ANA6 recall uPdate Update

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Does anyone know if the latest update will enable more substantial OTA updates in the future? It seems that this whole recall and need to bring the car into the dealership and take away hours of technicians time was a huge error on the Taycan teams part, resulting in huge losses for Porsche.

I would think most updates moving forward could and should be pushed via OTA after the entire fleet is updated and working from a consistent baseline of software. At least that’s the hope…
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
at least the lousy infotainment had an excellent and clean looking GUI, which is now being transformed into a my first unicorn/rainbow style. Not sure if I am happy with that.
Should be easy enough for Porsche to allow users to toggle back and forth between color and black and white.

The strong reaction to this is surprising to me. I wonder if you did a poll you could find a correlation between car color and preference for color or black and white. I'll stay silent on my preference.

Reactions: B61

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Should be easy enough for Porsche to allow users to toggle back and forth between color and black and white.

The strong reaction to this is surprising to me. I wonder if you did a poll you could find a correlation between car color and preference for color or black and white. I'll stay silent on my preference.
Interesting thought...

Reactions: B61

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I’ve only ever had the color screen, so I can’t speak to what was, but you can choose what apps are on the left side of the screen (LHD).
My comment is for whomever mentioned that the notifications icon is missing from the far right side. I moved notifications to the far left on the vertical column of icons.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are different Apps available in different regions, or did the upgrade change the apps that are available? I have seen some screenshots with apps that are not available to me. I also searched the manual and I see no option for adding third party apps (like you can with Tesla), or even "additional" Porsche apps. Any input?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Are different Apps available in different regions, or did the upgrade change the apps that are available? I have seen some screenshots with apps that are not available to me. I also searched the manual and I see no option for adding third party apps (like you can with Tesla), or even "additional" Porsche apps. Any input?
Adding 3rd party apps would be nice but I can see why Porsche may not want to be the "App Store" here and be vetting such additions to the PCM vs letting CarPlay and Android equivalent handle this. Despite an avid Apple user I still don't like the somewhat childish (imo) appearance of CarPlay and would indeed much prefer an integration with Porche's design interface but I can dream on :)!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I’ve only ever had the color screen, so I can’t speak to what was, but you can choose what apps are on the left side of the screen (LHD).
My comment is for whomever mentioned that the notifications icon is missing from the far right side. I moved notifications to the far left on the vertical column of icons.
Oh that was me. Thank you – I didn't realise you could choose whats on the side – that's good to know.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Adding 3rd party apps would be nice but I can see why Porsche may not want to be the "App Store" here and be vetting such additions to the PCM vs letting CarPlay and Android equivalent handle this. Despite an avid Apple user I still don't like the somewhat childish (imo) appearance of CarPlay and would indeed much prefer an integration with Porche's design interface but I can dream on :)!
Ok, so to get the poll started, you oppose color apps and you have a grey Taycan. hmmmm. ;) But no, I understand your point about appearance. I wish I could "integrate" the functions of Waze and the Porsche navigation for charging functions. That would be my personal best outcome. I can run them both, but only after several times of one shutting off the other, and then me needing to restart it again. maddening.

Seriously though, I have seen different apps on some screenshots, so do they differ slightly per region or did they change after update?

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
OK I got her back! A few things to unpack here...

1. As I drove away from the dealership, about a block away, the PCM went completely blank. That never happened before. I decided to drive around the area for a bit. It did not repeat, but that was not a confidence builder for starters.

2. Seems "most" of my profile was saved. Carplay fired up immediately. Sigh of relief.

3. The first thing I wanted to see was filtering of stations. So I spent some time checking that out. It did not find any 250kw+ stations near me and I know they are here. I guess I will be using other phone apps for the time being as I test it further.

4. The weather widget continues to be glitchy. I like that on my custom screen (not sure why - weather here never changes ;)). Many times will say "service not available. Try again later."

5. IMPORTANT: I tested the lift-save feature and it seems these may have been wiped out and will need to be reset to avoid bottoming out.

6. BUT! The homelink control now is at the bottom of the screen so less intrusive when activated. AND.....it disappeared once I drove a block away from the house. That's a good thing!

Overall its nice to have the colored tiles but I'll reserve judgement on the rest of the update for now. I have an RWD so many features from that release don't apply to me.

IMG_6305.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg
I did not know we have a key FOB holder on the car. Is it mentioned in the manual?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I did not know we have a key FOB holder on the car. Is it mentioned in the manual?
I never said anything about that but I always slide my key into the air vent in front of me and it’s a perfect place if you don’t want to hold it in your pocket.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Ok, so to get the poll started, you oppose color apps and you have a grey Taycan. hmmmm. ;) But no, I understand your point about appearance. I wish I could "integrate" the functions of Waze and the Porsche navigation for charging functions. That would be my personal best outcome. I can run them both, but only after several times of one shutting off the other, and then me needing to restart it again. maddening.

Seriously though, I have seen different apps on some screenshots, so do they differ slightly per region or did they change after update?
Where did I say that I ‘oppose’ color apps - nothing to do with my response to your query on 3rd party apps!?

Oh, and I guess you don’t consider grey a color ;)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I don't have an opinion about the color apps - and one reason is that I never see them. I have my PCM configured to show weather, map and music selection. So I will rarely even see the screens that have so many people upset. On that subject I just posted a new thread "How have you configured your PCM, 3 tubes and joker buttons" and hope others will provide feedback there. If they do, you'll see many other ways to avoid seeing the screen that you are upsetting over.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where did I say that I ‘oppose’ color apps - nothing to do with my response to your query on 3rd party apps!?

Oh, and I guess you don’t consider grey a color ;)?
I assure you I was being very serious! ;) I just meant that the apple UI is very "colorful" and simplistic, which made me jokingly assume that you probably didn't like the color icon change to the Porsche UI either along with all of the others who claim not to like the Skittle vomit rainbow (what's not to like?). I had noticed earlier that many who don't like the colored icons also happened to have grey Taycans (or black, silver, or chalk) while those who did had Green or Blue. So I was just trying test my informal hypothesis. Happy Friday.

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
My car is scheduled for aug 15th. My dealer told me that they need the car for 2 full days to do the uPdate!
Sponsored