W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
just curious - is there a way to confirm that I do in fact have the battery plus in my car (like my invoice says)?
Yes.

Go to My Porsche website (not mobile) and there will be an area to review the technical details of your car which will list most options including the battery. All based on your VIN.

Go to your dealer and ask for a print out.

As I said before the range listed is on the money at this stage for PB+
Sponsored

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
The miles to "empty" figure updates based on driving style/conditions (so it does go up and down) and as others have noticed the use of the HVAC and seat heating has a big impact on range. It is a little disconcerting to middle aged (and not tech savvy) guys like me to see my range estimate fluctuate but on the plus side 200-250 miles is the maximum range for my bladder so stopping to charge doesnt really bother me on long trips!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I charged to 100% today as I had a lot of driving to do.

Porsche Taycan Battery not providing proper range? IMG_0229

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
This is I tersting. I have my car for 4 weeks and no long trips. I tried plan to navigate to the alps this summer. PCM plans 3 15 minute stops, ABPR however plans 6 stops. Which one to trust.
PCM all day long. It just works and in my 9000 kms so far I have found the at arrival battery charge and charging time etc to be precise to the % or minute. Even when coming into the autobahn in Germany for the first time in weeks where I will cruise at 200km/h where allowed the car predicts perfectly where I’ll need to stop and the charge on arrival.

in fact I think it’s so good that I don’t even bother fully charging my car before leaving if I have a long trip; the penalty will be just ~5 minutes more at the charger, which is usually a welcome addition for me to take a coffee. I fully trust the pcm, and I have zero stress I will run out, just like I had zero stress before in my pétrole car. I trust the range and I know there will always be somewhere to fill up.

JM Lora

First Name
Jeanlora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I have a 2022 RWD. One of the options I bought is the performance battery plus. I thought when it is fully charged I should have just over 300 miles of range. however when I charge it to 85%, The car says I only have 207 miles of range - see below. is it possible that I don’t actually have the performance battery plus even though I bought and paid for it?
BD11FDCC-BA6B-4812-8A6C-CDC8E4BDBB88.jpeg

[/QUOTi
If you want to know if you have the PB, you can pay $10 usd and check your Vin in Suncoast parts web page and they send you the vin decoder with all info of your car.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S with mission E wheels and PB+ I have done 11,000 miles since November and I have never had over 190 miles at 85%

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a 4S with mission E wheels and PB+ I have done 11,000 miles since November and I have never had over 190 miles at 85%
US forum members in sunny climbs always get more miles on any battery. The best I saw was 300 miles from someone in Florida.

Yours sounds low - similar mileage and I ways get around 210 at 85% but I've only used ultrafast DC charging 3 times since new. Perhaps that's a factor too?

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
US forum members in sunny climbs always get more miles on any battery. The best I saw was 300 miles from someone in Florida.

Yours sounds low - similar mileage and I ways get around 210 at 85% but I've only used ultrafast DC charging 3 times since new. Perhaps that's a factor too?
Ok the majority of my charging is on a 22kW charger, however 350kW DC charger I have used approximately 15 to 20 times

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a 2022 RWD. One of the options I bought is the performance battery plus. I thought when it is fully charged I should have just over 300 miles of range. however when I charge it to 85%, The car says I only have 207 miles of range - see below. is it possible that I don’t actually have the performance battery plus even though I bought and paid for it?
BD11FDCC-BA6B-4812-8A6C-CDC8E4BDBB88.jpeg
That is totally normal. And that will drop considerably in the winter at temps 45 degrees and below.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I charged to 100% today as I had a lot of driving to do.

IMG_0229.jpeg
If I extrapolate mine out from 85%, I get about the same as you. I'd also be interested the number of actual miles you get from this charge.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
This was my best range, with PB+, back in Aug 2021. It's not even the highest I've seen on this forum, I recall someone got 330.
Porsche Taycan Battery not providing proper range? IMG_4351.PNG
Sponsored