Charger Recall Campaign - How to apply for your voucher/check

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I’m not sweating it, but I still feel justified to be disappointed in how they are handling it.
IMO they’re handling it far better than Audi …. Audi uses what I suspect is the exact same EVSE and cables, except thePorsche logo and Audi logo are swapped.

Audi’s recall, paraphrased: Just keep using the EVSE…but you’re only allowed to use it at 50% rated output. We’ll get around to fixing it someday.

I’ll happily accept $600 from Porsche to install another EVSE while waiting for a cable. Charging an e-tron (SUV) at half rate is a poor solution, given how range-limited that vehicle is to begin with, and I’m thankful I’m not dependent on their EVSE to do it.
Sponsored

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s about expectations, while no one here bought the car for the EVSE the car came with one and people expected it to work. It does have a weird feeling to pick up your shiny new toy only to find you can’t charge it when you get home. So you’re then rushing to research and buy another charger. You could always use a public charger in a pinch, but that’s yet another inconvenience - these are all unwanted events that I think people reasonably feel they shouldn’t have to deal with.

$600 isn’t going to break anyone who’s buying these - bringing that up seems unnecessary. ;)
I don’t about you but while waiting for mine to be delivered I have already researched everything on YouTube and had the equipment installed well in advance.

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don’t about you but while waiting for mine to be delivered I have already researched everything on YouTube and had the equipment installed well in advance.
My plan was to use the included charger with my 50A outlet so I didn't do any research or prep because none was necessary.

The sales person had confirmed the morning of delivery that it would be coming with the 220 plug (I wasn't aware of the recall) so I was blind-sided by this info when I picked it up that night.

I already had a Tesla wall charger (that I was going to unplug) so I ended up rush ordering an adapter off Amazon - whatever I could get next-day - but then I found out the next day that Best Buy sells the Tesla universal charger locally, so I ran over there, bought one, then swapped my prior Tesla charger with the Universal myself.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Bought a charge point and submitted it today. I guess I will see how long it takes to get the check.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I submitted a claim for $584 for the charge point flex hardwired on 2-17 and received the check via fedex today (2-29). No email from Porsche acknowledging or approving the submission. But Porsche paid it without question or hassle. The charge point was installed yesterday coincidentally and works great.
Good data point. I submitted a charger I purchased in December. We'll see if they approve. They sent you a check for $584 or $600?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Does the purchase of the home charger have to occur AFTER notification of the recall? I purchased a Juicebox 40 one year ago (prior to the recall) - can I use the receipt for this purchase?

Thanks
No.
I bought my replacement home charger last year. I struggled to recover an adequate receipt for the Juice Box which I got from Costco for $499 + tax.

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
I just got my check from the claim, it comes in a Fedex "adult signature required" mail from "JP Morgen Chase" and they need to file your DOB in order to sign it.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I got a similar auto-response soon after submitting mine for the Tesla universal charger
Same here. Submitted my request via email and got an automated email response/confirmation almost immediately.

D2G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here. Submitted my request via email and got an automated email response/confirmation almost immediately.
Likewise, received the auto-response soon after submitting mine for the Tesla J1772 charger I purchased in July.

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
I got a $750. credit from my local dealer so I did my best to spend it all. I went with an Autel MaxiCharger AC Elite Home 50A EV Charger. It has a great app and has a 25 foot cable.

My service manage said it could 8 to 10 weeks for the reimbursement check to arrive. We shall see.

To be all matchy matchy, I added a mamba green Porsche sticker to the front of the case.

Porsche Taycan Charger Recall Campaign - How to apply for your voucher/check autel_install

Draff1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, ‘17 911 C4S, ‘23 SQ8
Country flag
Has anyone compared the companion apps for the Autel, juicebox and Charge point? I'm leaning toward the CP but also heard good things about the Autel. I think the functionality of the app may be the tie breaker.

joelgjr

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan
Country flag
I received the automated email immediately but its been 6 weeks and no check yet. I wrote back to the email address but just received the automated email again. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the timing of the checks and as far as I know no one has ever actually received a reply from a human?

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Apologies if this has already been posted, but didn't see it - thought I'd save someone the time it takes to call Porsche and obtain.

To apply for the (up to $600) credit

Email: [email protected]

With the following info:

• Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
• Proof of Ownership (e.g., an image of the sales contract, registration, or title)
• Proof of purchase of 3rd party mobile charger
• Mailing address
• Preference for a check or service voucher

Results in an automated response:

"Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars North America. Your claim will be handled in the order it was received. Please anticipate receiving a check by mail within approximately 4 weeks or a service voucher in approximately 3 business days via email, dependent on your chosen option. If you haven't already provided the necessary information below, kindly resend it to avoid any delays in processing your reimbursement claim. "

Cheers! (bought the Chargepoint Flex via Amazon)
Has anyone purchased a replacement charger and if so, what did you choose to replace the Porsche charger (EVSE)?

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Has anyone compared the companion apps for the Autel, juicebox and Charge point? I'm leaning toward the CP but also heard good things about the Autel. I think the functionality of the app may be the tie breaker.
I’d like to know as well.
Sponsored