Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Cancelled mine well before this point due to the uncertainty and poor comms from the mothership.

No way would I put up with that sort of service on such a expensive product.
Sponsored

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
I agree with RedHot2474. I cancelled my base 4 in a similar situation and picked up a near-new Turbo for about the same outlay. Used, low mileage Taycans are a buyers market.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I agree with RedHot2474. I cancelled my base 4 in a similar situation and picked up a near-new Turbo for about the same outlay. Used, low mileage Taycans are a buyers market.
what’s the main reason, you think? Up here I’m seeing a lot, with pricing sort of all over the map. Especially lots of vehicles out of Quebec. Is it just leases coming up? Bad batch of early MY vehicles?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Get the 911 GTS. It will hold its value while the Taycan will sink like a rock.
I know I've said this many times, but these cars are not investments. Just buy the car you are most interested in and enjoy the hell out of it. New cars will always see massive depreciation in year 1. Why is anyone surprised about that?

At the same time I'm a fan of a good deal, and if a nearby dealer has a used 2021 4S (or 2022-2023) I'd be fine negotiating the hell out of that and saving some money. That wasn't an option when I bought my 2021 4S in July of 2021.

Bottom line - you will freakin love this car.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
what’s the main reason, you think? Up here I’m seeing a lot, with pricing sort of all over the map. Especially lots of vehicles out of Quebec. Is it just leases coming up? Bad batch of early MY vehicles?
Down here when I was shopping, I saw the supply increase in conjunction with the weakening of the tech market, increase in interest rates and the collapse of that Silicon Valley bank. My personal opinion is that these caused enough of a belt tightening among folks who picked up the Taycan as the latest toy, combined with the car was usually a “secondary” vehicle that didn’t get driven that much.
Again, just my limited shopping experience, I found that non-Porsche dealers were more eager to rid themselves of a Taycan in their inventory because they didn’t know how to sell them and the cars required more individual attention to maintain their sale readiness.

hope this helps.

PS: zero regrets taking the path I did.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I saw someone save $42K buying a used 4S with only 2600 miles....and with a CPO warranty better than new.

The smart money right now is on doing that.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a ‘22 4S that I don’t really need at the moment. My GTI is doing more duty these days. Have thought about selling the Taycan. Then I drive it for a couple days and the feeling passes. It’s just such a fantastic car.

GlosBal

First Name
Bal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered mine in Jan22, finally received Aug23. Worth the wait. Kids love it. Acceleration is rapid.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I would cancel if I were you and either go with that 911 GTS or a used CPO Taycan. Makes no sense to buy new unless you really love your spec

Last edited:

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I would cancel if I were you and either go with that 911 GTS or a used CPO Taycan. Makes no sense to buy used unless you really love your spec
I would get the 911. I am just waiting for something for something to happen and insurance give me a full check and then either 911 or save again and get something "better" . But cars like Artura an't as useful and probably not winter-able.

Eiso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I ordered mine, finally confirmed all the options and colors, by mid of April 2023 and got my delivery close to end of July 2023, total of approx. 100 days...

Im astonished by the length of time so long some people have reported/claimed...

If i were you, i would definitely cancel, go to another dealer, or even give up Porsche in general (unless youre a fanatic/enthusiast)

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
I ordered a fully speced Taycan 4s in September 2022 and have been waiting over a year for its delivery. First was told it would be here in March and keeps getting bumped up month by month. People are already getting their 2024s delivered and I'm still waiting on a 2023. I was able to get a 10k discount but still have to pay 14k luxury tax. At this point I rather just keep waiting for a 911 Carrera 4 gts allocation and cancel the Taycan.
I put a deposit down April 2022.. car finally arrived at Baltimore port on August 30, 2023… still don’t have the car. Last week doctor told me I have cancer…

There was another member of the forum that mentioned a little while back that he too has cancer…. I hope that he is enjoying his Taycan to the fullest….

I too am at a crossroads as to whether I should accept the car but for a totally different reason than you.

Get the vehicle that you really want and enjoy it. Ultimately it has to be your decision and your decision only…. People will give you their thoughts and tell you what they would do or have done……Life is short and things can change in the matter of seconds….. tomorrow is not promised……….

Just saying some folks have really serious crossroads when deciding whether to accept a vehicle that they have planned for, spec’d and have been looking forward to getting and it has taken way longer than they had anticipated but life throws them a real curve ball…..

I hope no one on this forum comes after me for this post!!

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I’d cancel and just buy used. The market for these cars has softened a lot, so think a gently used CPO car would be a great deal. I love my car, but wasn’t happy with the fact that I got my 2022 delivered right after Christmas 2022. I was on the verge of cancelling - main reason I didn’t was I still qualified at the time for the $7500 tax credit which made it worth it. Also used prices were still fairly strong at the time with 1 year old cars selling close to sticker (0-5% below). It was still cheaper, or similar to buy new and get my exact spec. But if they were what they are now with 1 year old used cars being 20% below, I’d have cancelled and bought used as well

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I waited 18 months for my Taycan and the most disappointing thing was what a large proportion of my remaining lifetime I was without it.

When I looked at used ones none had a spec I was prepared to pay the asking price for.

Even though they are cheaper now this is still the case. I am delighted with my car specced exactly as I wanted it.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I waited 18 months for my Taycan and the most disappointing thing was what a large proportion of my remaining lifetime I was without it.

When I looked at used ones none had a spec I was prepared to pay the asking price for.

Even though they are cheaper now this is still the case. I am delighted with my car specced exactly as I wanted it.
I’m totally with you on this. I have a (very) highly spec’d GTS that is built and in Emden currently, hopefully due to me in a few weeks. The pricing situation is mad, and by all rights I should cancel and fine something from stock for a big saving.
But for me this is more than just cost. It’s about the car. I’m 43 and it’s my first ever new car purchase, and (while crazy over spec) it’s exactly what I want and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m also new to Porsche and am already feeling it will be something special and I don’t even have it yet!
Sponsored