Brand new 4S consistently only getting 210 miles a charge?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
CT4 with 5K miles over 3 months and I have only been getting 190 miles on 85% soc consistently :( I'm in the northeast US so hoping the warmer weather will give me a bump. Would be good to see it go to at least 250 miles at 100%.
Are those ~25 miles that important to your daily routine? Genuinely asking. I barely ever need more than 225 miles on a single charge.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
18 months on with my 4S now, over 10k miles, temperate area, averages around 55-60F most of the time, up to 70-80 for brief period in the late summer/early fall. Consistently get 210-220 miles of range at 100%. Hit 235 during dead of summer once or twice. No way I will ever see 250-280 miles of range in my car. Note, when I put my specs into the Porsche range estimator, along with driving/road type and temperature,it estimates 210 miles of range, so it’s pretty dead on what they claim. I think the mistake some people who are disappointed made was by either a) referring back to Porsche’s rough estimate back when the Mission E prototype was first disclosed (which was a joke), or b) believing the WLTP standards are anywhere remotely comparable to real world driving.

mocsman

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Are those ~25 miles that important to your daily routine? Genuinely asking. I barely ever need more than 225 miles on a single charge.
Good question. I don’t for my d2d driving but I drive long distances during my daughter’s cheer competition and I’m planning a 1k mile trip to Orlando next month. For example, I did a 370 mile trip to Boston last week and that extra 25 miles could have meant having to just stop once instead of twice to get there comfortably/confidently.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Good question. I don’t for my d2d driving but I drive long distances during my daughter’s cheer competition and I’m planning a 1k mile trip to Orlando next month. For example, I did a 370 mile trip to Boston last week and that extra 25 miles could have meant having to just stop once instead of twice to get there comfortably/confidently.
I agree that it could inspire some confidence given the state of the charging network. If one EA station is down it can be sketchy trying to make it to another fast charger.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In UK, used 4s with battery +: Did a 100 mile run today 100% charge had shown 240 miles.
Mostly in Range mode 65 on motor way. Few A roads. Probably just about would have managed 240 miles max.
Heaters on, heated seats on. How do you re - set the consumption meter to start from scratch?
Select trip display on right hand tube and press the thumb wheel in to further select reset.

Can also be done via the app.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
My 97 993 gets under 200 miles range per tank. Then I have to drive to a gas station, it stinks, and spend 5x more $$. I prefer the taycan and charging at home while we sleep :)
Sponsored