Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Charging NA app simply won't let me log in - it's stuck in Demo mode, and after logging in just shows "Login required. You are not logged in, so you cannot access this function" - in its typical fashion.

The Porsche Connect app shows all EA stations grayed out, and shows the red banner at the top: "Error when loading E-Stations (error: 233_GR_CM)"

I sent an email to [email protected] and we'll see how they respond. So far, it's been a wild emotional rollercoaster with EV and Taycan, in particular.

Screenshot_20211130-092933_Charging.png

Screenshot_20211130-093252_Connect.png
Like you, I have a 2021 Taycan 4S, but I’ve never used the Charging NA app to charge because when I plug in, EA automatically begins the charge without any input on my part. You should have the same capability with your car, so I’d investigate why your plug and charge isn’t activated.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Just got back from an EA session not too far from my home. Plug and charge didn't work, even though it has at this location and stall before. I had the same issue with the charging NA app not letting me in. After a few login attempts though, it let me in and worked and I was able to charge it for free.

Really annoying how inconsistent it is though.

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Just got back from an EA session not too far from my home. Plug and charge didn't work, even though it has at this location and stall before. I had the same issue with the charging NA app not letting me in. After a few login attempts though, it let me in and worked and I was able to charge it for free.

Really annoying how inconsistent it is though.
I just tested my Charging NA app on both iOS and Android devices. It lets me login and says contract valid. Finally !!

jermainec87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2021
Country flag
I just tested my Charging NA app on both iOS and Android devices. It lets me login and says contract valid. Finally !!
Mine is still not working, did you have to do anything to get it working again?

i'm able to login but it saids i have no contract

so sad, this was working 2 days ago =(

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Mine is still not working, did you have to do anything to get it working again?

i'm able to login but it saids i have no contract

so sad, this was working 2 days ago =(
I had previously been logged out of all my Porsche apps (Connect and My Porsche), possibly by them as part of the fix. Logging back in to both apps and the Charging NA worked unexpectedly.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
this still does _NOT_ apply to the 2020 Taycan’s since 19.2 kw/22 kw onboard charger was not an option for North American Taycan’s in that generation.

I still await any data that confirms Plug&Charge support for 2020 Taycan‘s in North America - so far we have a software update that addresses a _KNOWN_ limitation with 19.2 kW chargers in the 2021 and beyond model. Ok so your broken 2021 19.2 kW Taycan can be fixed - that doesn’t mean plug&charger works across the line.
fair enough, but don't shoot the messenger. Apologies that this doesn't work for 2020 models. I was simply passing on the information and update that I received.

I was one of a rare breed that got an update early when I purchased this with the 19.2kW that allowed me to have plug-n-charge as a 2021 model. I was passing this along as now others with a 2021 can now get the same benefits that I was receiving.

I must say, it was working 80% for P'n'C before and now it is 100%, but there is a trade-off with some other quirky things that are now happening with apple car play.

I truly hope that you with 2020 MY can get the same update, but for now just wanted to let those that can benefit from this, that it is available and works well.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Received an acknowledgement of the issue by email. Whew! At least, THEY KNOW that it's broken!!
looks like you have a 2021, if you install the WML2 update, you won't need the Charging App, it has worked 100% PnC since.
Even if you were stuck in a bind, if you call EA service, they can start the session remotely and apply it to the Charging NA account for no charges.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I can confirm that I also am able to login to my Charging NA app again, and I noticed there was a popup that said "Valid Contract" at the bottom.

As a potentially HUGE plus, for the first time ever, when I go to My Vehicles, I now see my vehicle listed!

Porsche Taycan Cannot charge at Electrify America right now?! WTF IMG_2D51862070AE-1

I used to always get some error about a backend server before, and I suspect this is the reason I could never get Plug & Charge to work. If my theory is correct, I should be able to Plug & Charge now. Will have to test the next time I visit an EA station...

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
this is interesting. I have the same (Turbo my20) "P&C enabled". but it never worked on Ionity or any other network for what is worth, i.e. I have to use the RFID or the app. Is there anyone else in Europe able to P&C? at what network?

Porsche Taycan Cannot charge at Electrify America right now?! WTF IMG_24645CD4923E-1

I can confirm that I also am able to login to my Charging NA app again, and I noticed there was a popup that said "Valid Contract" at the bottom.

As a potentially HUGE plus, for the first time ever, when I go to My Vehicles, I now see my vehicle listed!

IMG_2D51862070AE-1.jpeg

I used to always get some error about a backend server before, and I suspect this is the reason I could never get Plug & Charge to work. If my theory is correct, I should be able to Plug & Charge now. Will have to test the next time I visit an EA station...

OP
OP
mod72346

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Like you, I have a 2021 Taycan 4S, but I’ve never used the Charging NA app to charge because when I plug in, EA automatically begins the charge without any input on my part. You should have the same capability with your car, so I’d investigate why your plug and charge isn’t activated.
P&C was enabled initially by dealer recommendation, and I wasn't able to charge at some EA locations at all -- because it would fail with timeouts and car communication issues. So, I disabled P&C and relied on apps to initiate charging - that worked more or less consistently at most, if not all EA stations.

Few weeks ago, I re-enabled P&C hoping for the better outcome, and determined that at some EA locations it simply works, and at other EA locations I have to kick off with the app (moments after plugging in), otherwise it will timeout and fail.

Like today, I spent 5-10 minutes trying to P&C and it just timed out and failed 2-3 times in a row. Then, at the same stall, I tried cable #2 - and it just worked. So, it's the usual WTF experience.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
P&C was enabled initially by dealer recommendation, and I wasn't able to charge at some EA locations at all -- because it would fail with timeouts and car communication issues. So, I disabled P&C and relied on apps to initiate charging - that worked more or less consistently at most, if not all EA stations.

Few weeks ago, I re-enabled P&C hoping for the better outcome, and determined that at some EA locations it simply works, and at other EA locations I have to kick off with the app (moments after plugging in), otherwise it will timeout and fail.

Like today, I spent 5-10 minutes trying to P&C and it just timed out and failed 2-3 times in a row. Then, at the same stall, I tried cable #2 - and it just worked. So, it's the usual WTF experience.
I could not get P&C to reliably work with my car (2021). I've spent hours on different days, with and without EA and with and without Porsche support involved. I've been at the dealer several times, with their service dept etc looking at it.

It will work on one day, and then the same charger won't work a few days later - without me having changed anything on the car or app(s). in other locations it never works, even though there are fellow forum members that reliably charge there.

I've given up. I prefer using the app and taking one possible failure out of the mix.

In my experience EA chargers in the PNW seem to work only about half the time as it is, no need to tilt the odds further.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
......Then, at the same stall, I tried cable #2 - and it just worked. So, it's the usual WTF experience.
This has happened to me a lot and has been verified as a way to troubleshoot when I have called in to EA. My hope is that this yields someone a solution while at the stall, if the first cable does not create a connection, try the second cable before going to a different stall.

One other trick (don't ask me why this worked) while on the phone, they said to try to connect only after the car is powered off and not simply in park. I initially laughed as there is no logic that woudl indicate that this would produce a fix for the session. However, after powering the car off, connecting the cable, it recognized and made the PnC connect perfectly (don't ask me why...).

So, two things to try if you are having challenges. 1. Try the other cable of the same stall/bank. 2. ensure that the vehicle is powered off/down before connecting the charging cable.

The last one, I also got information from the EA rep about. It seems that throughout November and December, they are pushing out updates to the 350kW stalls. When this happens, they 'power down' the 350kW stall and it will only be able to deliver 49-50kW of power (basically makes it an EV-Go station). I also have noticed that any of my challenges recently have been with the 350kW stall. So, my final suggestion, if you are having challenges and the above 2 do not solve it, would be to try one of the 150kW stalls vs. trying to get the 350kW to work. I mention this as it would normally be a Taycan owners last option, due to being one of the only vehicles that can actually benefit from the charging speed above 150kW. However, it may just be your best option while they are performing updates to ensure that you can get back on the road at a reasonable time frame and not be stuck with a base-level-2 charging speed and wait 45min to charge 40%.

I Hope that helps and realize that I am not a EA rep, this is not trying to solve their 'issues', it is just an attempt to help out other Taycan owners get back on the road as quickly as possible with as much juice as possible, in the shortest amount of time.

Cheers!

Last edited:

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I could not get P&C to reliably work with my car (2021). I've spent hours on different days, with and without EA and with and without Porsche support involved. I've been at the dealer several times, with their service dept etc looking at it.

It will work on one day, and then the same charger won't work a few days later - without me having changed anything on the car or app(s). in other locations it never works, even though there are fellow forum members that reliably charge there.

I've given up. I prefer using the app and taking one possible failure out of the mix.

In my experience EA chargers in the PNW seem to work only about half the time as it is, no need to tilt the odds further.
Yeah, yours and @mod72346 experiences are the reason I gave up trying to troubleshoot P&C and resorted to just using the app. When I'm on a road trip, the last thing I want is to waste 10 minutes fiddling with getting a charge started, especially when the stop was only going to be say 15 minutes to begin with (ie 15 minutes of actual charging). It's worse during the baking California summer heat.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, yours and @mod72346 experiences are the reason I gave up trying to troubleshoot P&C and resorted to just using the app. When I'm on a road trip, the last thing I want is to waste 10 minutes fiddling with getting a charge started, especially when the stop was only going to be say 15 minutes to begin with (ie 15 minutes of actual charging). It's worse during the baking California summer heat.
Fiddling with the stupid thing for 10-15 min is totally the kind of thing that can be anything from "not really a big deal" (in mild weather in the sun, alone, with nobody waiting in line) to "incredibly stressful and painful" (in heavy rain, with the whole family in tow waiting, with other cars waiting to charge)

abjr3939

First Name
AB JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Not sure. I only noticed it today. I haven’t looked at the ap in a few days.
theCharge NA started working on Wednesday was able to charge the Taycan!! No call back from 800 number like promised.
Sponsored