JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I replaced my stock amber side marker lights with the Euro clear/white side marker lights in my jet black 2022 today. It took me less than 5 mins per side and it makes a world of difference in the appearance. I highly recommend this minor modification!

One note I wanted to call out, many folks who have already made this modification and added instructions stated to remove one screw within the wheel well skirt for easier access to the side marker. Honestly you do not need to add this step, just use a T15 on a ratchet wrench to the fastener that holds the side marker light. Turn your wheel all the way to the side and you can see/feel the fastener. Its just that simple and fast to remove and change out!
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Marker Lights installed porscheamber
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Marker Lights installed porscheclear

Payton48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Agreed, except I used a T20 which fit perfectly. I didn't bother pre-threading the hole in the new side marker either, no need.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed, except I used a T20 which fit perfectly. I didn't bother pre-threading the hole in the new side marker either, no need.
Oh wow thats odd mine worked perfectly with a T15, oh well. I did pre- threading just to make it go in easier.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If yours was like mine (purchased from Suncoast but otherwise OEM), the fit is just a little bit off. I don’t mind or see it anymore, but it’s not entirely flush with the body.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If yours was like mine (purchased from Suncoast but otherwise OEM), the fit is just a little bit off. I don’t mind or see it anymore, but it’s not entirely flush with the body.
They are from there and yes I did notice that but not off to make me care or want to replace them back. I am glad you sent this I though it was just me!

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My amber ones from the factory did bulge out just a smidge for me. I just installed a pair of clear ones today and they also stick out just a little on the wheel side. Not a big deal imo.

For me, a T15 fit better.

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nice -- I did this too a few weeks ago; looks much better in my opinion.
I needed a T20 (torx) screw also -- I think it may depend on the model year? Mine is a 2020.
With a ratchet it is much easier to access the screw without the wheel getting into the way, and pre-threading really helps! The hardest part for me was to push the sides of the connector at the right place to unlock it.

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Marker Lights installed light-install

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Btw, very cool wheel color combo with the interior ! What is the exact color? Can you post a photo of the interior as well (is it atacama or crayon?). Like the Porsche logo on the wall as well -- a true fan :cool:

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Btw, very cool wheel color combo with the interior ! What is the exact color? Can you post a photo of the interior as well (is it atacama or crayon?). Like the Porsche logo on the wall as well -- a true fan :cool:
Thank you I appreciate the positive feedback. The wheels are gloss black and chalk. The interior is tan and black.
i love the Porsche logo on the wall. My kids made it for. Thanks again.

fika

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I know this is an old thread but I just did this mod. I found that it was much easier to turn the wheel the same direction as the marker you are removing. You can fit pretty much anything in the wheel well in this position (first pic with orange marker).

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Marker Lights installed PXL_20230725_040134005

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Marker Lights installed PXL_20230725_040120919

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I love this mod as well. I asked my PPF installer to do it since it is good to have them off to wrap the film. I only did the front bumper with colored fins and headlights, lower parts of the doors, and a bit behind rear wheels, but not the hood as not to distort the true color, although the film does a good job on being invisible.

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Marker Lights installed 1690291867390

allen545

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s
Country flag
Just added the clear ones to my Carmine Red GTS sedan. So easy....less than 10 minutes per side. Pics soon...
Sponsored