WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
The Comfort Entry "check box" doesn't appear under my COMFORT settings.

My car, now four months old, had the comfort entry (seat movement and steering wheel movement) working beautifully.
Now it disappeared and doesn't operate. Is this a software issue?
Has it been turned off by accident in some other menu?

Any ideas? I loved that feature of the car. Getting in/out of a Taycan is a challenge for us +6 footers.
Sponsored

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Hi All, is anyone able to confirm whether comfort entry (ie seat moves on entry and exit) is standard on all cars? I’m a week in with my 4s and despite following the manual on how to turn it on it just doesn’t seem to be an option for me.
I got my second CT4S last moth and have 18 way seats - only drivers seat moves on entry and exit. Previous one, still for sale at Bristol OPC had standard seats and there is no option with these.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The comfort entry worked before.
Both driver seat and steering wheel moved for entry and exit.

Now it doesn't work, and the menu on the PCA doesn't show the option any more.
Software issue? The car has the mechanics to do the job - 18 way seats.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
I'm with you on this, though I too often see people's complaints that they've had stuff nicked from unlocked cars on the street.
I'd rather not break my ingrained habit of locking my car every time i walk away from it, wherever it is.
I want to be sure that everything is powered down and the alarm is set. I don't trust (and TBH don't even know) what is managed automatically on countdown timer if the car is left unlocked. I don't want to leave the climate control wasting charge.
I want the mirrors folded out of the way.
...I think that's worth the effort of a split-second press of the fob :)
Agree with you, but the thing about this is, the tech is absolutely there to accomplish all that auto-magically by dint of RFID fobs which we all now use. What is missing here is repeatable, reliable behavior time and time again so that the user *trusts* the vehicle to do what it's supposed to. With my last few cars (Tesla, BMWs) this feature just worked. During the first few weeks I checked on the car - was it locked? Did the air con power down? Etc. Until it became clear empirically that, yes, it is doing the right thing time after time. Then as a driver I completely stop thinking about it and simply walk away and the car shuts off and locks doors and I don't think twice. In other words, how it's supposed to work. P's issue, as always, is they write *terrible* software, so users do not *trust* the car. They have all the sensors and radios and actuators to make the car work amazingly well... they just don't have the code. It's a bummer. And were I the UX manager at P I'd have outsourced code-designing long ago, at least some code debugging and testing, to a more competent group of coders. Like Canada. :D

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I deselected comfort entry to take rear seat passengers a few days ago and had forgotten until this thread popped up again!

It is a cute “gadget” but just something else to wear out so I’ll not re-select it since I obviously didn’t benefit enough to miss it. I am only slightly over-weight!
I also deselected the Comfort Entry option after one day of use… especially since the seat moved so far back that I was running against the plastic B-pillar more noticeably.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Only comes with 14-way or 18-way seats - your dealer should have advised if any spec was short and there should be a rebate. If you have the standard seats then electric column.
Thanks. I optioned 18-way seats (very happy with that choice!). Confirmed with my SA that builds are still not coming with electric steering column. No talk of a rebate (didn’t explicitly ask either). It’s not a big deal for me… but wanted to share my experience on the forum.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Thanks. I optioned 18-way seats (very happy with that choice!). Confirmed with my SA that builds are still not coming with electric steering column. No talk of a rebate (didn’t explicitly ask either). It’s not a big deal for me… but wanted to share my experience on the forum.
The Turbo model we took delivery of a month ago has electric steering wheel adjustment. IDK if other models don’t, but there may be hope for you.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Turbo model we took delivery of a month ago has electric steering wheel adjustment. IDK if other models don’t, but there may be hope for you.
Glad it came with your Turbo! Already took delivery of my 4S... manual steering column. No big deal. Still an incredible car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Maybe there has been some changes in MY’s or models.
Mine works as per the manual. If I do not power off with the power button and open the door, my steering wheel does not raise up? IfI lock as you say by the little “button” on the driver door handle only, it will move the sat back, but still not lift my steering wheel??
686FEE7F-F319-4AFE-AF98-79B9FC78A15D.png
Does it lift the steering wheel when you unlock the car? That is what my car does if I get out and lock it without shutting it off first.

Another fun quirk, if I get into the car and it doesn’t turn on by itself, if I turn it on via the button, when I get out without shutting it off manually, the car will not lock at all (not via door handle nor the fob button).

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It lifted my steering wheel and moved the seat back - until it stopped doing so.
No idea how to get it working again
There is no button option under COMFORT
This on a base model with performance pack and 14 way seats

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My SA told me at the weekend that Porsche were dropping the electric steering column adjustment entirely.

Tracking fob will also be dropped too across the range apparently for most if not all markets.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My SA told me at the weekend that Porsche were dropping the electric steering column adjustment entirely.

Tracking fob will also be dropped too across the range apparently for most if not all markets.
The electric steering column still shows up for some trims in the USA. Has it been removed in the UK completely for MY24 now, or is this just an SA provided information? If the latter, is he saying Porsche is rejecting any orders for trims with electric steering column for now?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The electric steering column still shows up for some trims in the USA. Has it been removed in the UK completely for MY24 now, or is this just an SA provided information? If the latter, is he saying Porsche is rejecting any orders for trims with electric steering column for now?
I think it is something that is coming and is an attempt to reduce demand on semi-conductors (apparently). We've lived through the shortage and some people didn't get the feature (I've been fortunate to not miss out) but forward orders could well be impacted and the option dropped rather than being included in the spec and not fitted. SA wasn't MY specific but MY24 seems likely (if all of this is accurate info - no reason to doubt). Not checked the configurator. Time will tell.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it is something that is coming and is an attempt to reduce demand on semi-conductors (apparently). We've lived through the shortage and some people didn't get the feature (I've been fortunate to not miss out) but forward orders could well be impacted and the option dropped rather than being included in the spec and not fitted. SA wasn't MY specific but MY24 seems likely (if all of this is accurate info - no reason to doubt). Not checked the configurator. Time will tell.
Electronic steering columns seems like standard feature for any non-econo-box car (some of those even have it), so it would seem odd for Porsche to remove it permanently. It is a vital part of driver profile and comfort entry-exit. Maybe Porsche is focusing on their strength of their race driving heritage, and will start making great racing cars with no luxury features? That might satisfy some customers, but I have a feeling a decent portion of Porsche customers actually expect luxury features, i.e. they wouldn't buy a Lambo with no A/C, hard seats, no infotainment system, etc.

Clawhammer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C43
Country flag
Going back to comments on not locking cars stored in garages, etc. I believe here in the UK, if the car isn’t locked when stolen then the insurer won’t pay out. Being in a locked garage makes no odds.

Regarding comfort entry; current vehicles, Mercedes and Landrover, both have this feature and both work perfectly so I’m a bit concerned that, in a car made by Porsche and as expensive as a Taycan, it might not work properly or be installed at all. That would really annoy me as I expect more for the additional cost. It’s already difficult to get my head around some of the options that don’t come standard but to think these options might not even be fitted or working when delivered makes me question whether I should bother with Porsche at all?
Sponsored