B-pillar option recommendations?

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
A dealer taycan 4S with around 25k miles that I test drove a while back had racetex lower B-pillars and it was pretty beat up on the corner on the driver's side from a couple of years of ingress/egress. Passenger side looked new, but this was likely because the previous owner seldom had a passenger on board. But driver's side front corner of the race-tex lower B-pillar was almost worn-through the fabric/perforated. This was a 2021 model. I originally wanted to get race-tex lower B-pillars, but based on what I saw in my test drive, and the fact that I tend to be hard on things, I stuck with the standard plastic on my build.
Sponsored

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The Taycan B-pillars are unusually wide, and positioned well forward of the seat backs, which forces many people to struggle to get past them, resulting in scratches to the B-pillars. Panamera B-pillars are narrower, and positioned further back with respect to the front seats.
Are they people or porcupines?😵

Porsche Taycan B-pillar option recommendations? A5707CBE-C3FA-40AD-A807-07AB7C4A9CDF

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
The damage may have something to do with how far forward you have the driving seat. Mine is all the way back (long legs) so I do rub against the plastic B pillar on exit. However, having said that, it doesn’t seem to be damaged 5k miles later.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I don't know how you enter your car but I have zero wear on my Race-Tex B-Pillars after 13 month and 25k km (15.5k miles) also mostly local driving. The plastic B-pillar covers just look cheap. I would always recommend race tex or leather b-pillars if possible.
I enter the Taycan the same way I enter my GT3 and last few 911's. The B pillar is positioned more forward than those cars. I rub up against it (mostly exiting the car) and over time it has shown some wear. I am 5'11 and weight 170, so its not that I am a larger individual.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I am 5'11 and weight 170, so its not that I am a larger individual.
Ok, interesting. I'm 6'10 and weight ~220. I guess my seat even more back than yours and I do not use the comfort/easy entry function. Maybe I have the better technique to enter and leave the car 😂 😂

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Ok, interesting. I'm 6'10 and weight ~220. I guess my seat even more back than yours and I do not use the comfort/easy entry function. Maybe I have the better technique to enter and leave the car 😂 😂
Doubt it, you are just probably just decades younger :confused:

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag

You're 6 feet 10 inches?

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
You're 6 feet 10 inches?
haha, I think something went wrong with the conversion from metric to imperial system 😂 😂 😂
I'm 6 foot 1 or in metric system 186cm

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I ordered racetex b pillars on my GTS. I didn't like how the uppers are racetex and then just switches to plastic.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
race tex would be a great option. I overlooked that and regret the plastic.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I retrofitted the lower B-pillar with alcantara at the local saddler but color match was not perfect, as it look different with every kind of light and agle.
but I like it so far, could have even better with grey interiour...

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I retrofitted the lower B-pillar with alcantara at the local saddler but color match was not perfect, as it look different with every kind of light and agle.
but I like it so far, could have even better with grey interiour...
I bet that was a lot cheaper
Sponsored