Clear Side Markers

imscla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Just wanted to post an update on this. I have a 2021 Taycan base, bought the side markers from Suncoast, came in about a week. I didn’t have a spacer on the old lights, so it was fairly simple once I got them disconnected. They must have changed the design for the 21 model year. Tightening the screws on the back of the new markers was a gigantic pain. Looks a million times better though…
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers E8A01728-79C1-4C8C-89FD-3396A803713D
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 6EAE037C-E38A-42D2-9231-335151945927

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Just wanted to post an update on this. I have a 2021 Taycan base, bought the side markers from Suncoast, came in about a week. I didn’t have a spacer on the old lights, so it was fairly simple once I got them disconnected. They must have changed the design for the 21 model year. Tightening the screws on the back of the new markers was a gigantic pain. Looks a million times better though…
E8A01728-79C1-4C8C-89FD-3396A803713D.jpeg
6EAE037C-E38A-42D2-9231-335151945927.jpeg
The trick is to prethread the screw on the new markers and then remove them before reinstalling.

mkpierro

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
I just did mine with a Taycan 4S built in March 2021. It was helpful to loosen the wheel well liner so you can hold the clip while removing the light and installing the new one. Pre-threading the new light with the screw is a must. Mine did not have the clips on either of the old lights so I just installed the new ones as they came right out of the box.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Easy-peasy. No spacers on the old lights and didn't even have to loosen the fender liner. As already mentioned but worth repeating: Pre-threading the screw hole in the new lights is a must for a stress free installation.

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers marker 1

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers marker 2

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers marker 3

Last edited:

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just did this mod and have three points to add:

1. As mentioned before, pre-thread! Cannot overstate this.

2. Removal of the amber side markers was much easier than I anticipated. My 2021 (Feb '21 build) RWD had a simple lever mechanism on the left side (towards front of car) of the power plug. I simply pressed the lever near the back which unclipped the plug and allowed me to pull the side marker out. No squeezing or twisting. No spacers on the old lights either.

3. My driver's side marker isn't as flush as the passenger's side. This was true with the ambers as well. I couldn't figure out any way to remedy it. Screw is as tight as it will comfortably go. There might be a slight defect in the bracket itself. I don't really notice it unless I'm looking for it.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
@Jmrdmd you get that rolling chair from Matt at Obsessed Garage? That looks like it's super strong and overbuilt! Nice....

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I don't have anything to add to this thread that hasn't already been said, but I did want to pop this up to the most recent posts because everyone should know how simple it is to do and how great it looks. Also gives me an excuse to post a picture ?

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 412B8A18-3505-4CA2-809D-C8E8A62FB023

Jmrdmd

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes…I got the Vyper chair from Matt. One of the best garage purchases I’ve made. It’s “super legit”

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I was at my dealership and noticed the Taycan's they had on the lot had the clear markers. I pointed it out to my sales guy and he was like... yea we change them on every car, the amber looks terrible.

One less thing I have to deal with!

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
I don't have anything to add to this thread that hasn't already been said, but I did want to pop this up to the most recent posts because everyone should know how simple it is to do and how great it looks. Also gives me an excuse to post a picture ?

412B8A18-3505-4CA2-809D-C8E8A62FB023.jpeg
I had the dealer do the install on the clear markers. One question, on the upper trailing edge of each marker they stick out past the fender 1/8" to 3/16". I would have expected flush and have not been able to compare to original installed markers. What are other's experience?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I had the dealer do the install on the clear markers. One question, on the upper trailing edge of each marker they stick out past the fender 1/8" to 3/16". I would have expected flush and have not been able to compare to original installed markers. What are other's experience?
Others are experiencing the same thing. Originals weren't flush either

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Here's a comparison of originals to clear. Both appear to be flush on my install. There is a tab on the "front" edge that has to angled in to make them flush.
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 1653AD48-5856-4C32-B4D2-BD6874B1EEE2
Sponsored