Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So for me personally , a big part of owning Porsche’s has been the frequent services and visits to the dealership. It May seem silly to some but I very much enjoy driving what ever current car they give me from their lineup , now previously with my 911’s it seems I had pretty high spec cayennes or similar but now with this Taycan I have been given rental base model jetta/cla250 type cars .. ?. Has anyone ever complained about the quality of the courtesy car or is this a seriously deluded first world problem. ?

In general for me it takes away from the premium experience I enjoy from Porsche.
(Edit ) the toyota terdcel was for comedic effect , not the actual car
Porsche Taycan Courtesy car , big deal or no? CBD6DF97-AA6A-4908-A643-E5F67C184FF1
Sponsored

Last edited:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Audi dealers were always giving me a low spec Audi Q5.
BMW dealers were giving me a different car every time: low spec X1, 428 and X3.
Porsche dealers are usually giving me a low spec base Macan without even keyless entry. Once they gave me a base Cayenne after visiting service for the fifth time for oil leaks they have repeatedly failed to resolve. I remember the service advisor saying "let's give our friend a nice loaner this time". That was after escalating to Porsche NA..

I don't care when I have the loaner for a day or so but when my high spec Macan S was in service for a total of 30+days then I was frustrated I had to drive the base Macan.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So for me personally , a big part of owning Porsche’s has been the frequent services and visits to the dealership. It May seem silly to some but I very much enjoy driving what ever current car they give me from their lineup , now previously with my 911’s it seems I had pretty high spec cayennes or similar but now with this Taycan I have been given rental base model jetta/cla250 type cars .. ?. Has anyone ever complained about the quality of the courtesy car or is this a seriously deluded first world problem. ?

In general for me it takes away from the premium experience I enjoy from Porsche.

CBD6DF97-AA6A-4908-A643-E5F67C184FF1.jpeg
One of my pet peeves for the last couple of years when I took my Tesla Model S in for service, was the lack of a loaner. It didn't used be that way as for a couple of years when the company cared about the customer, they offered various versions of the X or S but then changed to Uber rides home to further screw over their customers. To make matters worse, our local Tesla service eliminated a basic wash after service with the disingenuous excuse of “saving water”, this after spending $500 for essentially a tire rotation.

My point in this diatribe is that your Porsche service department should offer you a Porsche loaner, no ifs and or buts. You spent a pretty penny on your car and they should value your business appropriately.

Last edited:

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree. You should at least get a Porsche as a courtesy car.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
It will be interesting to see what they offer me when I take in the Taycan. The nearby Audi dealership is owned by the same people and the few times I've brought the e-Tron in I've gotten an e-Tron loaner.

In the past the Porsche dealership has given me a Cayenne or Macan, and once even a Panamera when dropping off my previous Carrera S or GT3. But now that I'll have a Porsche EV I'm expecting not to get an ICE vehicle. We'll see.

Anyway, I think getting an appropriate loaner is a moderately big deal. If you've spent $150K for a vehicle I think it's reasonable to expect something fairly nice to drive as a replacement and how the dealership handles this is at least in part a reflection of how I'm valued as a customer.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Agree with Torx. Why should Porsche promote another brand anyway, seems madness. I see it as an opportunity for them to show you how good their cars are.

I may sound like a spoiled child but I’d put in a complaint if I didn’t get a Porsche. And I’d pull a face if it wasn’t a similar type of car. To put a Taycan in I’d be hoping for at least a base Taycan, Panamera or Cayenne as they are large 4 door family cars. The dealership is unlikely to have several loan cars of different models & specs so there is an element of taking what you’re given, and I accept that. But I wouldn’t be happy about being disrespected with something that’s not a Porsche

OP
OP
Fcassells

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m somewhat glad to see I’m not alone in just being picky, or maybe just happy we are all so picky. I didn’t really look at it as disrespecting me so much but more tone deaf to their customers enthusiasm for the brand.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I’m somewhat glad to see I’m not alone in just being picky, or maybe just happy we are all so picky. I didn’t really look at it as disrespecting me so much but more tone deaf to their customers enthusiasm for the brand.
Be Happy that you even are offered a loaner. That is not the same here at all. No loaner at all. And the service advisor explained that they only have one(1) loaner!!! And there are quite a lot of Porsche owners here.

I agree that it is a small issue, but at the same time we have all paid quite a lot of money for the cars. Experience with Lexus was something much better and even BMW are normally also providing a loaner.

I guess all the Sales Centres are independent from Porsche DE. But still. Does not build any brand name.

OP
OP
Fcassells

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Be Happy that you even are offered a loaner. That is not the same here at all. No loaner at all. And the service advisor explained that they only have one(1) loaner!!! And there are quite a lot of Porsche owners here.

I agree that it is a small issue, but at the same time we have all paid quite a lot of money for the cars. Experience with Lexus was something much better and even BMW are normally also providing a loaner.

I guess all the Sales Centres are independent from Porsche DE. But still. Does not build any brand name.
To be clear , this is a rental that I had to give my credit card for , lol... so in essence I guess we have no courtesy cars also .

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The lack of a loaner or indeed a loaner of the same brand used to really hack me off as back then I felt I had a divine right to always expect this. I bought a Porsche (and many after that) for heaven's sake!

Truth is there are too many Porsche owners now (the VW effect) and not enough loaners to go around and I expect cost constrained by some Accountant somewhere.

Invariably you end up with another vehicle from the dealer's wider franchise interests as I expect it is more efficient for them.

If I want work done sooner rather than later then I never expect a loaner as this generally leads to longer wait times for a service slot measured in weeks (COVID hasn't helped to be fair).

The compromise we have in UK at least is either a lift or a taxi on the dealer's account.

If I want to try a different Porsche it's easier to arrange a test drive than moan at a Service Rep to get a Porsche as a loaner.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
My dealer confirmed a Porsche loaner would be available when I bring in the Taycan for the 2 day Software update. The lady said it would most probably be a Taycan, allthough I'm secretly hoping 911...??

ColoradoTaycan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2015 GT3
Country flag
I usually just ask what they have available and then pick from that. I usually get a Macan S or Cayenne S but last time got a Taycan 4S. When I had an Audi I got all sorts of cars - S4, A8, A7, S5. If you don't ask they just give you one of the cars lined up for service that day.

You should definitely get a Porsche loaner when you service your Porsche. If you don't I would look for a new dealership to service at.

Porsche dealers/PCNA should def look at loaners as a way to get people to upgrade or pick up an additional car. The Taycan wasn't really on my radar but after I got it as a loaner we purchased one a week after. It's a nice way to do an extended test drive - especially for ICE owners that are a little apprehensive about electric vehicles.

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag

CBD6DF97-AA6A-4908-A643-E5F67C184FF1.jpeg
That's one nasty looking vehicle. Reminds me of the thing Walter White drove in "Breaking Bad" prior to making it big as a New Mexican drug manufacturer.

I wouldn't do business with a dealership that didn't provide Porsche loaner cars when my car is being serviced. At Porsche of San Diego, at least, you just tell them you want a loaner when you schedule service and then it's waiting for you.

I always seem to end up with an SUV, which sucks, but at least it's a Porsche. If they gave me one of those vehicles in the picture, I'd be mortified!

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The worst loaner I ever had was a complete POS rental from a Porsche dealer. I used different dealer when buying the Taycan.

I understand why a Porsche dealer (especially a smaller one) doesn't have much in the way of loaner options.

I loved my Audi dealer, as they made sure to take care of their R8 buyers at service time.

For my Macan, I'd just hang out at the dealer for a few hours during service. Their customer area is extremely nice, and it was way easier to just get some work done there rather than commuting to and from the dealer.

For the service my 2020 Taycan is getting right now, I just arranged my own ride. I don't need a loaner, and I figured I'd just be getting a Macan anyway.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's one nasty looking vehicle. Reminds me of the thing Walter White drove in "Breaking Bad" prior to making it big as a New Mexican drug manufacturer.

I wouldn't do business with a dealership that didn't provide Porsche loaner cars when my car is being serviced. At Porsche of San Diego, at least, you just tell them you want a loaner when you schedule service and then it's waiting for you.

I always seem to end up with an SUV, which sucks, but at least it's a Porsche. If they gave me one of those vehicles in the picture, I'd be mortified!
In Scotland we have 3 dealerships in total so trading one against the other is not worth the geographical and logistical challenge that brings.

Perhaps they'll start loaning out their new e-bikes instead!
Sponsored