W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Best I've done so far on my RWD...I don't often charge to 100%.

I do have the performance plus battery.

IMG_4086.jpg
So what happens when you switch your AC on and drive in Normal for say 4 miles - what is your SOC then?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It should keep getting better! Here's my charge to 100% today on my 2021 RWD with PBP:

IMG_4351.PNG

This is after 1600 miles.
What I find staggering is that your indicated range is 42 miles more than my 'personal best' (PB+) of 280 miles. From new (winter) I got 220 miles and on our warmest day of the year I got 280 miles. Now I'm back to 252 miles at best with around 5K miles on the clock.

This is a massive gain.

I guess California is the place to be!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
What I find staggering is that your indicated range is 42 miles more than my 'personal best' (PB+) of 280 miles. From new (winter) I got 220 miles and on our warmest day of the year I got 280 miles. Now I'm back to 252 miles at best with around 5K miles on the clock.

This is a massive gain.

Adrian, or the UK is the place not to be? In the summer, my 4S PB+ routinely shows a 100% SoC range of around 325 miles (with A/C on) and I live in New Jersey. @feye , for example, who lives in Asia, typically has 300+ miles as well. I sometimes get the impression that our UK members systematically report a lower range. Are you Brits all highly dynamic drivers or is there something in the country's topography or climate which may explain this? If there is a "this", of course.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's been exactly two months since I took delivery of my 2021 Taycan 4S. Each time I have charged it the range has increased. Today was the best yet. 277 miles after 100% charge. My 4S has the standard battery and not the battery plus option. I am extremely please with the overall performance of my 4S.

tempImageDGD7FX.png
what size wheels? I have the same and normally I get 245 at 100% with 20” wheels

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Adrian, or the UK is the place not to be? In the summer, my 4S PB+ routinely shows a 100% SoC range of around 325 miles (with A/C on) and I live in New Jersey. @feye , for example, who lives in Asia, typically has 300+ miles as well. I sometimes get the impression that our UK members systematically report a lower range. Are you Brits all highly dynamic drivers or is there something in the country's topography or climate which may explain this? If there is a "this", of course.
Ha ha! I drive sedately. My theory is the climate (North East Scotland - same latitude as Calgary) and we don't get tropical temperatures or much humidity). Today's it's 16C (summertime!) but we've had the odd day at high twenties.

Perhaps US models have been 'tweaked' to tap into the hidden 15% of usable battery as the difference is more than adding PB+ in the first place which is nuts!

BTW I'm Irish ;-)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Ha ha! I drive sedately. My theory is the climate (North East Scotland - same latitude as Calgary) and we don't get tropical temperatures or much humidity). Today's it's 16C (summertime!) but we've had the odd day at high twenties.

Perhaps US models have been 'tweaked' to tap into the hidden 15% of usable battery as the difference is more than adding PB+ in the first place which is nuts!

BTW I'm Irish ;-)
Oops, sorry.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag

This is a massive gain.

Well keep in mind I just had completed an 900 mile road trip so the range estimates were probably based largely on my consumption during that trip, which was quite low. My guess is the 100% estimate would go down once I start driving a few charge cycles with just daily city driving.

OP
OP
ampitup

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This was my last full charge without the battery plus option.
Porsche Taycan Best Range Yet After 100% Charge tempImage16JOAN

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
This was my last full charge without the battery plus option.
tempImage16JOAN.png
This is the best I’ve been able to achieve thus far in the summer here.

And this is after a month of “training” the estimated mileage by driving in Range mode only with Eco Plus and a *very* sedate driving style.

The British Battery Curse?

Porsche Taycan Best Range Yet After 100% Charge FC5F728B-6900-404A-80A2-94AFEF3C65F5

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
So what happens when you switch your AC on and drive in Normal for say 4 miles - what is your SOC then?
I saw this message before my daily Starbucks run which is exactly 4 miles, so I can answer this!

I live in Texas so the AC is -always- on.

I started my day at 85% charge, 247 miles.
My trip was 22 minutes, 4 miles, average speed 11mph, consumption 0.6 kWh/mi.

My indicated SoC is now 83% and 240 miles of range.

My driving style is acceleration-heavy which results in a lot of braking.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Best I’ve seen with range mode activated. 4S battery +.

Porsche Taycan Best Range Yet After 100% Charge 5BC0913A-A1CA-4946-B9B1-D6BB7CF3FB17

mkpierro

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
It's been exactly two months since I took delivery of my 2021 Taycan 4S. Each time I have charged it the range has increased. Today was the best yet. 277 miles after 100% charge. My 4S has the standard battery and not the battery plus option. I am extremely please with the overall performance of my 4S.

tempImageDGD7FX.png
Wow, I have the 4S since May without the performance battery and I only get about 250 miles at 100%.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I think you take the podium for this one BUT what happened once you drove off with AC on (not ECO / ECO Plus / Off) - how much did it drop?
I drove 170 miles in range mode with ECO AC on and cooled seats and was perfectly comfortable. Ended up at 48% SOC.

I usually drive in normal mode with regular AC and rarely charge to 100%. My daily 80% charge has been showing 247mi lately.

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I drove 170 miles in range mode with ECO AC on and cooled seats and was perfectly comfortable. Ended up at 48% SOC.

I usually drive in normal mode with regular AC and rarely charge to 100%. My daily 80% charge has been showing 247mi lately.
So I’ve had my RWD for 2 weeks and charging to 85% shows 204 miles. I drive in normal mode and have the battery +. So seeing the range achievements on this board has me thinking that something is wrong with my car…did anyone else see lower ranges at 2 weeks?
Sponsored