Back seats 2+1

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Unfortunately i've gone from "definite no" to "definite yes" and now to "NFI" mostly because of this thread :CWL:
Here is how I see it, did you buy the car to put 3 people in the back? If so, get an SUV. Everything each of us says is personal opinion. I for one don't like mixing the 18 way with the back seats having a different look, some love it. I don't like that you pick up another head bolster in a window you can't see out of already. If you gut says I want it and you get it, you won't remember 1 hour after you drive it that you did or didn't get it. I would however be mindful of the $138,600 residual limit on specing a 4S as going overboard will look good for you and a treat to whomever gets this car after your desire has moved onto "Porsche Next" model.
Sponsored

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Am i the only one thinking: This storage Shell between the back seats is pretty ugly if you do not opt for back seats 2+1 ?
no offence, but it was a very clear decision...

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Am i the only one thinking: This storage Shell between the back seats is pretty ugly if you do not opt for back seats 2+1 ?
i really don’t know because I think also the center seats with no legs space Is awful and the security belt under left passenger shoulder is not good.

the center seats is makeshift...

the center storage is not very beautiful but it’s in the exact position of the 2 usb c so it’s useful

i think to close my order without 2+1 also probably because I need it near 4/5 times in a year

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A few posts noting that the third headrest blocks out the rear view mirror. This is not the case for me, I took the below photo from my eye level and it is not at all restricting my view. I guess it depends on how tall you are and / or how you set up your seat and mirror? I am 6'3" which I guess changes the angles a bit.

Porsche Taycan Back seats 2+1 IMG_7436

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can move the headrest up and down but it does not appear to come out completely. Regardless it doesn’t really obscure the view when it’s in it lowest position.
Agreed that it doesn’t block the view.

But for those who are concerned, the headrest can be completely removed if needed by using a second, less obvious button, on the other side from the button used to adjust the height of the headrest.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
But for those who are concerned, the headrest can be completely removed if needed by using a second, less obvious button, on the other side from the button used to adjust the height of the headrest.
Then it's exactly like on my (newly sold) A4, which is not surprising since they're both Volkswagen group cars.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Exactly. It is not the same as the Panamera which looks much better in between the 2 rear seats. Obviously it is all a personal decision, but the 2+1 looks more finished with the extra leather. The storage shell is useless. Nothing will stay put when you drive the Taycan like a Porsche.

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
Exactly. It is not the same as the Panamera which looks much better in between the 2 rear seats. Obviously it is all a personal decision, but the 2+1 looks more finished with the extra leather. The storage shell is useless. Nothing will stay put when you drive the Taycan like a Porsche.
I agree, I would have preferred leather all the way across. I didn't know that was a tradeoff I was making at the time. Hopefully for the next set of customers this thread will at least help them make an informed decision. Someone with 2+1 seating on both 14 way and 18 way seats should post some photos as well.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
2+1 is excellent for utility of the vehicle.
  1. For the occasional 5th passenger.
  2. For the easy fold down seat to allow rear passenger to get and store things in trunk while car is in motion or store purse without being seen in a parking lot.
  3. And to carry long things without compromising a 4 seater. Like an 8ft 4x4 on that occasional Home Depot run. I know there is skis and golf, but I don't do those.
Porsche Taycan Back seats 2+1 IMG_20201221_154359
Porsche Taycan Back seats 2+1 IMG_20201221_160116

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
  2. For the easy fold down seat to allow rear passenger to get and store things in trunk while car is in motion or store purse without being seen in a parking lot.
  3. And to carry long things without compromising a 4 seater. Like an 8ft 4x4 on that occasional Home Depot run. I know there is skis and golf, but I don't do those.
IMG_20201221_154359.jpg
IMG_20201221_160116.jpg
Surely that massive post never fitted in there! really?!
Best utilitarian use of a Taycan I’ve seen so far, congrats! ?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
IMG_20201221_154359.jpg
IMG_20201221_160116.jpg
Looks like you needed a truck and not an EV. Maybe the Cybertruck is in your future.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like you needed a truck and not an EV. Maybe the Cybertruck is in your future.
It would be a Rivian if I were to go that way. But it's only for the occasional usage. Generally just people in it. :cool: