backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Is there anyone who's driven both for a significant amount of time? (more than a few days). I'm curious how the handling, sportiness compares between the two. Is the CT still as much fun? I have only test driven the CT so far and mine is still on order.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
A better comparison would be the saloon with the Sport Turismo rather than the Cross Turismo.

Both the sedan and Sport Turismo share the same suspension whereas the Cross Turismo does not and rides 20mm higher.

Handling will be (reports bear out) identical - same chassis etc.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Curious about this too. I only had a little seat time in a sedan before I got my CT.
I think the OP is interested because the sedan and CT are different, comparing the sport turismo to sedan would be a moot point here.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Suitably vague indeed.

CT will feel slightly softer given the additional ground clearance which some may prefer. For all out handling either of the other 2 choices will be a better "driver's car" assuming ceteris paribus.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
A better comparison would be the saloon with the Sport Turismo rather than the Cross Turismo.

Both the sedan and Sport Turismo share the same suspension whereas the Cross Turismo does not and rides 20mm higher.

Handling will be (reports bear out) identical - same chassis etc.
I have finally decided that whilst I like the Taycan a lot, it just doesn’t work for me. Two principle reasons. It’s too wide for uk country roads and you can’t get a conventional tow bar for bikes and small trailer. I think I just have to accept that Porsche primarily design for US market. May be when Porsche are spun out of VW they will return to their roots and make. A mid sized 2 door electric coupe would be massively in demand.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
How many Range Rovers, Panameras, Mercs go down the same roads - it fits "comfortably" in a standard UK lane but I guess it depends on what you are used to?

If you want a tow bar the Audi e-whatever will fit the bill.

Irks me too that there is no towbar. You can add roof rails etc assuming you add the Pano roof.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It’s too wide for uk country roads
That was my concern too but I liked it enough to go ahead anyway since the roads around here are infested by vast SUVs, which seem to manage.
I did reflect on it for a few days though - it is almost as wide and long as a Range Rover :(

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
That was my concern too but I liked it enough to go ahead anyway since the roads around here are infested by vast SUVs, which seem to manage.
I did reflect on it for a few days though - it is almost as wide and long as a Range Rover :(
I have driven an X5 for the past two years and it has the same size as the Taycan (but higher off course). Before that I had a 6 GT that is even 10 cm longer. It was oké to drive and park in Belgian cities. I must admit that the Mazda 3 I am driving now as a replacement does make life easier driving in town.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Haha yes, I’m sure when mine arrives and drive it on familiar roads I’ll still struggle to compute that it is both longer and wider than my iPace was! Single lane country roads, I’ll be the epitome of gentility to oncoming traffic I can assure you…..

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Personally I was provided a Sedan 4S while my CT 4S 2022 was in for a software update. I frankly preferred my CT for two reasons: More storage space in the back being a hatchback opening and a slightly better visibility through the back window due to the hatchback design of the car. As for the road handling and behavior, I frankly didn't notice any difference when doing normal driving. I tend to drive my CT at the lowest level all the time, which is the Normal mode body height on the sedan if I am not mistaken. Thanks

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Yeah, I RIDE THE ROAD. Not the other way around, well, maybe in Italy, they do hahaha

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally I was provided a Sedan 4S while my CT 4S 2022 was in for a software update. I frankly preferred my CT for two reasons: More storage space in the back being a hatchback opening and a slightly better visibility through the back window due to the hatchback design of the car. As for the road handling and behavior, I frankly didn't notice any difference when doing normal driving. I tend to drive my CT at the lowest level all the time, which is the Normal mode body height on the sedan if I am not mistaken. Thanks
Yeah, i wonder if the sport plus lowest setting will be an issue around town. I was worrying about my new CT will bottom out or scratch if i sport plus + low around town. But after looking at the car, i think that it should be fine. In that sense, even though it looks not as low/lowered than sedan, you get the advantage to drive around in Sport Plus more often without worrying about damaging the bottom. And I can't wait for snow this year. I can't wait to try all the AWD and Vectoring Plus goodies in snow.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Yeah, i wonder if the sport plus lowest setting will be an issue around town. I was worrying about my new CT will bottom out or scratch if i sport plus + low around town. But after looking at the car, i think that it should be fine. In that sense, even though it looks not as low/lowered than sedan, you get the advantage to drive around in Sport Plus more often without worrying about damaging the bottom. And I can't wait for snow this year. I can't wait to try all the AWD and Vectoring Plus goodies in snow.
I was really worried about bottoming out on driveway entrances, sleeping policemen (and policewomen), pot holes at ski areas etc. - so much so that I programmed auto-lift at various regular points. Turns out the normal height is comfortably sufficient for any situation i've encountered so far. I only raise it if I'm on a proper forest road.

Re: keeping it mostly in Sport+: have a read on the various thread regarding uneven tire wear. You can still go ahead and ride in that mode (I find it a bit too 'busy'), but at least you'll have made an informed decision.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was really worried about bottoming out on driveway entrances, sleeping policemen (and policewomen), pot holes at ski areas etc. - so much so that I programmed auto-lift at various regular points. Turns out the normal height is comfortably sufficient for any situation i've encountered so far. I only raise it if I'm on a proper forest road.

Re: keeping it mostly in Sport+: have a read on the various thread regarding uneven tire wear. You can still go ahead and ride in that mode (I find it a bit too 'busy'), but at least you'll have made an informed decision.
Cool. I just experienced first time bow my bum feels in sport plus mode. I am aiming to go to the twisties this weekend. Hope to get some sport plus fun there. Yeah, probably will normal on till snow days for gravel

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I am aiming to go to the twisties this weekend. Hope to get some sport plus fun there.
Just curious, which twisties? I made the trek to Whistler a couple of times and Hwy 99 is awesome fun in any mode. (Ok, haven't tried 'gravel'.)
Sponsored