RKZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Panamera GTS sold 2023 Taycan 4s Arrived!
Country flag
OK, officially confused. BTW, have a '23 Taycan 4s on the train to Emden, my first EV. Have a BMW X5 45e hybrid which doesn't matter. With respect to EV's I read conflicting reports re: what % of battery to charge. Is 80% the maximum recommended? Some speak to charging at 100% and then I read articles indicating that anything over 80-85% will degrade the battery. And, to spice things up a bit, Porsche is constantly updating software that will or will not extend range. WTF? What % of charge is appropriate? Thinking of selling all my 4 cars and riding a horse!
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: B61

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Some speak to charging at 100% and then I read articles indicating that anything over 80-85% will degrade the battery.
Hello fellow STL person.

Charge to 85% unless you are going on a long trip or will otherwise be using it immediately. Don’t let it sit at 100% for long periods of time.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
OK, officially confused. BTW, have a '23 Taycan 4s on the train to Emden, my first EV. Have a BMW X5 45e hybrid which doesn't matter. With respect to EV's I read conflicting reports re: what % of battery to charge. Is 80% the maximum recommended? Some speak to charging at 100% and then I read articles indicating that anything over 80-85% will degrade the battery. And, to spice things up a bit, Porsche is constantly updating software that will or will not extend range. WTF? What % of charge is appropriate? Thinking of selling all my 4 cars and riding a horse!
From what I understand, 85% is a good “daily” charge limit. If you anticipate a longer trip you may chart to 100% without fear of degrading g the battery system.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, officially confused.
Thinking of selling all my 4 cars and riding a horse!
You can ride an average, healthy and energetic horse for 25 and 35 miles (40 – 56.5 km) in one day in ideal conditions. However, most of them will successfully handle only 15 and 20 miles (24 – 32 km) a day with enough water, food, and rest. Keep in mind that distance traveled also depends on you, weather conditions, terrain, and equipment you use.
How Far Can A Horse Travel In A Day?

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
You can ride an average, healthy and energetic horse for 25 and 35 miles (40 – 56.5 km) in one day in ideal conditions. However, most of them will successfully handle only 15 and 20 miles (24 – 32 km) a day with enough water, food, and rest. Keep in mind that distance traveled also depends on you, weather conditions, terrain, and equipment you use.
How Far Can A Horse Travel In A Day?
Pros of horse riding:
-No electricity needed to charge the beast
- No tax to pay for using the roads and beast
- all weather hoofs can conquer any terrain Without worry about scratches and dings
Cons:
- could be more temperamental than the prancing horse on a Ferrari
- poop clean up
- methane emissions would get your snubbed out of “Eco societies”
- Vet bills can be more drastic than your Taycans abnoxious cost of service

Kippax

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tursimo
Country flag
What’s a “decent” miles per kWh? I picked up my ST RWD 10 days ago and my total average so far is 2.3 which is only giving me 160 range based on the 270 miles I’ve driven so far. I’ve not needed to use AC, outside temp has been mild and I’ve been doing a mix of school runs and motorway. Underwhelmed so far.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Wait at least to a couple thousands of miles…till next spring with nicer outside temps,…

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
What’s a “decent” miles per kWh? I picked up my ST RWD 10 days ago and my total average so far is 2.3 which is only giving me 160 range based on the 270 miles I’ve driven so far. I’ve not needed to use AC, outside temp has been mild and I’ve been doing a mix of school runs and motorway. Underwhelmed so far.
Also, unlikely your regen brakes have started to be used yet, so you'll get some uplift from that in a few 100 miles time.
That said, my CT4S (performance+ battery) is only returning 2.4m/kw which is about 200 miles on that battery. I think you should be hoping for in the region of 3m/kw to get to promised ranges. Best mine has ever really done is about 2.8, and i'm not getting close to that. Maybe autumn vs summer temperatures is the difference. No idea if a temperature reduction of about 10 degrees should account for that.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I barely get 300km (187mil) on 100% charge.

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
, 718 Spyder, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Pros of horse riding:
-No electricity needed to charge the beast
- No tax to pay for using the roads and beast
- all weather hoofs can conquer any terrain Without worry about scratches and dings
Cons:
- could be more temperamental than the prancing horse on a Ferrari
- poop clean up
- methane emissions would get your snubbed out of “Eco societies”
- Vet bills can be more drastic than your Taycans abnoxious cost of service
Plus horse dentist, summer rugs, winter rugs, saddles, various bandages plus all the seasons clothing for the rider.
Let alone horse feed, supplements and lots of hay.
Also cost of stables or agistment, fencing, paddock upkeep etc.
Been there, done that!
Porsche services are very cheap in comparison to running a horse/horses.
Sponsored