Anyone else has seen a Tesla charger offered by the Taycan’s Nav ?

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I have confirmed it was open to all cars…
Porsche Taycan Anyone else has seen a Tesla charger offered by the Taycan’s Nav ? DE27799C-1B31-4E8B-9A12-1167DBDFDB0E
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I did not visit this one in particular, however I have used two so far on my Tarifa to Nordkapp and return to Madrid road trip. I have gotten 130kw consistently from them.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I did get it in ABRP but not in PCM. The app doesn’t show the Tesla chargers either. I have used some but not all have a charger configuration that is suitable for the Taycan. When planning a trip it is probably better to check a picture of the chargers on PlugShare if charging is possible in the way Tesla instructs.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I did get it in ABRP but not in PCM. The app doesn’t show the Tesla chargers either. I have used some but not all have a charger configuration that is suitable for the Taycan. When planning a trip it is probably better to check a picture of the chargers on PlugShare if charging is possible in the way Tesla instructs.
Isn't it always possible ?
I did it once. I assumed it was the same everywhere.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Isn't it always possible ?
I did it once. I assumed it was the same everywhere.
Well it is always possible for the ones that are opened for all brands. Because of the short cable the Taycan charge door is to far when parked normally. Arlon for example has the chargers parallel with the parking and this leaves enough room to park the nose of the Taycan between the chargers. Waver has a different configuration and it not possible to come close enough. You can charge but you have to park perpendicular to the charger occupying 2-3 spots. And officially you can’t do that. Some of these have one spot for Teslas towing something and the are also good for charging a Taycan.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Well it is always possible for the ones that are opened for all brands. Because of the short cable the Taycan charge door is to far when parked normally. Arlon for example has the chargers parallel with the parking and this leaves enough room to park the nose of the Taycan between the chargers. Waver has a different configuration and it not possible to come close enough. You can charge but you have to park perpendicular to the charger occupying 2-3 spots. And officially you can’t do that. Some of these have one spot for Teslas towing something and the are also good for charging a Taycan.
I tried the one in Heusden-Zolder. The chargers were in front of the car, not next to it. It was tight, but possible. Is that different than the one in Waver ?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I tried the one in Heusden-Zolder. The chargers were in front of the car, not next to it. It was tight, but possible. Is that different than the one in Waver ?
That one looks the same as the one I used in Waver. Would really interest me to see a picture how you managed to come close enough with normal parking. Unless you used the one on the left. In Waver the rubber ridge might be further away.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
That one looks the same as the one I used in Waver. Would really interest me to see a picture how you managed to come close enough with normal parking. Unless you used the one on the left. In Waver the rubber ridge might be further away.
There are no clear markers of the parking spot. So maybe I wasn't parked exactly correct. Maybe a bit more to the left. And the rubber ridge was not very high. Mostly covered with gravel. Maybe that made the difference.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
In the Tesla app, front page choose “charge your non Tesla” follow prompts. I don’t have a Tesla anymore…….thank god.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Do you need a Tesla account? I did try the CCS and parked side on, plugged in but then i needed a tesla log in ?? I do have a tesla also but that acc didn't work - thoughts ?
I had a Tesla account for my Tesla but did not manage to use that account to charge the Taycan. I could not browse the non-Tesla chargers. I got an error message in the Tesla app.

I made a second Tesla account (with another email address) for the Taycan. That worked.

I filled a bug report to Tesla. Maybe it will be fixed one day...

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Working well in the UK, on a recent trip Tesla Aviemore popped up. After some faffing to setup the app it charged fine at 130kW. Chargers nicely configured for non-Teslas.

Porsche Taycan Anyone else has seen a Tesla charger offered by the Taycan’s Nav ? IMG_2808
Porsche Taycan Anyone else has seen a Tesla charger offered by the Taycan’s Nav ? IMG_2809

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Tesla chargers at Eurotunnel in Folkestone also work great. Showed up in the navigator and charged at 130 kW. Great experience and saved one extra stop.
Porsche Taycan Anyone else has seen a Tesla charger offered by the Taycan’s Nav ? 8B60E47E-BAE4-4535-AEAC-A19140FD1AD8

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Tesla chargers at Eurotunnel in Folkestone also work great. Showed up in the navigator and charged at 130 kW. Great experience and saved one extra stop.
8B60E47E-BAE4-4535-AEAC-A19140FD1AD8.jpeg
LHD model means you’re on the “correct” side and won’t incite any wrath from the Teslarati 🤣