FINALLYPORSCHE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Having always wanted to work towards being able to order a new Porsche, last month I finally did it and put down my deposit on a Taycan Sport Turismo 4S. Now battling with car configuration tool to get the right spec for me and my family.

Probably the hardest thing I am trying to decide on is the colour (thought that would be the easiest!!).

With the lack of off road pack, the ST colour choice might be different…. I can’t make my mind up.

Would be interested to hear the forums thoughts on colours available. Part of me thinks it deserves something that pops like the Frozen Blue but would I regret this after a month or two?

Any thoughts much appreciated. God knows when I’ll actually get a build slot so plenty of time to think about it!

Thanks
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The best thing you can do is use your long wait to find and see first-hand actual examples of colours, in as many lighting conditions as possible but at least in sunny and overcast daylight. Don't limit yourself to one dealership's stock. Keep an open mind- don't rule anything out until you've seen it for yourself. There's a good chance that "the one" for you will make your heart race...and if you don't get such an unambiguous reaction, move on to something else (though Paint To Sample options are a dangerous and expensive rabbit hole to fall down 😁).

Asking the forum which colours you might regret will probably not get many responses of people who actually lived with a particular colour telling you they regret it. You'll get plenty of responses from people saying they love or hate a particular colour, but I wouldn't come here asking for fashion advice😉

A related consideration (which I think you already doing, as you mention the off-road pack), is contrast to bring out detail and add definition- silver trim for darker colours, black trim for lighter ones, which features to highlight and which to blend in, and contrast or potential mismatch of "blacks"- gloss, matt, raw plastic.

EDIT- another thought, which it also sounds you are having- the Sport Turismo has by default more painted bodywork than the other Taycan variants- IMO it does need benefit from some contrasting details to break it up a bit, particularly when seen side-on.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Another big difference between ST and CT is the color of the spoiler. In the ST it is body color and the CT gloss black. With the pano roof and light colors I actually prefer the gloss black. Without pano and roof rails the ST may look better.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Crayon looks stunning, as does any lighter colour mainly because it contrasts nicely with the plastic wheel guards. Silvers are nice, I just don't like silvers on Porsche's as it's so tedious.

Darker colours can look good, though try and get the plastic bits painted bodycolour (aftermarket) where it does make the car more aesthetically pleasing.

I find the worst colour option is Carmine Red as it clashes with the plastic cladding and ends up looking like a toy.

Conversely, I love that colour on the ST, which is what I've specced...

Use G Image search and YouTube for ST colour options. Visit your dealer and see as many colours as possible (even if it's not on the Taycan, but is a Taycan option) to help make up your mind.

jaybird

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLK 250, 2022 Taycan CT 4S (Neptune over Truffle)
Country flag
I think the advice to see cars in person, and your gut reactions, is exactly right. I was frustrated not being able to see more Taycans when I was considering colors. Luckily, when I walked in to my dealer to inquire about Taycans for the first time, there were both Neptune and Chalk Taycans on the floor, and I knew immediately that I would be super happy with either one. Needless to say I was ready for non-metallic paint. Discussing color with my SA, he said the car looks great in any color, which at the time I thought was sales speak, but now I realize this is true - quite a bit of thought has been put into Taycan colors.

There are so few examples of some of the colors to see in person that you end up looking online. I found it helpful to remember that the camera tries to make blue look like the sky and green look like grass - plus what whatever you see on the web will have a lot of the color information stripped out of it and the saturation bumped up.

Choosing for the ST I hope is easier than the CT, because you won't have to work with the plastic wheel arches. Maybe not everyone likes it, but the black door handles can be very helpful to break up a big expanse of paint - I find it fits very well if you are doing gloss black window trim.

Metallic paint will provide more variation and accentuate curves and angles, breaking up a large color surface as well.

You may know these sites but if not they are lots of fun when thinking about color:

https://www.rennbow.org/colorwiki

https://www.colors.rs/

Reactions: B61

OP
OP

FINALLYPORSCHE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I think the Red is lovely for the ST, cant decide if Pano roof is an essential, on my current car I often keep the cover across it.
So so many options!!

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I think the Red is lovely for the ST, cant decide if Pano roof is an essential, on my current car I often keep the cover across it.
So so many options!!
In my 2020 4S, I had chosen the pano. If you're going to regularly carry passengers, then definitely consider it. In my case, 95% of the time I was on my own. So I've left out the pano for my ST.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I find the worst colour option is Carmine Red as it clashes with the plastic cladding and ends up looking like a toy.

Conversely, I love that colour on the ST, which is what I've specced...
My thoughts / choice as well.

OP
OP

FINALLYPORSCHE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Yep, it’s Sports Turismo I have ordered and definitely leaning to Carmine Red, pano, black window surrounds and black badge.

Such a beautiful car, no doubt my mind will change a million times prior to build slot though.

frustrating all content online is about GTS but I guess that is just because 4S and other specs haven’t landed in reviewers’ content creator’s hands yet.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
In my 2020 4S, I had chosen the pano. If you're going to regularly carry passengers, then definitely consider it. In my case, 95% of the time I was on my own. So I've left out the pano for my ST.
I’m mostly the only one in the car, but I love pano roof, since it makes brighter interiror (and opticaly larger).
also, grand daughters loves it as well.
Sponsored