 911 is still better for the track or for really spirited driving."

For me, I think this probably sums it up. Not the same for everyone, but that is where my thoughts lie
Sponsored

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
I'm going from a 964 to a Taycan (when it arrives...).
Expecting it to be a little, er, different!

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
...I will post a draft spec on the appropriate bit of the forum although I understand that this is risky and that between you, you will try to make me spend another £10k!
Yes, this forum claims to be "free," but has turned out to be VERY costly in terms of my original Taycan build vs all of the builds since joining this forum! :oops: Then again, I'll be getting a far better Taycan than what I now think of as that original "ignorant" or "pre-enlightenment" build. :cool:

reggie-g75

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 992 C4S, 2020 Panamera GTS ST
Country flag
I got rid of my 992 C4S after 9-months and jumped into the Taycan TS… so far so good and don’t miss the 992.
The 992 is a wonderful car, beautiful, but just didn’t do it for me. My excuse for buying it was mid-life crisis, but should have gone for the drama of an Aston or Ferrari…

Porsche Taycan Test drive 911 and Taycan E3C0A144-84BF-4363-A89D-715A5F3792C7

OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got rid of my 992 C4S after 9-months and jumped into the Taycan TS… so far so good and don’t miss the 992.
The 992 is a wonderful car, beautiful, but just didn’t do it for me. My excuse for buying it was mid-life crisis, but should have gone for the drama of an Aston or Ferrari…

E3C0A144-84BF-4363-A89D-715A5F3792C7.jpeg
Wow. I have not heard anyone “getting rid” of a 911 after only a few months. It really didn’t do it for you! I am not going for a turbo s but hopefully a 4S will be fun.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I'm going from a 964 to a Taycan (when it arrives...).
Expecting it to be a little, er, different!
What a transition that will be! Congrats :fist bump:

reggie-g75

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 992 C4S, 2020 Panamera GTS ST
Country flag
Wow. I have not heard anyone “getting rid” of a 911 after only a few months. It really didn’t do it for you! I am not going for a turbo s but hopefully a 4S will be fun.
It was always my aspiration to have one! it was a tainted love as I also ended up with one that was built late on a Friday afternoon - 7 times/21 days at the OPC to resolve “minor” issues with rattles. Literally every panel was refitted and/or replaced by the lovely fuckwits at Shytner Solihul.
Think I’m a sports saloon/GT kinda guy as it was a toss up between a Continental GT or the Taycarrrrn. My daugher convinced me the CGT was too ostentatious!

OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A 911 has been my aspiration for a while - but as someone once told my wife (about something else completely) - some things are better left as a dream. I suspect the 911 is one of them - unless I just don't get on with the Taycon and the whole "electric thing".

OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And of course a Taycan isn't at all ostentatious. Is it?!

Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I had my 911 4s (991.1 variant) for 8 great years. I loved that car. But I recently traded it in for Taycan TS. I find my Taycan much exhilarating, comfortable and more practical for my use. I never track my cars, and as a daily driver I find the Taycan fabulous. If I lived in a warm weather state year around, it may have been more difficult choice. But quite honestly, I just love my TTS. Cheers

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have both 992 and Taycan. Taycan is a better car outright. The 992 is fun, sexy and fast. The Taycan is fun, sexy and fast.

Taycan infotainment is better than 992 infotainment. Taycan parking cameras are better than 992 parking cameras. Taycan windshield glare is very minimal in comparison to 992. Taycan air suspension is much more comfortable than 992 PASM and handles just as well. Seats feel the same, driving position is the same, visibility is the same. Edge goes to the Taycan because the keyless entry always works, 100% of the time. The 992 is really buggy. Every problem my Taycan had (minor rattle, getting kicked off of Porsche connect) happened in the 992 as well.

I love both cars.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Having been wondering about a 911 I posted on here a couple of weeks ago and got your views on a 911 vs Taycan (obviously in favour of the Taycan) and took both for a test drive. My 19 year old son insisted on coming along.

The 911 Carerra 4S was up first and it is fair to say my son had already made up his mind that I needed one and there probably wasn't much point in driving the Taycan. So we were shown round the car and off we went. It was awesome! Fantastic car. A bit bumpy over any defects in the road, but nothing like a Cayman. A bit noisy when accelerating but again, nothing intrusive or annoying like the Cayman. Sharp handling, good power delivery. All in all, a great drive. My son was absolutely sold on it and so was I - my thinking was that the Taycan would have to be pretty amazing to better it.

Having returned the 911 we then went out in a Taycan 4S. After a few minutes getting lost around a housing estate we found an open road. Oh my goodness! The power delivery is something else. I knew what was meant by instant torque, but had never experienced it like this before. After 10 minutes my son asked me what I thought. Smoother, quite, comfortable, refined but goes like a rocket when you want it to. Yes he said. It's better than the 911. You have to get one of these. Although that was my thinking, I didn't really expect him to be won over quite so quickly. We took it home and I think that my wife even liked it.

A few things that aren't quite ideal is suppose - it is a huge car. Very wide and probably not easy to find large enough spaces in the UK. Some slightly strange things like having to go into the PCM to change the direction of the air coming out of the vents. Anyway, it is quite clearly an amazing car - so an order has been placed. Hopefully it will appear by the end of the year. I will post a draft spec on the appropriate bit of the forum although I understand that this is risky and that between you, you will try to make me spend another £10k!
It’s frustrating that they didn’t give the rwd very much torque; in a sense de-tuning the power to meet a certain price point. The 4S and above models take advantage of the power band, but the rwd is a much more interesting car, engineering wise :/

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
It’s frustrating that they didn’t give the rwd very much torque; in a sense de-tuning the power to meet a certain price point. The 4S and above models take advantage of the power band, but the rwd is a much more interesting car, engineering wise :/
Maybe the future Taycan S rwd will be a good compromise?
Sponsored