Anybody bought the backrest protector???

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Hi All,

I should be collecting my GTS in a couple of weeks so I'm finally having to make a decision on what bits I might need to go with it. Specifically, I have a 4 year old and I think I might need to use some of the child gear in the back to stop her accidently causing damage.

I have decided that I will buy the child seat mat (https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/p/child-seat-mat-9Y004480180-B/9Y004480180), but I'm undecided on the backrest protector (https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/p/backrest-protector-95B044008-B/95B044008). The main reason for that is that I think it will look ugly from the front as it looks like the strap will be visible.

Has anybody else bought these and if so how have you got on with them, or any other alternative solutions to child proof your car.

THANKS!
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I have it installed and I don't notice the strap anymore. Most importantly, no scuffs.

Bottom line, decide if you'd rather deal with scuffs or a strap that will eventually fade away.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I don’t have the Porsche branded one but have something identical purchased cheap from amazon. The top strap is definitely very visible, but it can tuck behind the telescoping headrest (assuming you have that type of seat). I still didn’t like how they looked so I took them off. I just tell my kids not to kick or place their feet on any of the furniture and at 7 and 9 years old now, they’ve been very compliant, so really no need for them in my case. With a 4 year old however, compliance might be more difficult. When my kids were 4, I didn’t have these protectors in my previous car, so I used to just take their shoes off every time I’ve sat them in the back, which worked well.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Hi All,

I should be collecting my GTS in a couple of weeks so I'm finally having to make a decision on what bits I might need to go with it. Specifically, I have a 4 year old and I think I might need to use some of the child gear in the back to stop her accidently causing damage.

I have decided that I will buy the child seat mat (https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/p/child-seat-mat-9Y004480180-B/9Y004480180), but I'm undecided on the backrest protector (https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/p/backrest-protector-95B044008-B/95B044008). The main reason for that is that I think it will look ugly from the front as it looks like the strap will be visible.

Has anybody else bought these and if so how have you got on with them, or any other alternative solutions to child proof your car.

THANKS!
When my grandkids get in the car the they know the line I always use with them. " When your feet hit the seat your feet hit the street" It works 99% of the time but the seat protector is nice that you are looking at. Good luck!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi All,

THANKS!
I have teenagers (not small kids) but I am going the route of using an interior ceramic on the full interior. Provides good protection while maintaining the OEM appearance.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I've got 3rd party seat mats and front seat protectors that I've always used with my cars. The only thing I'd say with the Porsche front seat protector is that those pockets look large and I can see them being messed around with a lot.

The bottom clip becomes un-noticeable and the top one the same. I don't think they should make too bad marks on the seats, certainly nothing that a good valet won't fix and not worse than kids trainer marks on the seats

Are those the price for a pair? Because if not, that is horrendously expensive for something you can get with identical quality off of Amazon for a lot less

Last edited:

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (for sale), Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
We have the Porsche branded seat back protectors and rear seat protectors for the child seats. They aren’t pretty, but I’m glad they’re there when our 4 and 2 year old are swinging their legs! Ours have been in 3 different cars now and still look like new, despite fairly heavy usage.

Although expensive, they’re a Porsche product so if any issues were to occur such as staining of the seats etc. from a 3rd party product, there can be no argument.

Note: I’ve seen this first hand with a generic brand seat protector and white Tesla seats!

Porsche Taycan Anybody bought the backrest protector??? 14D88C95-3CFB-426E-BA2A-CF4BAE75512D

Porsche Taycan Anybody bought the backrest protector??? 1AFAB222-64A4-499C-82D1-71AEFB978560

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have the seat back protectors on my GTS w/ black interior and I never noticed the straps. No regrets. It added a lot of protection and utilities for my kids in the back.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the Porsche branded seat protectors. My college friends came to town, and I gave them all a ride in the Taycan. One of them said - "wow, you even got the Porsche seat protectors. These aren't the cheap Costco ones" to which I replied "It's more than a car; it's a lifestyle." Good for a laugh.

I'm happy with mine. The buckle does cause a slight bit of scuffing where it meets the seat though, but it beats the scuffing that my kids would otherwise cause. Don't notice it in the driver's seat as the strap sits in the area behind the headrest.

OP
OP
AGDunc

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks everyone. All the info provided has been really helpful. I’m particularly conscious of damage as my car is a lease so I’ll be putting in an order for the backrest protector in the next couple of days 👍🏻

Thanks again

OP
OP
AGDunc

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I have teenagers (not small kids) but I am going the route of using an interior ceramic on the full interior. Provides good protection while maintaining the OEM appearance.
This is interesting. I’ve not heard of an interior ceramic. I’d like to detail my car but it’s not really worth doing with a lease so I think I’m just going to take it as it comes. I’d be interested to know how you get on with this option though

OP
OP
AGDunc

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I've got 3rd party seat mats and front seat protectors that I've always used with my cars. The only thing I'd say with the Porsche front seat protector is that those pockets look large and I can see them being messed around with a lot.

The bottom clip becomes un-noticeable and the top one the same. I don't think they should make too bad marks on the seats, certainly nothing that a good valet won't fix and not worse than kids trainer marks on the seats

Are those the price for a pair? Because if not, that is horrendously expensive for something you can get with identical quality off of Amazon for a lot less
Unfortunately the prices are for single covers. Typical Porsche inflation it seems 😕

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
This is interesting. I’ve not heard of an interior ceramic. I’d like to detail my car but it’s not really worth doing with a lease so I think I’m just going to take it as it comes. I’d be interested to know how you get on with this option though
I’ve had (and will have), this done. It’s well worth the money, lease or not. I still use mats/protectors though because kids

Unfortunately the prices are for single covers. Typical Porsche inflation it seems 😕
Yep definitely Porsche price for exactly what you’d get off Amazon. 😂
Sponsored