ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wanted to share on this thread as well, instead of getting the clear side markers I asked my detailer to tint my side markers, I negotiated it into the price of wrap. I am very happy with the results.

See images on the thread I have for my car named Stealth. I think this technique would work best for Volcano Grey and Black vehicles.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/please-welcome-stealth.3531/post-50317

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
US models come standard with amber side markers. Any source for clear in US as in Europe? Or in London, UK area?
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 8006C75E-8657-4ABF-BA53-1DE36B2F36D4

Finally!

Had the time and rainy weather to install the clear side markers. Thanks to all for the great instructions found in this thread, the job was quick and easy. A major improvement over the US stock.

The only color on the car, other than silver or black, now resides with the Porsche crest!

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Just installed the clear side markers on my Black 2021 Taycan Turbo.

before & after photos below:

A98AB8A9-E965-4235-8C0F-1E820639BB89.jpeg

212769D9-1943-48D1-BD68-B7D7785D06A4.jpeg

05D06E7D-B900-41E1-83B5-267A6EC86AFE.jpeg

0723A48C-A366-4DCA-9A76-15428BC017D6.jpeg
I could not find the bushing that everyone describes in their install. I completed it today on a 2021 4S and couldn't find the clip that everyone refers to. Did you see the clip and use it in your install? I wonder if it was removed from the markers for 2021. I looked everywhere. They seem tight and are just a bit larger than the old markers. Thoughts from anyone?

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I could not find the bushing that everyone describes in their install. I completed it today on a 2021 4S and couldn't find the clip that everyone refers to. Did you see the clip and use it in your install? I wonder if it was removed from the markers for 2021. I looked everywhere. They seem tight and are just a bit larger than the old markers. Thoughts from anyone?
They are “U” shaped plastic shims, glued to the old side markers. About 1/8” thick or so. One leg of the “U” larger.

As advised by drivers in this good thread, a careful removal with a box knife does the trick by gently sliding the knife between the shim and the marker. The shims come off quite easily but watch your fingers.

I used contact cement to help hold them in place while I reinstalled the markers.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
They are “U” shaped plastic shims, glued to the old side markers. About 1/8” thick or so. One leg of the “U” larger.

As advised by drivers in this good thread, a careful removal with a box knife does the trick by gently sliding the knife between the shim and the marker. The shims come off quite easily but watch your fingers.

I used contact cement to help hold them in place while I reinstalled the markers.
I have the old amber ones and there are no tabs glued on. The new model sold to me by Porsche was 9J1 953 041F and 042F, wonder if there is a marker change from 2020 models to 2021. The old marker model number is 9J1 945 061F and 062F manufactured on 1/8/2021. Maybe they removed the clips.

Any 2021 owners run into not finding the clips?

ColoradoTaycan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2015 GT3
Country flag
I changed out my lights last night and love the look so much more. Also, while my MY2020 car had spacers they were not U Shaped but covered the whole plastic piece on the lights. Moreover my new ones had larger plastic pieces so the spacers would have never fit in the small space. I installed without the spacers and things seem ok - no unusual gaps and no extra play.

My old lights were produced in July 2020 and new ones were from Jan 2021 so maybe they finally updated the design to not need spacers?

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers AF40C1E0-9217-469E-A464-25CCB7C84452_1_105_c

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Based on what you and @rquinton posted, it appears that Porsche changed the design. The old spacers were a bit odd so I'm glad to hear the markers were modified. As long as you pre-thread the screw (and back it out) in the clear marker before installing it, the new part tightens down fairly well with or without the spacer.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Based on what you and @rquinton posted, it appears that Porsche changed the design. The old spacers were a bit odd so I'm glad to hear the markers were modified. As long as you pre-thread the screw (and back it out) in the clear marker before installing it, the new part tightens down fairly well with or without the spacer.
Bill when I see you next, we will compare markers as I do believe it sticks out a bit wider than the amber markers but not much. There were no clips on the old ones and no clips on the new ones and no clip on the holder. The key to a 2021 install is patience, small hands and the prescrew hint, if you don't do that it will never go in.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
8006C75E-8657-4ABF-BA53-1DE36B2F36D4.jpeg

Finally!

Had the time and rainy weather to install the clear side markers. Thanks to all for the great instructions found in this thread, the job was quick and easy. A major improvement over the US stock.

The only color on the car, other than silver or black, now resides with the Porsche crest!
This is an absolute must IMO, but a minor correction - the side/rear reflectors are still red!!:oops:

There is a thread for replacing these as well, and I thought about it, but probably not - it's somewhat of a safety issue...

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I had the dealer install the clear side markers before delivery this week. It is one of my favourite options on the car! This was the first Taycan they had done. Looks amazing. They didn’t charge me for the lights or the install - but then again I did pay full MSRP for a custom build so it is the least they could do IMO.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I had the dealer install the clear side markers before delivery this week. It is one of my favourite options on the car! This was the first Taycan they had done. Looks amazing. They didn’t charge me for the lights or the install - but then again I did pay full MSRP for a custom build so it is the least they could do IMO.
That's what I'm doing. Told my salesmen to install before delivery.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I got my clear side markers a about a month ago from Suncoast. I ordered them well in advance of the car's arrival because they were supposed to be on backorder from Germany, but as it turned out they showed up in about 10 days.

I can't decide whether to have the dealer do the install or do it myself. I'm having the front end wrapped at the dealer so I assume they will have to remove the amber side markers for that anyway and could just install the clear ones at that time. But will they know about reusing the spacers (if they exist) or the trick with pre-tapping the screw and possibly mess things up? Besides, I kind of like to do stuff like this myself.

I guess I have about another month to decide....

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Switched out the markers a few months back without transferring anything over from the old ones. Got them from Suncoast just like everyone else. It is in there tight with no play but I did read over this thread before installing them. Pre-tapping the screw was the most helpful tip.

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_7247.JPG
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_7244.JPG