Ruffy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo order placed
Country flag
Folks, I placed a deposit and ordered in October'21 and was given a paper order sheet confirming my order at that time.

Today 30th May 22, I received an email saying "Thank you for ordering your new Porsche – The Taycan" - and the car now appears in My Porsche.

Does that mean my order has only just been submitted to Porsche by the OPC now? I have not been given an allocation/build-slot yet.

It seems a strange terminology for what I was hoping for soon - something along the lines of.... 'order update - your allocation/build slot is XX/XX"

I can't find an order reference number in the email or 'My Porsche' to cross-reference back to the ref number on the original order sheet. So I am not sure what this email means.

many thanks for any insight
Hi,
I too ordered last year. ( November )
Had a call last week to confirm an October build and a November delivery.(uk turbo model )
With a final spec to be done before end of August.
Don’t know if different models have different time slots
But ultimately who knows until it’s delivered 😳😳
Sponsored

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi,
I too ordered last year. ( November )
Had a call last week to confirm an October build and a November delivery.(uk turbo model )
With a final spec to be done before end of August.
Don’t know if different models have different time slots
But ultimately who knows until it’s delivered 😳😳
Thanks Matt - my call was similar - fix the spec for CTT end August; build slot end Nov/Early December; :( delivery possibly xmas new year. ....And yes it's in the lap of the Gods. Cheers

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Got the "Thank you for your order" email this morning :like: Dealer says the build is currently scheduled for 1st November and delivery to dealer 28th November. Order placed 9th June 22 :)

Last edited:

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Got the "Thank you for your order" email this morning :like: Dealer says the build is currently scheduled for 1st November and delivery to dealer 28th November. Order placed 9th June 22 :)
Wow that’s really quick !!! Congrats!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Wow that’s really quick !!! Congrats!
Yes their system was showing Q4 2023 when I ordered last month but SA did say he expected it would be quicker as only 11 in front of me. However I didn't expect 12 months earlier! He emailed a couple of weeks ago asking if I'd be interested in a build this year. Today he said there was a big allocation from factory last week, which they had wind off hence the email. Some didn't take up slots due to existing leases, finance rates etc. PRG get 25% of all UK allocations so pleased I went with them as I think I just made the cut.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Yes their system was showing Q4 2023 when I ordered last month but SA did say he expected it would be quicker as only 11 in front of me. However I didn't expect 12 months earlier! He emailed a couple of weeks ago asking if I'd be interested in a build this year. Today he said there was a big allocation from factory last week, which they had wind off hence the email. Some didn't take up slots due to existing leases, finance rates etc. PRG get 25% of all UK allocations so pleased I went with them as I think I just made the cut.
The paperwork may take time to catch up then - well done Simon congrats!

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I won't hold my breath.....plenty of time for delays but at least I've got an allocation very very quickly 😁
I have 15 in front of me but they are the GTS. Dealer said on Friday it would be Q4 23 more likely and not Q1 24

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Looks like quite a few of us have received the news we've been waiting for. I placed my order at the end of December 21 and my SA called me about 10 days ago.

I have a build slot in November with delivery scheduled for December so, one year in total if all goes to plan.

I thought I had my spec all sorted until I called in to see their new demonstrator which is the same colour as mine (Gentian Blue) and left with a new, more expensive spec lol.

Still, I've got to admit that the 'buzz' is definitely back :like:.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Looks like quite a few of us have received the news we've been waiting for. I placed my order at the end of December 21 and my SA called me about 10 days ago.

I have a build slot in November with delivery scheduled for December so, one year in total if all goes to plan.

I thought I had my spec all sorted until I called in to see their new demonstrator which is the same colour as mine (Gentian Blue) and left with a new, more expensive spec lol.

Still, I've got to admit that the 'buzz' is definitely back :like:.
Haha , what did you change on the spec..... I'm already changing mine too

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Today he said there was a big allocation from factory last week, which they had wind off hence the email.
That's great to hear! Maybe this means Porsche's production capacity is ramping up and the rest of us too will have our vehicles enter production sooner rather than later.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Ordered from Bristol week before last, told Q3 2023 with 16 ahead of me in the queue. Possibly good news some are seeing their allocations brought forward…I’m not a patient person and waiting until potentially 2024 isn’t sitting well. Mind you, my current PCP is only 18 months in so would no doubt have to buy my way out of that before mid23

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Haha , what did you change on the spec..... I'm already changing mine too
Main thing I added was some of the Racetex package (headliner, grab handles, b pillars top and bottom etc) which just seemed to work with my interior colour (slate grey). I also added illuminated tread plates (looked good on the demo car) and the 4 zone climate control.

To be honest, the cost is creeping up towards GTS level but, I want a CT4S and in a spec that I like so hey ho.

Just need to stay away from the configurator now lol.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Main thing I added was some of the Racetex package (headliner, grab handles, b pillars top and bottom etc) which just seemed to work with my interior colour (slate grey). I also added illuminated tread plates (looked good on the demo car) and the 4 zone climate control.

To be honest, the cost is creeping up towards GTS level but, I want a CT4S and in a spec that I like so hey ho.

Just need to stay away from the configurator now lol.
Step away from the configurator! 🤣🤣

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I got my allocation about 2 weeks ago, delivery in September i have been told. I have been talking to Smoothound about this but I don’t have any confirmation at all. Spec was locked last Monday.
Sponsored