A Taycan crashed and burned in China, a couple died inside the car due to door cannot be open from outside

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was told by the service department today that all Porsches have mechanical locks. He stated it doesn’t matter if the car is turned on. All you have to do is pull the door lever (fully) twice to get out.

Having said this, if the car doors have been sealed shut by the accident/bending of the frame…there won’t be any way out (I figure).
Frameless doors and the glass will shatter so again no logical explanation for this "story'.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

sderkach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Frameless doors and the glass will shatter so again no logical explanation for this "story'.
Right...forgot about the frameless doors!

And...I have the thermally and noise insulated glass...so it wouldn't be so easy to smash the glass for me or outsiders. This is an option in retrospect that I hadn't opted for given this story...(recognizing the risk is extremely small).

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I relate to this better than anyone else. My cousin who lived with us for over 10 years passed away last year in a car crash. She was driving a Tesla Model 3 and the car was instantly ignited. She was burned to death because the door was stuck and she could not have been rescued in time. She had a passenger and the passenger was fine but unfortunately, the passenger was not able to rescue my cousin. To anyone who says ice cars can burn just as fast is not true because depending on where the car was hit, fuel tanks might not have been ruptured. The problem with EV is the entire underside of our car is the battery, if that gets ruptured from any side, the fire will burn so quickly and bright that you won't have any time to escape.

I also don't want to place any blame on Tesla because, in order for an accident to rupture the battery, one would have to drive at an incredible speed that is definitely way over the limit. My cousin was drunk and speeding when that happened and she paid the ultimate price. As long as you are responsible and you understand that every time you get behind a car you take a risk and you respect it; you should be fine.
Sponsored