psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I had a Frozen Blue 4S Taycan but sold it back to the OPC 3 months ago as they offered me a CT which is more suited to bike transport. Ordered in July and it's arriving at the dealer tomorrow. I specced the roof rails and the rear bike rack mounts and asked them to find out about availability of the roof rails and rear rack. I've had radio silence so far but will remind them. Anyone using the rear rack or bars? I'm not sure which to order. Likely the bars for regular bikes but I have a heavy electric mtb that won't go on the roof.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Rear carrier is your best option given the weight consideration. If you search the forum there are on or two folk who have had mishaps with the rails when attaching the cross bars - worth reviewing.

Not sure that many people have ordered the rack or indeed had their CT delivered - the cost of the rack is a bit of joke IMHO but there isn't an alternative.

amamoy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Macan GTS, Range Rover, Ariel Atom
Country flag
The bike rack on CT was a key factor in my purchase decision. They were supposed to be available Sep. That pushed to Oct. Last I checked (in the US) with dealer and Suncoast still no solid timeframe. I negotiated a 20% discount from dealer when I bought CT.

Wagon57

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90, BMW i3, Harley Roadking
Country flag
I took delivery of my MY22 4s CT last week. Absolutely loving it. I am waiting for the rear mount bike rack which is due in from Germany any day now and will report back.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The bike rack on CT was a key factor in my purchase decision. They were supposed to be available Sep. That pushed to Oct. Last I checked (in the US) with dealer and Suncoast still no solid timeframe. I negotiated a 20% discount from dealer when I bought CT.
I've heard quarter 2 2022 in US...

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I've heard quarter 2 2022 in US...
I placed an order for the rear bike carrier from my dealer. They said there were none in stock in Germany and did not know when they would be available. I'm sure PCNA would attribute the non availiability to the "world wide semiconductor shortage".

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I placed an order for the rear bike carrier from my dealer. They said there were none in stock in Germany and did not know when they would be available. I'm sure PCNA would attribute the non availiability to the "world wide semiconductor shortage".
My dealer told me that the bike rack has to pass a crash test before being sold in the US. If so, probably because it'll be part of the vehicle's systems (ties into bumper, has brake lights, etc.). Not needed before sale outside the US...

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
My dealer told me that the bike rack has to pass a crash test before being sold in the US. If so, probably because it'll be part of the vehicle's systems (ties into bumper, has brake lights, etc.). Not needed before sale outside the US...
I ordered one online yesterday but none are available in stock. Unfortunately I will get it when I will get it.
I hope I will have the car before the rack.
btw the price was discounted. 15% off.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I had a Frozen Blue 4S Taycan but sold it back to the OPC 3 months ago as they offered me a CT which is more suited to bike transport. Ordered in July and it's arriving at the dealer tomorrow. I specced the roof rails and the rear bike rack mounts and asked them to find out about availability of the roof rails and rear rack. I've had radio silence so far but will remind them. Anyone using the rear rack or bars? I'm not sure which to order. Likely the bars for regular bikes but I have a heavy electric mtb that won't go on the roof.
CT4 arrived in July, still awaiting the bike rack… I was at the dealer yesterday and Porsche still don’t have any confirmed dates yet. Nor for the colour matched roof box side panels or 2nd key.

Have the bars on for the roof box. They are solid just make sure they/you mount them the right way round. It’s marked on a sticker under the bar. The tech mounted them the wrong way round the first time which caused a small dent to the side bars (which Porsche got fixed).

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I was considering ordering a bike rack to modify for stowage of camping gear. I was hoping that Porsche was going to offer a storage option for the rear rack. Looks like the only option would be to hack up the bike rack to have a storage box. Anybody else think about the same?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I was considering ordering a bike rack to modify for stowage of camping gear. I was hoping that Porsche was going to offer a storage option for the rear rack. Looks like the only option would be to hack up the bike rack to have a storage box. Anybody else think about the same?
I hope they do, but not sure.. i will modify ours so i can transport our yeti cooler on roadtrips - going on boating trips we usually fill up our cayenne and our cooler eats up so much space.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just look at what Thule did for their trailer hitch carriers - it will follow these given they are the OEM.

Carax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter S Macan S 997GT2
Country flag
Rear carrier is your best option given the weight consideration. If you search the forum there are on or two folk who have had mishaps with the rails when attaching the cross bars - worth reviewing.

Not sure that many people have ordered the rack or indeed had their CT delivered - the cost of the rack is a bit of joke IMHO but there isn't an alternative.
I ordered my CT back in June and rear bike rack. Car just delivered but rack not now due until Jan.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was thinking something like below. Strapped down, of course (and less than 110 lbs). :)

Porsche Taycan CT4 Bike Rack 1636538975801

Mattac

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Thule bars are available now and are lower profile than the Porsche OEM option. I haven't fitted mine yet but here's a pic of the box...
Porsche Taycan CT4 Bike Rack Thule bars
Sponsored