FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Anyone get a letter stating that the car needs to go into the dealer to get a software update which will take 4 hours?
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Anyone get a letter stating that the car needs to go into the dealer to get a software update which will take 4 hours?
No - but mine is a MY21 from Nov 2020 so perhaps does not need one...

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will get one then.
Maybe but in some respects, I actually hope not - mine has been working absolutely flawlessly since day 1 - everything is slick and works a treat so unless there is some "new magic" I might hold back ;-)

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine is MY21 from January and I need one
Oh well - I guess the letter is en route then...I will be keen to understand why it needs updating and what's changed if anyone knows...

Anil

First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received the letter today for my MY21 4S - January 2021. A little frustrating that we cannot carry out the update ourselves at home. Getting the car to a dealer for 4 hours is a bit of a ballache for me as the dealer is 25 miles away!

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone with a MY2020 received a letter? I wonder whether they're holding off on MY2020 as haven't received one yet. As per other threads, seems that the MY2020 up-date will be much longer than 4 hours...

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
That’s it?? Hardly worth it for my car. I have no issues with any of those things...
Mmm considering the initiative Porsche is showing to bring cars into the shop for a four hour sw upgrade and the cost to Porsche to do so... I think there is a lot unsaid in that letter in regards to bug fixes etc that this SW will address... its your car - but I would probably bring it in....

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Anyone with a MY2020 received a letter? I wonder whether they're holding off on MY2020 as haven't received one yet. As per other threads, seems that the MY2020 up-date will be much longer than 4 hours...
I have an appointment for the MY20 large software update in week 13 ( release of the software is expected in week 12). They scheduled two days but I don't know whether that is done as precaution (btw I get as loaner a Taycan for the first time)

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have an appointment for the MY20 large software update in week 13 ( release of the software is expected in week 12). They scheduled two days but I don't know whether that is done as precaution (btw I get as loaner a Taycan for the first time)
Yeah, I think the MY2020 is a two-day process, so must be what you're getting.
Sponsored