SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Now I am glad I waited until the beginning of April to do my software update (MY21) so they hopefully get more experience doing it! Maybe we should start two new threads for 20/21 respectively of: this is what I noticed after the software upgrade.

So far it does not seem that anything has been that noticeable :-(

I was hoping for:

1. better stability on the PCM in general (I don't know how many times I have been asked to log in to the integrated Apple Music). Sequence 4?
  2. Maybe better Innodrive response -- when I am travelling along at say 100 km/h and then activate it the car takes 1-2 seconds to think about it and I slow down a little (or it even briefly brakes) and then accelerates again to where I wanted it to be. Could be smoother. Maybe Sequence 1 as ACC mentioned?

Here is hoping!!!
Sponsored

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Day 8 - Still haven't received my MY21 4s back yet.

All credit to the dealer - they called again with a progress update today - and they think progress has been made over the weekend and all my icons are now back active on the PCM! ? However, that I didn't receive a subsequent call to tall me the other connectivity issues were now fixed and the vehicle ready for collection makes me fear that those issues remain. Here's hoping I'm wrong and that I receive a call telling me my vehicle is ready tomorrow!
So, as promised, a further update.

Received my Taycan back on Day 9. It was worth the wait.

All of the reported software glitches pre the software update appear to have been resolved. The auto lift now remembers locations. The Bluetooth to my phone no longer drops. The Porsche e-sound now remains on rather than defaulting to off on startup. Apple wireless CarPlay works seamlessly. Thus far, no error messages saying my vehicle’s handbrake was deactivated when it was activated. And, low and behold, knowing how much of a discussed topic this is on the forum, in the Porsche Connect app, I now have a completely green circle array - a full network! This I suspect is going to prove hugely important in terms of software functions behaving as they should.

Only two small glitches remain - the vehicle intermittently loses connection to the Porsche server and, while my Exchange calendars link successfully to the vehicle, my smartphone calendar claims to do so but doesn’t - the smartphone calendar option remaining greyed out after addition (iPhone 12 running latest iOS in case anyone asks). Hence, if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this, please shout.

Anyway, big thumbs up to Porsche for latest software update - it’s one hell of an update but the time and patience is clearly worth it. I’d recommend anyone with a MY21 Taycan to have it done PDQ.

Hats off too to the team at Porsche Preston - their service on addressing the niggles has been faultless!
Porsche Taycan Dealer Software Update 9914F237-FD7C-49F6-9A65-FFEA51DC5E94

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mines at the dealership this morning and work is in progress.

Not much wrong with my car so curious to see what improvements I notice with the upgrade.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
The software seems more stabile now but it still glitches out with carplay in a while. Fortunately it connects to carplay faster and with more consistency.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My experience is different to those above.

I see no difference in the PCM function.

Wireless carplay can still take a while to pair & activate.
I have had the CarPlay black screen since the update.
The map where the Speedo lives still refuses to remember the satellite view when you turn the car off.
The volume mute still activates the last CarPlay track played even if you were listening to music from the PCM. This is particularly frustrating when you get a call. You hang up & you end up listening to something else.

I’m sure there have been a whole host of bugs squashed, but other than the niggles mentioned above the car has behaved as it should for me from day one.

Those expecting a silver bullet may be disappointed, unless your car was exceptionally unreliable to start with.

Sorry!!

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 21’ 4S is going into OPC Glasgow tomorrow for the update, I also asked them to take a look at the rear spoiler which doesn’t close fully flush, it’s not a major issue and if I didn’t know better then a random stranger wouldn’t notice..but that’s not the point ?.

Anyway on speaking to them today on the drop-off time I need for the car for Covid protocols the booking/service manager knew nothing on:

• If I need to bring in trackers
  • If I need both keys or not
  • If the mobile charger was required to be brought in
i.e he had no instructions what so ever about the update.

And his response to the spoiler was that Porsche has said not to adjust it as it’s due to temperatures! WTF!

I will bring all of the above when dropping the car of but let’s just say this doesn’t fill me with confidence, my 4S (although not being used much due to Lockdown) is performing fine and I don’t really have any glitches.

Here’s hoping that the update or the dealer doesn’t introduce any new ones.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had mine done today - took 8 hrs. You don't need the charger or both sets of keys but bring one tracker and leave in the car.

There is an update for the charger but if you've had yours connected to the internet and auto update enabled then you will already have it. If not...get connected!

Spoiler situation is the same for me and today (after 3 visits) the temperature was highlighted as a reason to pause and not attempt to adjust.

It will be addressed later.

Bonus of the day was that after 4 months of ownership I now have my owners manual, service book etc!

Upgrade seems to be flawless and I've just travelled 130 miles straight after.

There was a letter issued explaining the procedure etc.

JasonATX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 G63, MY20 Model X, MY21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Got my MY21 TTS back yesterday. I left it overnight, but could have picked it up same day. PCM may be a little snappier, but not dramatic and may just be placebo. Wireless CarPlay still takes a bit to kick on. I had to reset my charge profile, but other than that it seems to work at least as well as before. I'm one of the lucky ones, as I've been issue-free since delivery *knock on wood*

Happy updating!

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got my MY21 TTS back yesterday. I left it overnight, but could have picked it up same day. PCM may be a little snappier, but not dramatic and may just be placebo. Wireless CarPlay still takes a bit to kick on. I had to reset my charge profile, but other than that it seems to work at least as well as before. I'm one of the lucky ones, as I've been issue-free since delivery *knock on wood*

Happy updating!
Talk about you being a lucky one: When I bought those same Nike running shoes they only had them in the bright orange color...

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
They're probably going to hold the MY20 update until the MY21's are done. I guess they figure we've survived this long.... :p
My dealer said they recently spoke to their internal sources and reaffirmed that the MY20 update would go out in week 12 (pretty much now!?). They would/could not confirm if wireless carplay would be a part of that update, despite me sharing (and them using it to speak to their reps) the sequence 1-4 details from earlier in the thread.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Anybody had an issue doing the "two finger top right" PCM reboot since getting the update?

My PCM is refusing to load Internet Radio, Podcasts or Apple Music and usually a PCM reboot (slow) does the trick. But I can't get it to work since the recent software update and I always used to be able to do it!

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Picked the car up yesterday and it had the most recent software. Others having deliveries after the update announcement seemed to have it too. Porsche making babysteps improving.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anybody had an issue doing the "two finger top right" PCM reboot since getting the update?

My PCM is refusing to load Internet Radio, Podcasts or Apple Music and usually a PCM reboot (slow) does the trick. But I can't get it to work since the recent software update and I always used to be able to do it!
Never tried the reboot before so can't judge. My Apple stuff needs to be re-registered again after the update but I've not done that yet. I also noticed privacy mode was enabled which obviously shouldn't be for services to work. Have you checked that?

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
I made the update yesterday, it’s too early to see if my problem are solved.
Previous the update i lost my viewing settings or range settings sometimes.
After update the apple music app continues sometimes forget the music that i was listening the last time.
Porsche Taycan Dealer Software Update 9E2E996F-611E-4204-90B9-05B95FC04552
Sponsored

Last edited: